Maybe tferg shouldn't have made weight last time

Seems like he got old overnight. 

1 Like

had nothing to do with it. justin fought perfectly.

2 Likes
wiggum - had nothing to do with it. justin fought perfectly.

And Tony fought terribly. Really, really uncharacteristically terribly. 

Justin looked great but it wasn’t as simple as that as far as I could see. I mean, even Tony’s body looked different, 

Maybe but he did look old

Maybe it was because Justin stayed measured and was sharper than we all expectex. Tony also didn’t adjust. Should have tried to wrestle, drop guard, Imanari roll in r3 instead of r5 when he was already dying.

didnt look like the same tony

Wasa-B - Maybe it was because Justin stayed measured and was sharper than we all expectex. Tony also didn't adjust. Should have tried to wrestle, drop guard, Imanari roll in r3 instead of r5 when he was already dying.

Ok but his hair is turning grey and his body was noticeably smaller 

Looked the same to me. I just think Tony respects Justin and it showed.

My first thought when I saw him in there was that he did look noticeably older or more diminished. I could be totally wrong, but that thought did pop into my head. 

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide -

Justin looked great but it wasn’t as simple as that as far as I could see. I mean, even Tony’s body looked different, 

He fought the way he always does. 

He is a "take 1 to give 1 (or 2)" fighter, relying on his superior chin and cardio to get the edge in this scenario.

The difference is, Justin was disciplined enough to defend well and preserve his cardio long enough where it got to the point that Tony accumulated just too much damage to get back into the fight properly.

I mentioned it in a earlier thread that the double weight cut in two weeks for Tony was not good.

MGIM -

My first thought when I saw him in there was that he did look noticeably older or more diminished. I could be totally wrong, but that thought did pop into my head. 

Same. Looked drained.

flyboy91 - 

He is a "take 1 to give 1 (or 2)" fighter, relying on his superior chin and cardio to get the edge in this scenario.

The difference is, Justin was disciplined enough to defend well and preserve his cardio long enough where it got to the point that Tony accumulated just too much damage to get back into the fight properly.

I agree. By the time he would have “picked it up,” he was severely concussed.

1 Like

he literally said the weight cut wasnt an issue in post interview. so come up with another excuse.

flyboy91 -

No. He didn’t. As I said he fought completely uncharacteristically.

No off-beat strikes, minimal lateral movement, sticking to conventional strikes in the main.

Not to mention he looked drained of life before the fight even started. Extremely skinny and dehydrated. The extra weight cut a couple weeks back may well have contributed. 

HoboSkillet -
MGIM -

Same. Looked drained.

Yup

MGIM -

This

Nah I think he looked the same, I actually think Tony has been past his prime for a couple of years now. I think all of the injuries and crazy training is catching up to him. His last few fights were good matchups for him. Justin was a bad one. Justin has a pretty clear speed advantage and no weird shit Tony did could disguise that. 

1 Like
MasterofMartialArts -

Nah I think he looked the same, I actually think Tony has been past his prime for a couple of years now. I think all of the injuries and crazy training is catching up to him. His last few fights were good matchups for him. Justin was a bad one. Justin has a pretty clear speed advantage and no weird shit Tony did could disguise that. 

Nah. Most people don’t seem to agree, and for good reason (i.e. he looked like death before the fight even started...)

knappster -

he literally said the weight cut wasnt an issue in post interview. so come up with another excuse.

If u had a brain you would know that he raised it as an excuse and then quickly corrected himself