Maybe there are still good cops out there....

Here in my local area, either Melbourne or West Melbourne (FL) police department handed out free scratch off lottery tickets and warnings instead of giving speeding tickets on Christmas Day. They purchased the tickets with their personal money. Very cool IMO. Holiday cheer at work. Phone Post 3.0

What? Wouldn't that encourage dumb people to speed? Phone Post

If it was done consistently, yeah, maybe. But it was done one day, a day we all know that people stress and hurry over. Imagine the relief and gratitude those people felt when handed a gift instead if a speeding fine. Maybe they'll realize a thing or two about patience and life :-) Phone Post 3.0

In before angryinch claims it is entrapment into some fraud scheme...... Phone Post 3.0

TTT Phone Post 3.0

My favorite police Christmas story from a guy I worked with. Not a bullshit story, because the guy told it to me directly, and he is crazy enough to do it.

Christmas Day.

Cop stops a car for speeding. As he walks up, he noticed a very thuggish looking guy accompanied by a girl.

Guy is NERVOUS as all fucking, leading my friend to ask him if he's got anything illegal in the car. Guy reaches under the seat and hands over a small bag of weed (to anyone not in policing, people are NEVER this honest).

My friend tells him to get out of the car where they can talk alone.

"I don't even like this shit. We drove around for nearly two hours trying to find an open liquor store. I eventually gave up and went and found this. I don't even like weed."

My friend goes back to the patrol car and runs the guy's license--comes up clean. He goes back to the car and says "stick your hand out the window." Guy hesitates, thinking my friend is going to smack him. "I said, stick your hand out the window."

The guy eventually does, and the cop gives him the fucking weed back. "Merry Christmas," and walks away.

Gforce - My favorite police Christmas story from a guy I worked with. Not a bullshit story, because the guy told it to me directly, and he is crazy enough to do it.

Christmas Day.

Cop stops a car for speeding. As he walks up, he noticed a very thuggish looking guy accompanied by a girl.

Guy is NERVOUS as all fucking, leading my friend to ask him if he's got anything illegal in the car. Guy reaches under the seat and hands over a small bag of weed (to anyone not in policing, people are NEVER this honest).

My friend tells him to get out of the car where they can talk alone.

"I don't even like this shit. We drove around for nearly two hours trying to find an open liquor store. I eventually gave up and went and found this. I don't even like weed."

My friend goes back to the patrol car and runs the guy's license--comes up clean. He goes back to the car and says "stick your hand out the window." Guy hesitates, thinking my friend is going to smack him. "I said, stick your hand out the window."

The guy eventually does, and the cop gives him the fucking weed back. "Merry Christmas," and walks away.

Clearly your story didn't take place in California or the driver would have been riddled full of holes for reaching underneath his seat with police standing at the window during a traffic stop. Phone Post 3.0

The amount of good cops compared to bad cops is probably huge. The good ones just do their job and rarely make the news like the bad ones do. Thats just my theory, I could be wrong. One interesting thing about living in the Twin Cities is that for the most part St. Paul cops are extremely cool and Minneapolis cops are pricks (of course this is a generalization, but in my experience it seems true)

I dont know this kinda sounds stupid. Why not just not pull people over if you want to give a real christmas gift.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/chance-meeting-las-vegas-officer-changes-family-s-fortune

Blue please