maynard needs to retire

3 out of his last 4 fights he has been brutally KOd, with this last one versus nate being pretty scary...and even before this ive noticed his speech has gotten real slow and laborsome...been a fan of this guy, but his team should convince him to hang em up

Easily my next LW champ pick before he fought Edgar. Given that, I can understand him trying again and again.

Agree. Those fights with Frankie took a huge toll on him, and this last fight was brain damage material.

I like the guy and all, and watch his fights, but if he still keeps at it hes going to sound like Chuck Liddell soon.

fucking gokudamus.

Yep, he's done

Feel bad for him since he is only 33 yrs old but I agree. He needs to retire, he keeps getting knocked out

He's got no business keeping his hands that low. Frustrating to watch Phone Post 3.0

Hilarious when they keep talking about what a "huge lightweight" he is. He was smaller than Pearson who just came back from 145.

yeah he seems to have lost his chin

bummer for him, doesnt seem to long ago he beat frankie for thr belt and was ripped off by judges

Yes.

yup

Bummer Phone Post 3.0

If you've seen Mac Danzig on the JRE, he goes into detail about how brutal the old Xtreme Couture sessions with Maynard and crew were. That he hated training because they would all smash each others faces in every day. Sucks to hear that and see Gray now as he barely took any damage in his fight career until these recent losses, those gym wars will take their toll. Gives you hope we're going to see longer careers now that guys seem to be moving away from constant sparring Phone Post 3.0

He never could take a shot really. Remember him KOing himself against Emerson I think it was? He has fell in love with his boxing, and though it has gotten to a decent level, he doesn't have the chin for it. If he was still a grind wrestling type, he may have been able to stick around a little longer. He is getting hit with huge clean shots too. His chin isn't on Matt Linland's level, but its not good either. He should quit before he starts running into issues like Kristoff discussed over hos recent retirement.

A high price to pay for becoming a more entertaining fighter who'd slug it out on the feet in recent years. He was dominating guys when he just stuck to his wrestling.

Am I the only one who thought the stoppage was a bit premature?

Sure, he got cracked and went down, but he never lost his wits, he immediately put his arms up to defend his head from further blows as he was trying to get up. I thought the ref was a bit quick to jump in and stop it.

BW92 - If you've seen Mac Danzig on the JRE, he goes into detail about how brutal the old Xtreme Couture sessions with Maynard and crew were. That he hated training because they would all smash each others faces in every day. Sucks to hear that and see Gray now as he barely took any damage in his fight career until these recent losses, those gym wars will take their toll. Gives you hope we're going to see longer careers now that guys seem to be moving away from constant sparring Phone Post 3.0

Ya he also mentioned tha he and Mike Pyle were the monsters in that gym destroying EVERYONE including Gray, Then one day Gray became the king of the gym and just started smashing everyone, everyday. A bit after that Mac left (around the same time he had his daugher before the Stevenson fight), but Gray was the king of that shit during that period.

I agree with the sentiment. When your punch resistance disappears it's time to check out.

He's been KO'd in 4 of his last 5. Phone Post 3.0

always was a fan. Thought he would be champ. I was wrong. Its time.