Maynard vs Edgar = ZZZ ZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

lordbreakdown - 
japetto - Why would the UFC do something stupid like put their #1 contender against the champ in the same weightclass? 

It would be much better if they just put guys in the cage who just want to "bang."  I am so tired of guys who want to fight using their strengths, and actually win.

this is how it should have been said. I still don't wanna see it though

Its fine if people dont wanna see it but at the same time, there's something to be said about the general nature of MMA fans imo when they are more concerned about exciting matchups than the top matchups.

Fans of other sports will be more excited when its a top and exciting or grudge matchup but they do not generally bitch, whine and stay away from a championship contest because it doesnt feature the most exciting teams or players.

Do football fans not watch the Superbowl cuz they arent super stoked about the teams?

Do tennis fans not watch the Wimbledon finals because of the same thing?

To be fair, at the same time, those only happen once a year, the UFC market is a bit too saturated right now.

GaGas Soldier - I dont know if you could pay me to watch this fight. Ill be taking a blunt break during this one for sure. Talk about the most boring LW title matchup of all time. I cant even think of a more boring matchup at LW trying and im being serious

how'd that go.

Great ttt had to read the thread to make sure I didn't embarrass myself as well.