Mayweather took the easier option

Mayweather schools Maidana easily.

He beats Khan as well but Khan's speed would give him trouble. Certainly more than he will receive from Maidana.

In fact with the right game plan I think Khan could give Mayweather a decent fight.

What say you?

I won't be buying this PPV.

Maidana is the tougher opponent at this point. Khan was getting rocked badly by Julio Diaz in his last fight.

Neither guy is really much of a threat to Floyd though. No one at 147 is, outside of maybe Pacquiao.

maidana at this stage of his career would run through khan and is coming off a dominant win over a top ten lb for lb guy in broner. he's the best available option. khan brings nothing to the dance but a huge following, but skill wise he's faded

Khan brings speed.

That is about the only thing that can potentially give Mayweather problems.

Technofiend - Khan brings speed.

What has khan done recently to get a fight with mayweather? Phone Post 3.0

Maidana is more deserving but stylewise he's a perfect fit for Floyd and no different than everyone else he's handpicked for years. Slow footed, porus defense, not very busy offensively. When's the last time fought anyone with any footspeed or handspeed? Zab Judah? 7 years ago maybe? Phone Post 3.0

martinburke - "When's the last time fought anyone with any footspeed or handspeed? Zab Judah? 7 years ago maybe?"

I'm glad somebody else noticed that.

Been noticing this and pointing it out for awhile lol. Glad to have someone as knowledgeable as you back me up though.

the defense to that was can you name any guys with handspeed that would be more dangerous to him than cotto or canelo? there's a reason why manny would only give cotto a rematch if he drained down to 145. full strength cotto is a very good fighter, canelo is a very good fighter. outside of manny those were the two best guys out there and he went in and whipped them both

Cash coww -

Made Maidana look like an amateur when they fought Phone Post 3.0

I'm a massive mayweather fan but I'm not that interested in the maidana fight.
Alexandra beat maidana comfortably
What you think mayweather will do.

As for khan, yeah he has speed but mayweather would figure out how to beat him within 3/4 rounds.
Plus khan has not fought anyone with the speed and accuracy of mayweather.
How many straight rights do you think floyd would land on him.

The fight everyone wanted/needed to see should have happened 5 years ago with Pac.
Both fighters are equally to blame.

I want floyd to fight Bradley and Thurman. Phone Post 3.0

pharochuck - the defense to that was can you name any guys with handspeed that would be more dangerous to him than cotto or canelo?

I doubt people would be able to name any. There aren't many fighters that fit that description at 140, 147, or 154. Maybe Erislandy Lara if he beats Canelo in July.

Wanting him to fight someone with foot and handspeed is essentially code for wanting him to fight Pacquiao.

I remember a few years ago, one Sergio Martinez saying (in the ring) he'd cut weight and fight Floyd for 20%. He didn't respond to that offer either. There was a doable fight that would've appeased even his harshest critics. And, it didn't involve Pacquiao. Phone Post 3.0

bricht07 -
Cash coww -

Well i wouldnt say he made him look like an amatuer he barley won..and the only thing that saved him was the ropes..but since then maidana has gone on to beat top level fighters and khan has lost two fights. Phone Post 3.0

Does anyone give Maidana a puncher's chance, provided he gets in shape.?

judomf - Does anyone give Maidana a puncher's chance, provided he gets in shape.?
If the ref did his job and kept mayweather's forearm out of his throat than I'd say absolutely. He won't though. Phone Post 3.0

Then^^ Phone Post 3.0

If mayweather wasn't so protective of his undefeated record he'd have had a much better legacy Phone Post 3.0

Maidana is quiet and humble and deserving of the fight. He earned it.

I expect to see a blue collar performance from him where he grinds away for all 12 rounds, throwing clubbing shots at arms and hips if he has to.

Cash coww -
bricht07 -
Cash coww -

Well i wouldnt say he made him look like an amatuer he barley won..and the only thing that saved him was the ropes..but since then maidana has gone on to beat top level fighters and khan has lost two fights. Phone Post 3.0
I'd say he did make him look amateur! Maidana had no answer to Amir's speed Phone Post 3.0