Mayor Beetlejuice: Trump’s not committed 2 Chicago

TheDorkKnight - 

1. One is, he would push for universal background checks.

How many murderers bought their guns legally? 

2.He would push for an assault weapons ban.

How many people killed in Chicago were killed w ARs? 

3. He could push to make sure that people who were banned from getting on airplanes can’t get guns

how many shooters were first banned from airplanes? 

All of these suggestions are fucking retarded and shows she has no grasp of the root issue plaguing her city

LOL.

Basically the point of my deleted post, just more detailed.

I'm still shocked that people cannot connect the dots that criminals won't care about new laws or requirements, it may just cost them more money for guns but it won't slow things down.

Aside from that it's such a monster lie when the AWB gets brought up on issues like this, these crimes are overwhelmingly done with hand guns or guns not covered by the AWB.

1 Like

Chicago isnt perfect, and I am no lightfoot fan. However,  she’s right about Trump - and others-  using the City as a political punching bag. 

I would imagine that few people chiming in actually live in Chicago and have long-term, recent experience in dealing with this City…or even work in sectors which specifically deal with social problems as a profession.

In fact, it’s amusing that MAGA minds call media “fake” when reports don’t suit their fancy on certain topics, but nevertheless rely the media to inform them on Chicago.

I’ved lived in Chicago since 2002 after having lived in Florida. I’ve worked in “hoods” the majority of that time as a nonprofit leader. I’ve done my part to help address a lot of social problems. I’ve help start and support  initiatives (nonprofits and schools) which have done great work to address problems. I’ve also seen “problems” which can’t be readily addressed without a new paradigm. So while I understand  it is easy to critique Chicago, I also know that much of the critique comes from people who have an opinion skewed by their own interpretation of things or the propaganda of right-wing media.

Chicago  violence has nothing to do with democratic leadership. There are problems with this leadership, but that’s an issue with leadership as a whole as is the case nationwide.

Chicago is a major urban area with long-term systemic shit which contributes to the gun violence. Most of the negativity is localized  to specific neighborhoods where there is high population, high poverty, and high economic inequality. As noted in a 2019 report published by the UN, these are textbook conditions associated with high homicide rates world wide. People who think systemically beyond a MAGA mindset can see what’s going on. It’s not a partisan issue in the slightest.

salsero -

Chicago isnt perfect, and I am no lightfoot fan. However,  she’s right about Trump - and others-  using the City as a political punching bag. 

I would imagine that few people chiming in actually live in Chicago and have long-term, recent experience in dealing with this City…or even work in sectors which specifically deal with social problems as a profession.

In fact, it’s amusing that MAGA minds call media “fake” when reports don’t suit their fancy on certain topics, but nevertheless rely the media to inform them on Chicago.

I’ved lived in Chicago since 2002 after having lived in Florida. I’ve worked in “hoods” the majority of that time as a nonprofit leader. I’ve done my part to help address a lot of social problems. I’ve help start and support  initiatives (nonprofits and schools) which have done great work to address problems. I’ve also seen “problems” which can’t be readily addressed without a new paradigm. So while I understand  it is easy to critique Chicago, I also know that much of the critique comes from people who have an opinion skewed by their own interpretation of things or the propaganda of right-wing media.

Chicago  violence has nothing to do with democratic leadership. There are problems with this leadership, but that’s an issue with leadership as a whole as is the case nationwide.

Chicago is a major urban area with long-term systemic shit which contributes to the gun violence. Most of the negativity is localized  to specific neighborhoods where there is high population, high poverty, and high economic inequality. As noted in a 2019 report published by the UN, these are textbook conditions associated with high homicide rates world wide. People who think systemically beyond a MAGA mindset can see what’s going on. It’s not a partisan issue in the slightest.

Tell all of this to Rudy and see if he agrees with you. 

TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -
salsero -

Are you talking about Giuliani?

No he's talking about  Rudy Huxtable.

3 Likes
salsero -

When the right doesn't agree with a media report it's 'Magaminds calling it fake news?'

Then you go down to calling right-leaning news,' propaganda.'  Yep, you are so much better then the people you chastize.

