Mayor Beetlejuice: Trump’s not committed 2 Chicago

Cire -

![](upload://nRcbax4UT5Efyiu3GgZXI4syWZs.jpeg)

Mayor Lightfoot on Shootings: Trump Likes to Use Chicago as a ‘Political Punching Bag’

PAM KEY

14 Jul 20201,131

1:52

Tuesday on MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said President Donald Trump only points out the rising shootings and murders in her city to use as a “political punching bag.”

Mitchell said, “I want to also ask you about the violence this past weekend in Chicago, at least 60 shootings. The president jumped all over this, comparing it to — saying the city is worse than Afghanistan. your reaction as you’re trying to come to grips with all of this?”

Lightfoot said, “Well, look, if you go back over many years, President Trump has said a lot of disparaging things about the city of Chicago. He likes to use us as a political punching bag. But if the president was really committed to helping us deal with our violence, he would do some easy things. One is, he would push for universal background checks. He would push for an assault weapons ban. He would push to make sure that people who were banned from getting on airplanes can’t get guns. This is the kind of thing that federal leadership can do.”

“But as long as we are challenged with having states surrounding us, notably Indiana, that has very lax gun laws, where somebody can drive across the border and literally load up a vehicle with military-grade weapons and bring them back to the city of Chicago, we’re going to continue to be challenged,” she continued. “We’re doing an all-hands-on-deck strategy. We’re really focusing on the root causes of the violence. But fundamentally we have too many illegal guns on our street, and that is a direct result of a failure of federal leadership, which is why we need change in November. And we need the kind of leadership that Joe Biden is going to bring to our country

why do all these large city.ayors never take responsibility and always blame trump or someone else?

1 Like
UltimateKeyboardWarrior - Mayor Beetlejuice had the option of having the Illinois National Guard protect the city from the rioters/looters.

She chose to not use National Guardsmen.

Fuck her.

Wrong. Google it. The National Guard was deployed and used during the looting and riots.

A city needing infrastructure or transportation funding support I can understand...a city not takin ownership of their own neighborhood policy and outcomes is ridiculous. 

Democrat mayor blaming others. Typical liberal politician.

Black mayor, black chief of police… but, but “systemic racism”.

Meanwhile, the culture of deadbeat fathers is ignored.

“It starts at home.” - Denzel Washington

tenchu - Democrat mayor blaming others. Typical liberal politician.

Black mayor, black chief of police… but, but “systemic racism”.

Meanwhile, the culture of deadbeat fathers is ignored.

“It starts at home.” - Denzel Washington

Let’s not forget a two term president from there that did nothing but stoke racial divide while ignoring his own city. 

2 Likes
TexDeuce -

How many people are being killed by "military grade assault weapons" vs regular handguns?

How about addressing the real issues lady. 

That would require accepting their policies have failed for decades. Chicago is a corrupt cesspit of democrat politicians. 

1 Like
Pedro Navaja -
Fighting -
salsero -

Chicago isnt perfect, and I am no lightfoot fan. However,  she’s right about Trump - and others-  using the City as a political punching bag. 

I would imagine that few people chiming in actually live in Chicago and have long-term, recent experience in dealing with this City…or even work in sectors which specifically deal with social problems as a profession.

In fact, it’s amusing that MAGA minds call media “fake” when reports don’t suit their fancy on certain topics, but nevertheless rely the media to inform them on Chicago.

I’ved lived in Chicago since 2002 after having lived in Florida. I’ve worked in “hoods” the majority of that time as a nonprofit leader. I’ve done my part to help address a lot of social problems. I’ve help start and support  initiatives (nonprofits and schools) which have done great work to address problems. I’ve also seen “problems” which can’t be readily addressed without a new paradigm. So while I understand  it is easy to critique Chicago, I also know that much of the critique comes from people who have an opinion skewed by their own interpretation of things or the propaganda of right-wing media.

Chicago  violence has nothing to do with democratic leadership. There are problems with this leadership, but that’s an issue with leadership as a whole as is the case nationwide.

Chicago is a major urban area with long-term systemic shit which contributes to the gun violence. Most of the negativity is localized  to specific neighborhoods where there is high population, high poverty, and high economic inequality. As noted in a 2019 report published by the UN, these are textbook conditions associated with high homicide rates world wide. People who think systemically beyond a MAGA mindset can see what’s going on. It’s not a partisan issue in the slightest.

When the right doesn't agree with a media report it's 'Magaminds calling it fake news?'

