Max taking a bad fight like BJ

Must be a Hawaii ting. All nutsack.

Have the towel ready… RDA/Pettis…

This would never happen in boxing. Careful calculations are needed to be the best ever, see GSP, see Mayweather, see Conor, see Mighty Mouse. SEE Jon Jones refusing Chael on short notice.

None of those guys would do this.

Pettis has not been the same since RDA puttin that grappling grind on him. Holloway is very honorable and brave, major respect, but this is more balls than brains…

Accurate. 

His giant cut + lack of trane UFC means he's in for a long, really, really fucked up night. 

To be honest I am a bit worried about the long term effects of a Khabib beating on unprepared Max. 

WhereIsGoranReljic -

To be honest I am a bit worried about the long term effects of a Khabib beating on unprepared Max. 

why? he hasnt put anyone out cold in literally years and michael johnson and edson barboza seem no worse for wear. 

RightHandOfDOOM -
WhereIsGoranReljic -

why? he hasnt put anyone out cold in literally years and michael johnson and edson barboza seem no worse for wear. 

I don't think you need to go unconscious to have permanent or lasting wear . Max seems to be coming in off an injury , layoff, and a rough weigh cut. 

Khabib has no animosity towards Holloway. He says he would not have taken the fight himself, but he thanked Holloway for stepping up. He's not going to go out of his way to abuse him. He will definitely show everyone that it was a HUGE mistake for Holloway to take the fight, but I think he just wants the win, not to destroy anyone.

stainlesssteel - 

Khabib has no animosity towards Holloway. He says he would not have taken the fight himself, but he thanked Holloway for stepping up. He's not going to go out of his way to abuse him. He will definitely show everyone that it was a HUGE mistake for Holloway to take the fight, but I think he just wants the win, not to destroy anyone.

lol

ahhahahaaha

dude, no one has animosity to Holloway, and Khabib is the gentle God.

When he fights McGregor or Ferguson on the other hand, all Daegestan Hell will break loose.

RightHandOfDOOM -
WhereIsGoranReljic -

Nurmagomedov is one of the few fighters in the sport who can impose their will on an opponent to the point that it damages their ability to compete at a high level moving forward. 

From Forbes magazine. Read em and weep cowboy

Short 6 day notice, no training camp, big weight cut, coming off an injury , and moving up a division. The deck’s not really that stacked against him.

stainlesssteel -
RightHandOfDOOM -
WhereIsGoranReljic -

Nurmagomedov is one of the few fighters in the sport who can impose their will on an opponent to the point that it damages their ability to compete at a high level moving forward. 

From Forbes magazine. Read em and weep cowboy

I don't think Forbes magazine's view of mma is revelent here. Except from a $ prespective.

money talks, everything else walks.

if this is obvious to a reporter everyone including a dude from Forbes, maybe you're the one too blind to see

This is an excellent point, OP. This is how BJ and Sakuraba ruined their legacies and their bodies. 

rafael_collado -

This is an excellent point, OP. This is how BJ and Sakuraba ruined their legacies and their bodies. 

Two legends,two of my all time faves.

I really really wish Max's intro music is crazy by Gnarls Barkley

Watch...Max isn't easy to take down. I have him winning this fight by TKO Rd. 2 or 3. Straight right hand knockdown to GnP or even possible rear-naked finish.

"See Conor"

Not the best example.

He's taken short notice fights a few times , granted he was already fighting but still.

Then he challanges RDA for his 155lb belt after winning the 145lb belt, which fell through so he agreed to the Nate fight at 170, then insisted on that weight again in the rematch.

Then.... He challanges the best boxer ever to a boxing match..

EKPOGI - 
rafael_collado -

Two legends,two of my all time faves.

I really really wish Max's intro music is crazy by Gnarls Barkley

<iframe allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qe500eIK1oA" width="560"></iframe></p>
Ghost of Retard - 

"See Conor"

Not the best example.

He's taken short notice fights a few times , granted he was already fighting but still.

Then he challanges RDA for his 155lb belt after winning the 145lb belt, which fell through so he agreed to the Nate fight at 170, then insisted on that weight again in the rematch.

Then.... He challanges the best boxer ever to a boxing match..

I meant see Conor for this particular fight at UFC 223.

stainlesssteel -

Khabib had no animosity towards Barboza either yet still shellacked the tar outta him.

".Then.... He challanges the best boxer ever to a boxing match.."

ahem, let's qualify pls

He challenged a 40 yr old RETIRED boxer to a match, never hurt him, and once again gassed BADLY!

Thank you. Fixed.