mayweather or marquez

Love JMM. Still to small for PBF.

Good, low risk fight to hype a showdown with Pacquiao. 

It will mean--minus Pac-Diaz--that Mayweather and Pacquiao will have fought the same three opponents in their last fights.

thefightingsheep - Good, low risk fight to hype a showdown with Pacquiao. 

It will mean--minus Pac-Diaz--that Mayweather and Pacquiao will have fought the same three opponents in their last fights.

...and Pac will have done far better against the common opponents that Money Mayweather.

fight of the decade if it happens...fingers crossed

39 - ...and Pac will have done far better against the common opponents that Money Mayweather.

Right now that's true which is another reason to fight Marquez.  If he can win a clear decision, which I think he can, then he can point to that more decisive victory the same way Pac can point to his earlier stoppage of Hatton.

As much as I respect him, JMM is just too small. He's not a huge puncher in the first place, combine that with PBF's size advantage and defense and JMM shouldnt be much of a threat offensively to PBF.

Awesome fight though isnt it fair to say that Floyd is fighting another guy coming up in weight to fight him?

Anyhow, we all want to see the super fight in Pac vs Mayweather but I suppose if JMM wins, he'll get his 3rd match with Pac?

c21groundnpound - Marquez is a litlle small but he wont charge Flyod and leave himself open ala Hatton...Floyd is a strong puncher but not a ko artist...either way I hate to say it but I think Flyod by spilt decision.. and then I say Floyd ko's Paquiao..

I know what you're saying bro....his mouth makes me hate him sometimes, but that mother fuck is talent personified.

Hes better than even he think she is, and that is scary!

JMM. Even if he loses, he'll give Floyd all he can handle.

Wasa-B - Awesome fight though isnt it fair to say that Floyd is fighting another guy coming up in weight to fight him?

You could say this if he fought Pacquaio too. Doesn't stop us from wanting to see that one, does it?

39 -

...and Pac will have done far better against the common opponents that Money Mayweather.

True... unless Floyd actually beats Marquez.

It's also important to note that Mayweather gave Hatton his first L and also fought Oscar under conditions much more favorable to Oscar than the dehydrated  Oscar who dropped below 147 to fight Pacman.

Mayweather will return to his best in the world form on July 18th after the layoff. I honestly believe Marquez is the most skilled boxer that he will have faced to date but I think Mayweather will be too much for him with his outstanding defense, quickness, precise skill and masterful footwork.