Maybe a closer look at Referee Dan Mirgliotta ...

rampageforpresident - If you come in 11 pounds over weight you don't deserve any breaks. Inactivity should result in a quick stand-up.

inactivity should result in inactivity. This is a sport for fuck sakes.

When theres 2 minutes left in a basketball game and a team is trying to run out the 24 second shot clock, the referee does not hand the ball back to the other team because of "inactivity" and nor do they when a football team kneels to run out the clock.

MMA has become a joke of a sport.

mrantistupiditay - Come on, Haas, seriously? 3 in the same round, without warnings, in that quick a succession?

Be honest: how badly did you want Johnson to lose?

I think Johnson's a turd based on his failures to make weight, but that doesn't determine how fights should be judged.

As a ref, you don't start standing a fighter up because you think he's gassed.

For truth.

Ban this op now. Phone Post

glupe - Why are you comparing other sports to MMA?? Trying to find similarities between the 2 is ridiculous.

Since when do we compare basketball to baseball, and football to hockey? Stop with your dumbass arguments.

Let's compare the UFC to another MMA organization. I think some of the Pride rules would fit really nice under the UFC banner, especially the 1 where you get yellow carded for being a blanket.

yes lets see these crooked state officials have the power to take money away from fighters for no reason, brilliant iDEA!!!! DERPP

I have a feeling your experience with pride is either your local gay parades or highlights on youtube. Just about every yellow card handed out in pride was ludicrous and made no effect on the fight. There were plenty of times they handed them out to both guys when only one was stalling and plenty of times when both guys are trying to fight, its just there styles created a stalemate. This is a fucking fight, not an action movie or fake wrassslin.

UGCTT_Bispingstolemysn - Ban this op now.

dan mirg is that you?

Art Corvelay - Miragliotta is the same man who actually threatened a stand-up when James Thompson had Kimbo in the crucifix, causing Thompson to spaz and lose position. This was also the same fight were Miragliotta stood them up when Kimbo was pinned in side control.

And of course stopped the fight over a bleeding cauliflower ear.

SKARHEAD - AJ was stalling and already admitted he was dead tired w/ no legs underneath him. He missed weight and got owmned by the better smaller fighter. AJ couldn't even beat Josh Koschek, he wasn't going to beat Vitor and certainly not by stalling.

Another irrelevant post....

Do you have ADD?

What does any of that have to do with Dan M. standing these fighters up faster than ANY UFC fight I have ever seen?

Neil McCauley - is needed.

Those standups in the vitor/johnson fight were atrocious. Almost to the point where you have to think theres a conspiracy going on. IF you guys recall correctly, dan mirg was also the guy who (was paid by gary shaw imo) kept that kimbo vs james thompson going even though kimbo was taking unanswered shots, and then had the balls to stop james thompson when he rocked on the feet.

If I was zuffa and wanted to make sure anthony johnson lost, to not only keep the tuf brazil ball rolling for vitor, but a fuck you for the whole weight cutting fiasco, dan mirg(who zuffa chose to bring to brazil) would be the man i would pay to have the fight go down the way i wanted.

IMO dan mirg is a crook, a fraud and bad for the sports integrity, we all need to keep an eye on this guy.

Zuffa doesn't choose the refs champ Phone Post

If the takedowns were reversed., you know Vitor would get more time to work. It doesn't matter if he is "gassed" he didn't get the same amount of time most fighters get to work, it was just quickly stood up. If all fights were like that, fine, but they are not. Big Dan is the worst ref in the UFC IMO, all that fat in his fat head must've seeped into his brain, and he can't think anymore. He doesn't even try to hide his bias, he has no shame.

Mongoloid Miragliotta

mrantistupiditay - 
hermanitor - 
mrantistupiditay - 
Massa - Very good ref.

Referees a lot of fights, so a few as a percentage are going to get criticized.

Johnson was trying to stall on top, it was obvious to anyone.

Whether you're trolling or out of your mind, just stop already.

He's right. Watch the fight again.

AJ was badly gassed and was desperately trying to merely stall.

How about this. How about you go train and actually know what you're talking about as far as what constitutes a justified stand up.

you're clearly wrong, you dont have to be an asshole because of it. It was justified because the ref said so. The ref IS allowed to stand up if a fighter is clearly stalling.

