Mayweather Promotions CEO Pushing for "Money Fight" Rematch with McGregor

https://www.mmanews.com/news/mayweather-promotions-ceo-brands-fight-with-conor-mcgregor-best-event-would-love-a-rematch

Leonard Ellerbe recently revealed his interest in a potential Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor rematch.

Ellerbe, Floyd Mayweather’s business partner and CEO of Mayweather Promotions, was among the lucky collective to make a fortune from the original bout. Back in August 2017, ‘Money’ got the better of ‘The Notorious’ via TKO in round 10.

The blockbuster fight saw McGregor earn $130 million, while Mayweather secured an eyebrow-raising $280 million. The lucrative showdown also marked 'Money’s last performance in professional boxing. The 50-0 superstar has since focused on exhibition bouts, including showdowns with YouTubers Logan Paul and Deji.

'I’ve Got Nothing But Love For Conor McGregor & The UFC" - Leonard Ellerbe Keen To See McGregor/Mayweather II

During a recent interview on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani, Ellerbe revealed that he considers the original McGregor vs. Mayweather event the best he’s ever worked on.

“I would love it [a rematch]. I’ve got nothing but love for the UFC and Conor McGregor,” Ellerbe said. "You know, I’m a big fan of all their work, and that was actually the best event that I’ve ever been a part of. It was a lot of fun.”
Ellerbe is currently working on the upcoming blockbuster showdown between Ryan Garcia and Gervonta Davis. ‘Tank’, the WBA (Regular) Lightweight Champion, is currently being represented by Mayweather Promotions. The long-awaited catchweight bout could see both men put their respective purses on the line in a winner-takes-all stipulation.

Should such a gamble get greenlit, the loser of the fight could go home without a payday for his efforts. More recently, former UFC featherweight and lightweight champion Conor McGregor rubbished the idea, citing the importance of making money off the fight game before the body breaks down.

1 Like

I can’t even imagine how much lower the demand for this fight would be compared to the original.

Like 5 people might actually pay $100 this time, assuming they wouldn’t try and raise it…in which case maybe 2 people buy it when it’s $150 :rofl:

https://media.tenor.com/hYiyFMeg8SoAAAAC/russell-westbrook-yawn.gif

1 Like

1 Like

Lol