Then you go down to calling right-leaning news,' propaganda.'  Yep, you are so much better then the people you chastize.

Then you go on to say the murders and shootings are because they are poorer than other people.  So give the hood more money.  Give the schools, err, wait. Give you more money and this will be solved.  I get it now.

The kids who are poorer in West Virginia and Applilatcia who shoot and murder more then Chicago should get more money too right?  Oh shit, wait a second, they aren't the same cultural cesspool and they don't shoot people despite being poorer.  Sheeesh, seems like your logic is skewed, I wonder why?

Violence is caused by lack of opportunity, education and income inequality.

do you think Chicago has a violence problem primarily because of DeMoCraTs? Or is it because they are black?

Not sure what the point of your post is.

but mayor beetlejuice said the violence is due to Gun friendly states like indiana , making it easier for guns to find their eay to chicago and shoot people?

Nothing about poverty or anything causing these guys to shoot people....he specifically says it is due to gun laws....

1 Like

"He would push for an assault weapons ban. He would push to make sure that people who were banned from getting on airplanes can’t get guns. This is the kind of thing that federal leadership can do.”

^  yeah im sure all those gang bangers were frequent fliers on a travel ban list

Pedro Navaja -
Fighting -
salsero -

Chicago isnt perfect, and I am no lightfoot fan. However,  she’s right about Trump - and others-  using the City as a political punching bag. 

I would imagine that few people chiming in actually live in Chicago and have long-term, recent experience in dealing with this City…or even work in sectors which specifically deal with social problems as a profession.

In fact, it’s amusing that MAGA minds call media “fake” when reports don’t suit their fancy on certain topics, but nevertheless rely the media to inform them on Chicago.

I’ved lived in Chicago since 2002 after having lived in Florida. I’ve worked in “hoods” the majority of that time as a nonprofit leader. I’ve done my part to help address a lot of social problems. I’ve help start and support  initiatives (nonprofits and schools) which have done great work to address problems. I’ve also seen “problems” which can’t be readily addressed without a new paradigm. So while I understand  it is easy to critique Chicago, I also know that much of the critique comes from people who have an opinion skewed by their own interpretation of things or the propaganda of right-wing media.

Chicago  violence has nothing to do with democratic leadership. There are problems with this leadership, but that’s an issue with leadership as a whole as is the case nationwide.

Chicago is a major urban area with long-term systemic shit which contributes to the gun violence. Most of the negativity is localized  to specific neighborhoods where there is high population, high poverty, and high economic inequality. As noted in a 2019 report published by the UN, these are textbook conditions associated with high homicide rates world wide. People who think systemically beyond a MAGA mindset can see what’s going on. It’s not a partisan issue in the slightest.

When the right doesn't agree with a media report it's 'Magaminds calling it fake news?'

Then you go down to calling right-leaning news,' propaganda.'  Yep, you are so much better then the people you chastize.

Then you go on to say the murders and shootings are because they are poorer than other people.  So give the hood more money.  Give the schools, err, wait. Give you more money and this will be solved.  I get it now.

The kids who are poorer in West Virginia and Applilatcia who shoot and murder more then Chicago should get more money too right?  Oh shit, wait a second, they aren't the same cultural cesspool and they don't shoot people despite being poorer.  Sheeesh, seems like your logic is skewed, I wonder why?

do you think Chicago has a violence problem primarily because of DeMoCraTs? Or is it because they are black?

I'll bite but won't retort to your expected blackwashed reply.

Violence is caused by cultures that celebrate violence and don't take responsibility for their own thoughts and actions, which is almost the textbook definition of the left in today's world.

3 Likes

Because if trump asks nicely the bad guys will give up their guns?   She is dumber than she is ugly! 

Pedro Navaja - 
Fighting -
salsero -

Yes, with the root cause bring how children are RAISED - or not raised… with NO FATHERS.

“According to the U.S. Census Bureau, for example, children living WITHOUT FATHERS have a 400 percent increased chance of being poor. Only about one-tenth of children living with both parents are living in poverty. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services also states that DRUG and alcohol abuse is far greater among children living WITHOUT FATHERS.”

Blame Baltimore Violence on a Lack of Fathers in the Home

RAISE your kids.

salsero -

I have been here for over 50 years.  I disagree with most of what you wrote.

Dugs95 -

Because if trump asks nicely the bad guys will give up their guns?   She is dumber than she is ugly! 

Well now.  Let's not be hasty here. 

tenchu -
Pedro Navaja - 
Fighting -
salsero -

Yes, with the root cause bring how children are RAISED - or not raised… with NO FATHERS.

