Max Holloway 2 Weight World Champion thread

Domingo -
Bivabiva -
Domingo -

If he wins, he's instantly in the P4P GOAT conversation.

How?!?! You have exceptionally low standards my friend.

That would be two titles at the same time and 13 consecutive wins including 2 consecutive wins over a guy (Aldo) previously on that list. Those are numbers that only Mighty Mouse and Jon Jones have comparable accomplishment to since the dark ages.

One title - remember this LW title isn’t real. 

And as good as DJ is, he’s not fought anyone - at all.

And when did the dark ages end if you’re ignoring GSP’s and Silva’s runs? 

oranos -

If Holloway wins, his life drastically changes in an instant. He would instantly force a response from McGregor and the fight becomes #1 biggest UFC fight of all time netting him enough money for the rest of his/his children's lives.

Which is why he is taking the fight despite all odds and knows this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

He would’ve never been given this shot in the first place. Conor will be forced to fight him asap. The amount of money involved for Conor’s return fight will be insane.

Even if he loses, if Max does well enough he might get another shot in the future.

Seeing how Max is stepping up in weight, DC stepping up against Stipe, really wish MM will stop being scared to step up against TJ

Bivabiva -
Domingo -
Bivabiva -
Domingo -

If he wins, he's instantly in the P4P GOAT conversation.

How?!?! You have exceptionally low standards my friend.

That would be two titles at the same time and 13 consecutive wins including 2 consecutive wins over a guy (Aldo) previously on that list. Those are numbers that only Mighty Mouse and Jon Jones have comparable accomplishment to since the dark ages.

One title - remember this LW title isn’t real. 

And as good as DJ is, he’s not fought anyone - at all.

And when did the dark ages end if you’re ignoring GSP’s and Silva’s runs? 

I'd absolutely count Silva and GSP on that list as well. It's not like that list can't be made up of 10 individuals. If you look at some of those big runs by GSP, Silva, Fedor, Shogun, Wand, Penn, Aldo, Pulver, etc. there are typically lots of shaky opponents or even some losses mixed in. Either that or revisionist history about how good some of their wins actually were.