Mayorga to MMA ?!?

http://www.badlefthook.com/2009/9/5/1016631/ricardo-mayorga-going-into-mma

Hmmm... Hoepfully he gets some ground training.

Mayorga is a crazy maniac so I wouldn't put it past him. I mean fighting MMA, ground training I would actually put past him.

He's currently suing Don King.

Well see if this is a negotiating tactic or for real.

It's great that MMA will provide a living to has-been fighters once their boxing careers are over.

clintpac1 - http://www.badlefthook.com/2009/9/5/1016631/ricardo-mayorga-going-into-mma

Hmmm... Hoepfully he gets some ground training.

He needs to get wrestling training first, so he can keep it on the feet, and work on scrambles and how to get up.

He won't be submitting anybody with his ground game, learn wrestling and how to stay in stand-up, and he can deliver some nice KO'es.

If Anderson Silva chose to fight standing up, Mayorga would knock him out, even giving away 10lbs.

What WILL happen (if he does fight MMA) is that he'll get grounded and pounded.

LoiseauElbow - If Anderson Silva chose to fight standing up, Mayorga would knock him out, even giving away 10lbs.

no

fag

Mayorga vs Jose Aldo in WEC!

dumb

he can still box and get easy fights
win, not risk his health
and get better paydays

39 - 
LoiseauElbow - If Anderson Silva chose to fight standing up, Mayorga would knock him out, even giving away 10lbs.

no

fag

Why? Give me an intelligent argument. Mayorga beat some WORLD CLASS BOXERS. Anderson Silva is not a world class boxer.

^ leg kicks, clinch, knees, head kicks

if anderson is stupid enough to box with him then you will be correct.

I think we can all safely assume that if Anderson Silva got put in the cage with a well known boxer, he would attempt to box him.

interesting

Already posted.

Monsters Ball - Who cares. Just another old boxer trying to rekindle the limelight for himself.

You're right but I care. Mayorga has always been a boxer that I enjoy watching. I know he was never the best technically skilled boxer but he plays a lot of mental games and takes chances and has gotten through some pretty tough opposition.

"It's great that MMA will provide a living to has-been fighters once their boxing careers are over."

Hmmm...I agree that Mayorga's not amonst the elite at 154 any longer, but two of the major sanctioning bodies still have him a solid top ten in the world. Put it this way, almost all of the world's boxers are has-been fighters if Mayorga is. Dude could still bust some heads on the boxing scene as long as he's not in there with top 5 talent.

That's true. He's done at the top levels but could probably squeeze out a living fighting dudes on their way up or on their way down.

Deus ex Machida- Cool screen name.