Mayweather to pay 300k per pound... must be nice!

SinCityHustler - 
ButtPirate101 -  He has to pay 300k per pound for the two pounds he was over.

IMO
What a fu**ing idoit. Just another reason why he is a joke, and wont ever go to MMA. Cuz hes a bitch that runs his mouth to much. PBF vs Mike Brown or BJ  Penn. 
As I understand it, the agreed upon weight was 147, with Floyd needing to pay $300k for every pound over 144.  So he's 2 over that weight and he pays $600k.  Where's the problem?  The fight will go on as scheduled, Floyd avoids putting his body through the ringer to get any lower in weight, and he enjoys a huge advantage as a result, (advantage in not having to drain himself physically and mentally, in order ot save $300 k per pound.  Sounds like pretty smart business to me.  What exactly is the issue that everyone is having with this?

You answered your own question. Marquez is already coming up in weight to fight him, they agree on a weight, he doesn't make it. Which gives him an even bigger advantage. Were you serious?

CRE - 
AmericanPsychoMMA -  chump change for Money

merely 1/10th what he owes the IRS

1/20th imo

SinCityHustler - 

IMO
What a fu**ing idoit. Just another reason why he is a joke, and wont ever go to MMA. Cuz hes a bitch that runs his mouth to much. PBF vs Mike Brown or BJ  Penn. 
As I understand it, the agreed upon weight was 147, with Floyd needing to pay $300k for every pound over 144.  So he's 2 over that weight and he pays $600k.  Where's the problem?  The fight will go on as scheduled, Floyd avoids putting his body through the ringer to get any lower in weight, and he enjoys a huge advantage as a result, (advantage in not having to drain himself physically and mentally, in order ot save $300 k per pound.  Sounds like pretty smart business to me.  What exactly is the issue that everyone is having with this?

Because it's basically Floyd paying Marquez to lose. Everyone knows the only chance marquez could ever have is if floyd really drains himself to get down to a lower weight. Floyd is basically buying him off for a few hundred g's to cement his win.

It'd be like if the yankees paid the red sox to only use right handed pitchers knowing they could hit them. Technically the game is still decided on the field, what's the problem? It's a BIG problem. Sports should NEVER be about PAYING for a competitive advantage.

the fact that PBF can pay 600k for 2 lbs should be enough to let you know that in his world "MMA" is like child's play and child's pay.

PBF makes a king's ransom, for fighting a king's fight.

^^^ The sport of Kings

ShaqNoob - 
SinCityHustler - 

IMO

You answered your own question. Marquez is already coming up in weight to fight him, they agree on a weight, he doesn't make it. Which gives him an even bigger advantage. Were you serious?
My question is what problem is everyone having with Mayweathers decision to take the option of paying for the extra two pounds, as agreed

The argument I see raised here, is ethical and sportsmanship, but Mayweather is paying $600k in order to be able to capitalize on their agreement.  Wrecker called it an insurance policy and I agree completely.  So is the problem ethics and sportsmanship?  That doesn't seem to hold water as this option was specifically agreed upon by both fighters.  

DannyOcean - 
SinCityHustler - 

IMO

Because it's basically Floyd paying Marquez to lose. Everyone knows the only chance marquez could ever have is if floyd really drains himself to get down to a lower weight. Floyd is basically buying him off for a few hundred g's to cement his win.

It'd be like if the yankees paid the red sox to only use right handed pitchers knowing they could hit them. Technically the game is still decided on the field, what's the problem? It's a BIG problem. Sports should NEVER be about PAYING for a competitive advantage.
If this is about purity and the integrity of the sport, shouldn't the guilt fall on JMM side of things, being that they are the ones offering pounds in exchange for money?  Floyd is perfectly comfortable coming in at the welterweight limit of 147 lbs. It's the Marquez camp that wants him at 144 lbs, but will sell him back a couple of pounds in exchange for money.  Again, how is this on Mayweather?

lol @ you clowns who know nothing about boxing.

mayweather has never had to cut weight (except for his short stint at 130) in his fucking life.

he came in at 140 lbs against gatti's 160. at 147, he came in at 145 when hatton came in at 157. shut your pieholes stupid fuckers.