Maynard vs Lauzon = Great matchmaking!

gonna be a great fight no matter what. I don't even think Gray can lure Lauzon into a boring fight.

Awesome matchup. Joe is obviously better on the ground, and I think standing, Maynard has the strength and wrestling and possibly cardio edge.

Lauzon rocks.. hope he beats the stand and wanger

I like Joe but Gray is going to make a statement

orcus -  Awesome matchup. Joe is obviously better on the ground, and I think standing, Maynard has the strength and wrestling and possibly cardio edge.

How the hell is Lauzon better standing? MAynard has dropped Frankie Edgar 4 times

Lauzon went three even rounds with Varner on the feet, dropped Guillard...Pettis is really the only guy to get the better of him standing and Pettis is a phenom on the feet. I also think he's much more versatile than Gray as far as striking goes.

orcus -  Lauzon went three even rounds with Varner on the feet, dropped Guillard...Pettis is really the only guy to get the better of him standing and Pettis is a phenom on the feet. I also think he's much more versatile than Gray as far as striking goes.

I agree. I think Lauzon is much more versed on the feet... now Gray may have more power but I wouldn't neccessarily say his stand-up is "technically" better... 

Maynard if he wants to him will impose his strength and Joe has to play psychological game and work with any mistakes he can to get a good sub position and move in and out quick.

We've seen Maynard deal with speed in Frankie but not speed purely looking for subs and to land what good strikes he can. Frankie is the reverse of Joe and closer in grappling to a Diaz style but more berzerker. and Maynard has struggled with Diaz going shot for shot in give or take better or worse depending on how you view the fight.

inf0 - minus Maynard it's great.. would have preferred him paired with an exciting fighter.

I actually went from hating him to being very interested in his fights.... they don't call him the bully for nothing... especially after the guida fight where I went from loving clay to loathing clay

Maynard's chin and power win him the fight Phone Post