Maybe a closer look at Referee Dan Mirgliotta ...

is needed.

Those standups in the vitor/johnson fight were atrocious. Almost to the point where you have to think theres a conspiracy going on. IF you guys recall correctly, dan mirg was also the guy who (was paid by gary shaw imo) kept that kimbo vs james thompson going even though kimbo was taking unanswered shots, and then had the balls to stop james thompson when he rocked on the feet.

If I was zuffa and wanted to make sure anthony johnson lost, to not only keep the tuf brazil ball rolling for vitor, but a fuck you for the whole weight cutting fiasco, dan mirg(who zuffa chose to bring to brazil) would be the man i would pay to have the fight go down the way i wanted.

IMO dan mirg is a crook, a fraud and bad for the sports integrity, we all need to keep an eye on this guy.

You would almost have to think there's a conspiracy, except people have been complaining about Dan's reffing, including and specifically his standups, for years now. In other words, he is just a terrible ref who is routinely influenced by the crowd.

Neil McCauley - is needed.

Those standups in the vitor/johnson fight were atrocious. Almost to the point where you have to think theres a conspiracy going on. IF you guys recall correctly, dan mirg was also the guy who (was paid by gary shaw imo) kept that kimbo vs james thompson going even though kimbo was taking unanswered shots, and then had the balls to stop james thompson when he rocked on the feet.

If I was zuffa and wanted to make sure anthony johnson lost, to not only keep the tuf brazil ball rolling for vitor, but a fuck you for the whole weight cutting fiasco, dan mirg(who zuffa chose to bring to brazil) would be the man i would pay to have the fight go down the way i wanted.

IMO dan mirg is a crook, a fraud and bad for the sports integrity, we all need to keep an eye on this guy.
Wow...strong words...libel, how does it work?

I agree that there has been outrage towards Dan for many Reffing errors, but this is the first time I can remember there being a clear...but more importantly an INTENTIONAL move by Dan to influence the outcome of a fight, other than the Kimbo/thompson fiasco. This to me was even more clearly intentional, and had a clear impact on the outcome of the fight.

It was really bad is what I am getting at.

Yeah, he's one of the worst refs for sure

DP

Mirgliotta is the same guy from the Kimbo vs. Tompson debacle.

During one of Mirgliotta's 1st UFC fights he let Rogan influence him so much he refused to standup some egregious Lay and Pray.

Mirgliotta is the same guy who ref'd Fedor's Strikeforce losses.

Mirgliotta always seems to be the guy who refs fights that already have controversy before they even start.

I'm sure he's a good dude, but he is heavily influenced by the media. 

Bat21 - 
Neil McCauley - is needed.

<b>IMO dan mirg is a crook, a fraud </b>and bad for the sports integrity, we all need to keep an eye on this guy.
Wow...strong words...libel, how does it work?

well first the party in question has to notice the "libel, lol. then he has to care enough to file. the the defense gets to show any evidence that what they said is true, and therefore not libel. then they have to demonstrate damages if he wants to get anything other than a retraction out of the case.

in other words, this probably will not ever be proven libel.

Very good ref.

Referees a lot of fights, so a few as a percentage are going to get criticized.

Johnson was trying to stall on top, it was obvious to anyone.

Here is dan mirg poking heath herring in the eye before his fight with brock (zuffa really wanted brock to win, coincidence?)

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i442/9876512345/danmirgpokesbrock.gif

Here is dan mirgliotta tackling akira gono (ufc was making a push for the british market and dan hardy was there posterboy, coincidence? )

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i442/9876512345/danmirgstrikesagain.gif

Here is dan mirg lifting up the losers hand in hopes of trickign the athletic commission into giving that guy the win

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i442/9876512345/danmirgfailsagain.gif

This guy has a history of shady actions, dont let it go unnoticed.

Just think for a moment and then realize how fucking dumb you sound.

wasnt mirg also the guy during maia vs anderson that was threatening to take away points from anderson for timidity, even though theres nothing in the rule book that states mirgliotta has the power to do that?

This guy is always trying to put his stamp on the fight, disgusting.

Totally agree
What the fuck he was thinking standing them up so quick?!

Normally I hate stand-ups of any kind, but I will play the devils advocate here.

In the Vitor AJ fight it was very clear to me that AJ was just resting on top due to being gassed. Aside from the first takedown where he threw some elbows it was pretty obvious he was just stalling.

the ref can be justified in standing up a fight if it is clear the contestant is just hanging on to stall.

mrantistupiditay - 
Massa - Very good ref.

Whether you're trolling or out of your mind, just stop already.

He's right. Watch the fight again.

AJ was badly gassed and was desperately trying to merely stall.

If you come in 11 pounds over weight you don't deserve any breaks. Inactivity should result in a quick stand-up. On a side note, those brazilians might have descended on that cage like a swarm of locusts if vitor lost that fight. Chael better cash in his title shot in america.

When AJ was working on the Takedown towards the cage Miragliotta steped in! Even Rogan said why Dan standing them up so quick

RyannVonDoom - He's the ref that poked Heath in the left eye in the rules exchange at UFC 87. Same eye that brock caught Heath with that overhand right on. Yep. I went there.

I posted the gif above. considering heath is your boy in all, that musta really disgusted you.

AJ was stalling and already admitted he was dead tired w/ no legs underneath him. He missed weight and got owmned by the better smaller fighter. AJ couldn't even beat Josh Koschek, he wasn't going to beat Vitor and certainly not by stalling.

mrantistupiditay -
hermanitor - 
mrantistupiditay - 
Massa - Very good ref.

Whether you're trolling or out of your mind, just stop already.

He's right. Watch the fight again.

AJ was badly gassed and was desperately trying to merely stall.

How about this. How about you go train and actually know what you're talking about as far as what constitutes a justified stand up.

I do and he's 100% right stand up were great Phone Post