Then you go on to say the murders and shootings are because they are poorer than other people.  So give the hood more money.  Give the schools, err, wait. Give you more money and this will be solved.  I get it now.

The kids who are poorer in West Virginia and Applilatcia who shoot and murder more then Chicago should get more money too right?  Oh shit, wait a second, they aren't the same cultural cesspool and they don't shoot people despite being poorer.  Sheeesh, seems like your logic is skewed, I wonder why?

2 Likes
salsero -

Hey, lifelong Chicagoan here, your assertion that most of the shootings are isolated to a few neighborhoods was the case for years, but now that we have tied the hands of police it has spread to all neighborhoods. 

Liberal policies have stopped Law Enforcement’s ability to police their assigned neighborhoods. If their gut instinct says hey that guy looks realllllly out of place and he is staring at joggers etc and wants to stop and search him do you know what happens? If a cop stops someone he has to fill out a 120 question form about why he stopped them. That is reviewed by a board and if they deem his stop racially motivated he is suspended without pay. Although I understand the reason for this the result is cops aren’t policing as much. 

Another factor is other crime like shoplifting. Our State’s Attorney Kim Foxx changes the amount for a felony from $300 to $1000. As a result groups are ransacking stores. I have a friend with a security company that does many big name stores downtown. They aren’t allowed to touch anyone, just be a presence. 

Policies like these and leadership that want to keep police from policing is what got us here and will continue to get us to worse places. No, I don’t want Judge Dredd rules, but it doesn’t take a genius to see where these rules are getting us.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-investigatory-stop-form-replaced-20160223-story.html

2 Likes
Akkadian88 -
salsero -

The only thing you said in this long winded diatribe is it's not the democrats fault.

well, yeah, it is. It's sure as hell not trumps fault, and you can't blame republicans. None of you "non profit leaders" have managed to convince black people to stop killing each other. So it seems like it's your failure more than anyone else's. 

What percentage of Chicago black residents do you think are killing each other?

Lightfoot is correct: Trump (and others) love to use Chicago as a political dumping ground. Your response exemplifies this. All you’ve accomplished in your response is an affirmation of partisan political hackery. You’ve added nothing of subtance to this discussion at all. 

Chicago violence has nothing to do with partisan politics and everything to do with systemic and social issues which - as empircal data suggests - contribute to increased homicide. Those issues pertain to poverty, economic inequality, etc. as I previously mentioned. This may not sit well within your worldview, but the facts are what they are. 

This doesn’t take away from the personal accountability factor in terms of Chicago violence. There’s a lot of fucking people in this City, and the outliers are the ones causing the problems. 

In terms of the nonprofit movement: Our nonprofits address a wide range of issues. I’ve helped address issues pertaining to education, college readiness and completion, citizenship, affordable housing, homelessness, workforce readiness, former offender rehab, home ownership, economic empowerment, and even some anti-violence work. We do good work…and if we were better funded and supported, we could do more.

salsero -

So it’s an issue for trump to solve or is it something a determined mayor could tackle if they weren’t corrupt or wanting to pass the buck (sounds like old New York a bit to me)?

salsero -
Akkadian88 -
salsero -

The only thing you said in this long winded diatribe is it's not the democrats fault.

well, yeah, it is. It's sure as hell not trumps fault, and you can't blame republicans. None of you "non profit leaders" have managed to convince black people to stop killing each other. So it seems like it's your failure more than anyone else's. 

Lightfoot is correct: Trump (and others) love to use Chicago as a political dumping ground. Your response exemplifies this. All you’ve accomplished in your response is an affirmation of partisan political hackery. You’ve added nothing of subtance to this discussion at all. 

Chicago violence has nothing to do with partisan politics and everything to do with systemic and social issues which - as empircal data suggests - contribute to increased homicide. Those issues pertain to poverty, economic inequality, etc. as I previously mentioned. This may not sit well within your worldview, but the facts are what they are. 

This doesn’t take away from the personal accountability factor in terms of Chicago violence. There’s a lot of fucking people in this City, and the outliers are the ones causing the problems. 

In terms of the nonprofit movement: Our nonprofits address a wide range of issues. I’ve helped address issues pertaining to education, college readiness and completion, citizenship, affordable housing, homelessness, workforce readiness, former offender rehab, home ownership, economic empowerment, and even some anti-violence work. We do good work…and if we were better funded and supported, we could do more.