“According to the U.S. Census Bureau, for example, children living WITHOUT FATHERS have a 400 percent increased chance of being poor. Only about one-tenth of children living with both parents are living in poverty. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services also states that DRUG and alcohol abuse is far greater among children living WITHOUT FATHERS.”

RAISE your kids.

from the Black Lives Matter beliefs page

notice how htey mention dismantling a "Western prescribed" (eveil white man creation) 2 family household

they mention "mothers" and "parents", but no mention of "FATHERS"

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure (2 parent household) requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

Fighting -
Pedro Navaja -
Fighting -
salsero -

"Violence is caused by lack of opportunity, education and income inequality. "

Tell that to the millions of kids in Appliatia who are worse off then inner-city kids then.  Why aren't they murdering in droves?  They get far fewer job opportunities, far less money spent on them per capita then inner-city kids.  Yet they aren't murdering shitbags and animals.

How's your reason account for that disparity?

Rural vs Urban

not the same.

Appalachia has higher rates of substance abuse, higher rate of domestic violence as well.

comparing inner city Chicago to one of the MOST rural area in USA isn’t a good comparison buddy.

And still not sure what your trying to say because Appalachia definitely isn’t paradise.

So why do YOU think there is violence in Chicago? If it’s not poverty, what is it?

tenchu -
Pedro Navaja - 
Fighting -
salsero -

RAISE your kids.

Yes, we know fathers make a difference. 

what a genius you are. Solved it all! 

just tel them to be fathers! Thank god you are here

why do you think some fathers leave their kids? What’s the root cause of that?

Pedro Navaja -
Fighting -
Pedro Navaja -
Fighting -
salsero -

"Violence is caused by lack of opportunity, education and income inequality. "

Tell that to the millions of kids in Appliatia who are worse off then inner-city kids then.  Why aren't they murdering in droves?  They get far fewer job opportunities, far less money spent on them per capita then inner-city kids.  Yet they aren't murdering shitbags and animals.

How's your reason account for that disparity?

Rural vs Urban

not the same.

Appalachia has higher rates of substance abuse, higher rate of domestic violence as well.

comparing inner city Chicago to one of the MOST rural area in USA isn’t a good comparison buddy.

And still not sure what your trying to say because Appalachia definitely isn’t paradise.

So why do YOU think there is violence in Chicago? If it’s not poverty, what is it?

The culture that glorifies violence 

1 Like
UltimateKeyboardWarrior -
salsero -

I have been here for over 50 years.  I disagree with most of what you wrote.

How so? People were purposely "quarantined" into certain neighborhoods long ago by design for somewhat nefarious purposes.  Predominantly into the the westside & chunks of the southside with CHA housing. This was about stacking poor black people on top of each other in huge buildings like the Robert Taylor homes, Cabrini Green, Stateway Gardens, Rockwell Gardens, etc,. That turned out to be a HORRIBLE idea. 

The section 8 voucher was then used to shuffle people around to all sorts of areas around the state to try and rectify the CHA disaster. We're in the middle of that process to see if that works. If people do their research, the homicide trends are actually going down in comparison to the 90's.

What's the difference? The internet & the instant news cycle. Everything is magnified a 1000% due to smart phones. Do Black people need to look in the mirror and do more to break the cycle of violence? HELL YES. Are kids born in these areas worse off than in other areas of the city? HELL YES. They're getting almost no guidance growing up. I don't know what the answer is but making fatherhood or big brother mentorship something to brag about there and getting better jobs for people certainly would help. This is also blowback for the horsesh*t policies of the past. 

salsero -

There's absolutely a correlation between Democrat strongholds and hood violence. Chicago hasn't had a Republican mayor since 1931. Gary, Indiana has been in Democrat control for over 40 years. In my region, there are numerous cities (Newark, Paterson, Camden, Irvington) and cities in PA (Erie, York, Reading) that are absolute shitholes where Democrats have had the opportunity to turn things around for 2 generations. They haven't. Why would they? They have a solid voter base chock full of idiots who vote based on party line and color no matter the outcome. 

1 Like
Pedro Navaja -
tenchu -
Pedro Navaja - 
Fighting -
salsero -

RAISE your kids.

Yes, we know fathers make a difference. 

what a genius you are. Solved it all! 

just tel them to be fathers! Thank god you are here

why do you think some fathers leave their kids? What’s the root cause of that?

Black Lives Matter tells their women to "Disrupt the nuclear family structure (2 parent household)" , for starters

1 Like