Mayweather made $220 million against Pacquiao

Made more in a 36 minute fight than Tim Duncan made in his entire NBA career.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/13181452/floyd-mayweather-make-least-220-million-fight-manny-pacquiao Phone Post 3.0

Incredible! Phone Post 3.0

He could buy Greece!

That's incredible but sad at the same time because it was fucking terrible Phone Post 3.0

Can't believe how many people got suckered into buying that Phone Post 3.0

I stand by my statement that he will be financially insolvent within 10 years of retirement from boxing as a competitor.

CRE - I stand by my statement that he will be financially insolvent within 10 years of retirement from boxing as a competitor.
Lol that would be more incredible than actually making $250 million in one damn night. He is truly the dumbest person of all time if that happens. Phone Post 3.0

Mercenary Tao - That's incredible but sad at the same time because it was fucking terrible Phone Post 3.0
Even if it was the greatest fight off all time it's still sad. People care so much about whatever is the flavor of the month like Mayweather and they care nothing about real issues. Phone Post 3.0

kyle223 - 
CRE - I stand by my statement that he will be financially insolvent within 10 years of retirement from boxing as a competitor.
Lol that would be more incredible than actually making $250 million in one damn night. He is truly the dumbest person of all time if that happens. Phone Post 3.0

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/2015/04/28/floyd-mayweather-manny-pacquiao/26511359/

Just an exceprt below 

Each of the scholarships is worth $1,000, paltry next to Mayweather's watch collection, a case of 24 handcrafted specimens worth a reported $6.4 million; his luxury car collection that includes three Bugattis, sports cars Mayweather said are worth more than $6 million combined; underwhelming next to a betting slip Mayweather posted online showing he wagered $1.1 million on the Oregon football team to cover the spread spread against Arizona State during the 2012 season.

Oregon won, 43-21, and apparently so did Mayweather, and yet Ellerbe recently found himself brushing aside concerns that that Mayweather could be headed for financial trouble.

"He could retire tomorrow, and he would have nine figures in the bank," Ellerbe said.

FAMILY BUSINESS

Mayweather lives in a 22,000-square pad that features crystal chandeliers hanging from 24-foot ceilings, a two-story movie theater and his self-described "million-dollar garage," where the boxer keeps his three Bugattis and other luxury cars that include the requisite Lamborghini, Porsche and Ferraris.

(He also travels on his private jet, a Gulfstream GIII).

Mayweather spent at least $2 million developing his own record label, Philthy Rich Records, said one-time Mayweather assistant Tasha Robinson-White, and the investment has yet to pay dividends. He also started his promotional company that manages lesser-known fighters and sells merchandise. But clearly, boxing pays the bills.

After retiring in 2007, he returned to the ring in September 2009 -- about the same time the IRS was seeking back taxes. He recently indicated that he is not fighting for the love of the sport.

"I'm to a point where I'm really over this," Mayweather said, adding that he intends to fulfill a six-fight deal with Showtime, with the last bout tentatively set for September. "I don't enjoy it like I once did. It's at a point now where it's a business."

It has become a family business.

Mayweather takes care of those around him, according to some of those around him. His payroll covers his father, Floyd Sr., who is training him for the fight; uncle Roger, a former boxer also involved in the training camp; and no fewer than eight other relatives and longtime friends.

"There's so many of us," said DeJuan Blake, a cousin who manages the 12 other fighters in Mayweather Promotions. "Sisters, cousins, our whole family."

Many of those folks are driving cars bought by Mayweather. Josh (Chop) Towbin of Towbin Dodge near Las Vegas said he has sold Mayweather more than 100 cars over the past 18 years and most of them were purchased as gifts -- like the Bentley the boxer recently gave to his mother for her birthday.

"The important people around him are driving great stuff because of Champ," Towbin said.

Brazil said he appreciates nothing more than when Mayweather took his entire entourage to South Africa last year. Yet after recalling the group's visit to Soweto, Johannesburg and Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela served part of his 27-year sentence, Brazil thought back to Mayweather's Bugatti sports cars.

"Most people can't afford half of one and he has three," Brazil said. "What does that tell you?"

CRE -
kyle223 - 

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/2015/04/28/floyd-mayweather-manny-pacquiao/26511359/

Just an exceprt below 

Each of the scholarships is worth $1,000, paltry next to Mayweather's watch collection, a case of 24 handcrafted specimens worth a reported $6.4 million; his luxury car collection that includes three Bugattis, sports cars Mayweather said are worth more than $6 million combined; underwhelming next to a betting slip Mayweather posted online showing he wagered $1.1 million on the Oregon football team to cover the spread spread against Arizona State during the 2012 season.

Oregon won, 43-21, and apparently so did Mayweather, and yet Ellerbe recently found himself brushing aside concerns that that Mayweather could be headed for financial trouble.

"He could retire tomorrow, and he would have nine figures in the bank," Ellerbe said.

FAMILY BUSINESS

Mayweather lives in a 22,000-square pad that features crystal chandeliers hanging from 24-foot ceilings, a two-story movie theater and his self-described "million-dollar garage," where the boxer keeps his three Bugattis and other luxury cars that include the requisite Lamborghini, Porsche and Ferraris.

Mayweather spent at least $2 million developing his own record label, Philthy Rich Records, said one-time Mayweather assistant Tasha Robinson-White, and the investment has yet to pay dividends. He also started his promotional company that manages lesser-known fighters and sells merchandise. But clearly, boxing pays the bills.

After retiring in 2007, he returned to the ring in September 2009 -- about the same time the IRS was seeking back taxes. He recently indicated that he is not fighting for the love of the sport.

"I'm to a point where I'm really over this," Mayweather said, adding that he intends to fulfill a six-fight deal with Showtime, with the last bout tentatively set for September. "I don't enjoy it like I once did. It's at a point now where it's a business."

Mayweather takes care of those around him, according to some of those around him. His payroll covers his father, Floyd Sr., who is training him for the fight; uncle Roger, a former boxer also involved in the training camp; and no fewer than eight other relatives and longtime friends.

"There's so many of us," said DeJuan Blake, a cousin who manages the 12 other fighters in Mayweather Promotions. "Sisters, cousins, our whole family."

Many of those folks are driving cars bought by Mayweather. Josh (Chop) Towbin of Towbin Dodge near Las Vegas said he has sold Mayweather more than 100 cars over the past 18 years and most of them were purchased as gifts -- like the Bentley the boxer recently gave to his mother for her birthday.

"The important people around him are driving great stuff because of Champ," Towbin said.

Brazil said he appreciates nothing more than when Mayweather took his entire entourage to South Africa last year. Yet after recalling the group's visit to Soweto, Johannesburg and Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela served part of his 27-year sentence, Brazil thought back to Mayweather's Bugatti sports cars.

"Most people can't afford half of one and he has three," Brazil said. "What does that tell you?"

Warning signs Phone Post 3.0

Looney Ronulan Paultard - 
CRE -
kyle223 - 

Just an exceprt below 

FAMILY BUSINESS

Warning signs Phone Post 3.0

Plenty of athletes have gone broke after extremely successful careers.

None of those athletes spent their money faster than Mayweather, but I don't think any of them made it faster either.

We know how this ends.

How many times have we seen this same story? Way too many hanger ons, way too flashy of a life and his only reliable source of income is boxing, which he can't do forever.

What do you think happens first..Floyd's life changes dramatically after retirement or the money dries up?