Mayhem Miller's WEC Debut! May 12!

World Extreme Cagefighting has announced the full fight card for its May 12th show at The Joint in the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, Nev. It was previously announced that the headline bout would be WEC Lightweight Champion “Razor” Rob McCullough making his first title defense against UFC veteran and WEC mainstay Rich “Cleat” Crunkilton, but a knee injury has forced McCullough to pullout of the fight. Crunkilton will now face UFC veteran Jamie Varner in what is being billed as a number one contender’s match for the WEC Lightweight Championship.

The new main event for the May 12th card will be WEC Light Heavyweight Champion Doug “The Rhino” Marshall defending his title for the first time against XFO Light Heavyweight Champion Justin McElfresh. Marshall is coming off of a knockout victory over Loudine Sincaid at WEC 23. McElfresh is coming off a submission victory over Ron Fields at XFO 13: Operation Breakdown.

Making his WEC debut, UFC veteran Jason “Mayhem” Miller takes on Armory fighter Hiromitsu Miura. Miller is coming off a stoppage victory over Hector Urbina at Icon Sport: Epic. Miura was scheduled to fight Joe Riggs at WEC 26, but the fight was scrapped the day of when Riggs pulled out due to injury.

WEC: Marshall vs. McElfresh
May 12, 2007
The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel

WEC Light Heavyweight Championship Bout:
Doug Marshall vs. Justin McElfresh
Lightweight Bout: Rich Crunkilton vs. Jamie Varner
Middleweight Bout: Jason “Mayhem” Miller vs. Hiromitsu Miura
Light Heavyweight Bout: Gary Padilla vs. Ariel Gandulla
Lightweight Bout: Marcus Hicks vs. Sergio Gomez
Welterweight Bout: Tom Speer vs. Sidney Silva
Bantamweight Bout: Brandon Foxworth vs. Manny Tapia
Lightweight Bout: Ed Ratcliff vs. Johnny Sampaio
Middleweight Bout: Eric Schambari vs. Art Santore

Source: MMAWeekly

#.666

I know how the mods love Mayhem here, but I don't believe he'll ever be championship caliber and might have a shot in the WEC though of building some wins.

Great character though

TTT for Mayhem!  Is the show going to be televised? 

"Isn't WEC on the VS. channel or something? "..... i saw a commercial that said the WEC will be on vs 6/3 or something like that

I love the guy, but I feel like 170 is too much of a cut and he isnt quite top 10 material in terms of athleticism...in terms of technique, I think he def has it, maybe more than others that perform better at the higher levels.

you guys think maybe a nutritionist/strength coach would help? or do you think he is actually one of the few fighters not on GH or juice and it hurts him because most others are?

who does the matchmaking for WEC? Is is Silva?

Why can't that little son of a bitch come on here and give us the news himself? I feel unwanted and betrayed.

ttmft!

Mayhem?

Mayhem will be ready for a title shot in 12 months.

Never heard of the guy.

And Ryan Parsons is a sick son of a bitch, I have it on good authority.

TTT

"I love the guy, but I feel like 170 is too much of a cut"

Mayhem probably agrees. Could be why he stopped fighting at 170.

"who does the matchmaking for WEC? Is is Silva? "

I would guess that Scott Adams still does the match-making but,I could be wrong.Ask Melissa she will know for sure.