Mayweather says mma/boxing gloves are same

Floyd thinks there's no real big difference in the size of mma and boxing gloves “He’s a very, very tough competitor and he has a will to win. Also, the UFC gloves are no different to boxing gloves, they just a little bit smaller. But if a guy got power, he got power and Conor McGregor got power.”

Lol 

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Lmaoooo

Then he won't mind if they use 4 ounce gloves.  

He's wrong but I think he was saying it in regards to Conor maintaining power . At least that's what that quote seems like to me.

lol lets see him defend using 4oz. I know floyd will box Connor up no matter the gloves but if he thinks its the same between the two, he's kiddung himself.

I'd love to see him try and parry a punch in mma gloves lol.

Oh dear..........

Over the knuckles the 4oz isn't so different from 10 oz. The back of the hand is very different though, MMA gloves don't help with defence much.

Floyd wants this fight.

Floyd is getting ready to fight him in the UFC.

Taxman cometh

do people forget? they're nearly identical in impact.. i thought this silly myth was put to bed years ago. the only difference is a lot more with NO gloves, but boxing/mma gloves hit the same.

not to mention people seem to forget the gloves don't protect the guy getting hit nearly as much as the guy's hand that's doing the hitting

So in a boxing match, Floyd is 100% right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCuYluBB1p0

Mustard Tiger -

Floyd wants this fight.

Floyd needs this fight. he pisses away 70m per year, and even his uncle said he's just about broke.

Humphrey -

do people forget? they're nearly identical in impact.. i thought this silly myth was put to bed years ago. the only difference is a lot more with NO gloves, but boxing/mma gloves hit the same.

not to mention people seem to forget the gloves don't protect the guy getting hit nearly as much as the guy's hand that's doing the hitting

Bigger gloves are better for hiding behind. That test was for impact only. Didn't test for cuts or for the speed of the punches.  

Gloves are for protecting hands mainly, but he's wrong - there's a huge difference when it comes to defense.

If they were to actually use them for this bout, Floyd would be in for a rude awakening like Overreem was - having pillows on your hands improves your defense if you use covering, but old habits die hard and when you try to cover without pillows, surprise, surprise - shit sneaks in.

Floyd is perhaps one of the most defensive fighters in modern history, so it'd be a mistake to think then that there is no difference.

Really trying to set up that Conor fight. He will break Marciano's record with a legendary win over Conor McGregor, lol.

Humphrey -

You sir are retarded. And also have never seen Floyd fight apparently , cause if you did, you'd know that smaller gloves  change the entire fight. Have you seen your baseball warren?

CRE - Floyd is getting ready to fight him in the UFC.

Taxman cometh

I would be a million times more stoked for this if it was an mma fight. Them boxing is pretty meh.

He and is camp would never allow smaller gloves. They would set it up to leave nothing in Connor's favor. Boxing rules only 100%.