"It was justified because the ref said so".

Wow. You're a fool.

Josh Krosscheck - 
Neil McCauley - is needed.

Those standups in the vitor/johnson fight were atrocious. Almost to the point where you have to think theres a conspiracy going on. IF you guys recall correctly, dan mirg was also the guy who (was paid by gary shaw imo) kept that kimbo vs james thompson going even though kimbo was taking unanswered shots, and then had the balls to stop james thompson when he rocked on the feet.

If I was zuffa and wanted to make sure anthony johnson lost, to not only keep the tuf brazil ball rolling for vitor, but a fuck you for the whole weight cutting fiasco, dan mirg(who zuffa chose to bring to brazil) would be the man i would pay to have the fight go down the way i wanted.

IMO dan mirg is a crook, a fraud and bad for the sports integrity, we all need to keep an eye on this guy.
Zuffa doesn't choose the refs champ

when they go to places without established athletic commisions(england, brazil etc.), yes they do, champ.

Whats even more baffling is a guy like dana will talk mad shit about a mazagati, then go and chose to bring him to england with him. its laughable. You complain "its the commisions cant do anyhting about it" then go ahead and bring those dimwits with you. This is just as much zuffas fault for brining repeat offenders as it is dan mirgs himself(especially is some sketchy help vitor win shit went down).

Would a blue namer be so kind to post these dan mirg gifs for us?

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i442/9876512345/danmirgpokesbrock.gif

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i442/9876512345/danmirgstrikesagain.gif

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i442/9876512345/danmirgfailsagain.gif

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i442/9876512345/danmirgstopsthompsonfightpremature.gif

really illustrates what this guys all about.

mrantistupiditay - 
HexRei - "It was justified because the ref said so".

Wow. You're a fool.

Overplaying the troll, imo, but happy to agree on something (being stupid on purpose is probably more pointless than just being stupid).

Ummm... Not sure if backhanded insult or not... ;)

In any case, we happen to agree because the standups were questionable.

One is whatever, you're not going to agree with every call, the clinch break was "wtf? wrestlers spend a lot more time than that attempting to complete a TD all the time", and the third was so absurd that I actually joked to the people I was watching with that Mirag would stand AJ up right after the body body head combo... and he did.

Man its embarrassing reading some of the shit people post on mma forums, sad.

People thinking refs and judges are paid off, that UFC is fixing fights, Bellator is fixing fights, like are you kidding me?

Neil McCauley - Here is dan mirg poking heath herring in the eye before his fight with brock (zuffa really wanted brock to win, coincidence?)

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i442/9876512345/danmirgpokesbrock.gif

Here is dan mirgliotta tackling akira gono (ufc was making a push for the british market and dan hardy was there posterboy, coincidence? )

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i442/9876512345/danmirgstrikesagain.gif

Here is dan mirg lifting up the losers hand in hopes of trickign the athletic commission into giving that guy the win

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i442/9876512345/danmirgfailsagain.gif

This guy has a history of shady actions, dont let it go unnoticed.

I dont see any coincedences, the guy likes money

Art Corvelay - There was no Athletic Commission for the event last night. Unless you prove otherwise, I'm thinking the UFC handled the refs and judges.

Notice no Mazzagatti or Winslow.

Im pretty sure this has come up before and the NSAC helps out in these situations and even when state athletic commisions have been new to the sport of mma.

Josh Krosscheck - 
Art Corvelay - There was no Athletic Commission for the event last night. Unless you prove otherwise, I'm thinking the UFC handled the refs and judges.

Notice no Mazzagatti or Winslow.

Im pretty sure this has come up before and the NSAC helps out in these situations and even when state athletic commisions have been new to the sport of mma.

mark ratner works for ufc and he chooses the judges and referees they bring. You would have to be naive to think dana doesnt have an influence on who mark chooses to bring, this is a guy after all that dictates stuff down to the smallest details like ring entrances.

they were some of the quickest standups ive ever seen

Anthony Johnson deserved it

he got what was coming to him, if he was on weight Im sure non of this would have happened so it's all his fault

I'm glad the ref stood them up twice super fast, I don't know if he was paid off or not but if he was then so what big deal Johnson should of make weight

I hope Dana fires Johnson