And democrats like Lightfoot have been in charge of Chicago for decades and nothing changes. Somehow that orange man bad, though 

Take some responsibility for the shithole 

I live in Chicago 

3 Likes

Lol at the liberals whining their cities are being used as "political punching bags" by Trump. Now you know how HE feels, you fuggin hypocritical fools.

3 Likes
Junnk - 
salsero -
Akkadian88 -
salsero -

And democrats like Lightfoot have been in charge of Chicago for decades and nothing changes. Somehow that orange man bad, though 

I live in Chicago 

What would you suggest they do? There were huge changes when large gangs were destroyed but we still have shooting issues.

What exactly is the solution here?

Chicsgo is absolutely used for political reasons. And lol at it being a shit hole.

Isaac298 -
Junnk - 
salsero -
Akkadian88 -
salsero -

I live in Chicago 

What would you suggest they do? There were huge changes when large gangs were destroyed but we still have shooting issues.

Chicsgo is absolutely used for political reasons. And lol at it being a shit hole.

Who knows, but the same party and method isnt working. Maybe go after them like the mob. 

Yet, people keep voting the same party in and expecting different results. There’s a name for that, it’s called insanity. 

You won't be able to tackle gang violence when all you do is blame others for laughing at how fucked this city is with violence and pointing fingers at red, neighboring states. 

Shift blame seems to be the strategy here 

salsero -

Let me just take a wild stab at which party you helped elect to power and continue to support...

You are too dense to even realize that you are a part of the problem. Enjoy your shithole. 

4 Likes
Isaac298 -
Junnk - 
salsero -
Akkadian88 -
salsero -

I live in Chicago 

Maybe stay the course on eliminating corrupt police, increasing trustworthy peace officer presence, ensuring currently safe neighborhoods stay that way while applying focus on hot spot neighborhoods.

things all within the mayor’s control.  Have things improved or worsened under her leadership?   If she stands on a record or successful momentum she should parade that out to rebuke trump.  She’s throwing it at trump because she’s a failure or using chicago city political failure to try and stain the federal government .

Fighting -
salsero -

When the right doesn't agree with a media report it's 'Magaminds calling it fake news?'

Then you go down to calling right-leaning news,' propaganda.'  Yep, you are so much better then the people you chastize.

Then you go on to say the murders and shootings are because they are poorer than other people.  So give the hood more money.  Give the schools, err, wait. Give you more money and this will be solved.  I get it now.

The kids who are poorer in West Virginia and Applilatcia who shoot and murder more then Chicago should get more money too right?  Oh shit, wait a second, they aren't the same cultural cesspool and they don't shoot people despite being poorer.  Sheeesh, seems like your logic is skewed, I wonder why?

Violence is caused by lack of opportunity, education and income inequality.

do you think Chicago has a violence problem primarily because of DeMoCraTs? Or is it because they are black?

Not sure what the point of your post is.

Pedro Navaja -
Fighting -
salsero -

do you think Chicago has a violence problem primarily because of DeMoCraTs? Or is it because they are black?

lmao. beat it, you didn't weed wack last week, don't try skipping it again this week.

1 Like
Pedro Navaja -
Fighting -
salsero -

"Violence is caused by lack of opportunity, education and income inequality. "

Tell that to the millions of kids in Appliatia who are worse off then inner-city kids then.  Why aren't they murdering in droves?  They get far fewer job opportunities, far less money spent on them per capita then inner-city kids.  Yet they aren't murdering shitbags and animals.

How's your reason account for that disparity?

4 Likes
salsero -
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -
salsero -

Are you talking about Giuliani?

Yes. 

Fighting -
Pedro Navaja -
Fighting -
salsero -

"Violence is caused by lack of opportunity, education and income inequality. "

Tell that to the millions of kids in Appliatia who are worse off then inner-city kids then.  Why aren't they murdering in droves?  They get far fewer job opportunities, far less money spent on them per capita then inner-city kids.  Yet they aren't murdering shitbags and animals.

How's your reason account for that disparity?

you people still take this dude seriously. jajaja