Mayorga slaps Oscar De La Hoya lol

Oscar by brutal KO.

didn't oscar have alot of endorsements like tiger woods?

Mayorga looked great against Vernon a few years back. It was a style matchup, apparently, but the main factor was that Forrest didn't have the power to put him away.

Oscar does not have power at 154-160, so if the fight's at one of those weights he could be be in for some rough moments. Ricardo swings for the fences every single time...he's predictable but still dangerous.

Mayorga has mad chin and mad marketing ability. Great fight.

damn!

DLH is all class and will smoke him like his beloved "fags"

DeLahoya tires late....this one could get interesting

Some might think De La Hoya is doing the conning by manipulating people to spend money on watching this affair. Mayorga is a dangerous puncher but he's an undisciplined fighter and De La Hoya should be able to shake off enough ring rust to outbox him. In the process, he'll add another $8 million or so to the $200 million he's earned in the ring.

The money's big, but De La Hoya already has plenty of it. He owns businesses, his own promotion company and even a high-rise office building in Los Angeles.

So let me get this straight Mayorga suck on 40 fags a day?

delahoya is the promter, he will clean up

Ibelieve--

You know if that stuff is true with Mayorga about the smoking a pack a day etc., or is it a persona?

oscar to stop mayorga at +165... free money... mayorga will be embarrassed and get "no mas" syndrome after he realizes he has nothing in the tank past the 5th round and can't touch dlh...

Mace - he smokes - more like a cig a day. He is all show.

I just read today De La Hoya has sold $444 million worth of PPV's.

$444 million--Damn!

Thanks--I figured it was much show with him.

I think Oscar schools him as well--first 3-4 rounds will be awkward prolly.

Mayorga's whole schtick is being a tough guy punk. Calling other fighters fags, daring them to hit him in the face, lighting a cig in the ring. The guy's a marketing genius.

I just saw DLH the other night on Conan Obrian. He said if he loses to this guy he's retiring.

"You sure about that number? East LA's Oscar DeLaHoya has definitely made a lot of money but he's only got 30 some odd fights. even if he were paid 10 million per fight, which we know it averages closer to 3 million, he would be no where near $500 million. I'll set the conservative estimate at $100 million. "

Oscar has had 41 fights and since 1996 has never made less than $5 million a fight. On average he makes way more than $10 million a fight, more like $20 million. Against Trinidad he made close to $30 million. For this fight, after PPV he will probably make about $15 to $20 million. So I would say that in purses alone he is probably easily over $300 million. Then you factor in endorsements, his business empire that includes real estate and one of the busiest boxing promotions in the world, and I would say the guy is worth at least half a billion if not more. Oscar is one of the richest athletes of all-time.

i remember reading that oscar and his company golden boy enterprises were part developers of a huge section of the south central la projects, in teh vicinity of $1billion worth of works. or some huge number.

he has definitely caught the magic johnson in terms of business acumen

Any video??

"When he retires at age 35 - he would have made close to 500 million. Not bad for a kid growing up in S. Central."

I thought Dela Hoya is from East LA.