Mayweather's purse vs Maidana, minimum $32 million

Mayweather will earn a minimum guaranteed purse of $32 million for his welterweight unification fight with Marcos Maidana of Argentina on Saturday night (Showtime PPV, 9 ET) at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, according to contract figures released on Wednesday by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

In 2013, Mayweather fought twice -- both dominant decision wins -- earning $73.5 million in minimum purses, $32 million against Robert Guerrero in May and $41.5 million against Canelo Alvarez in September.

Mayweather's take likely was much greater in 2013 -- some estimate more than $90 million -- because he controlled virtually all of the profit from the events beyond his purse guarantee, and the Alvarez bout set the all-time boxing revenue record for domestic pay-per-view ($150 million) and live gate (just over $20 million).

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/10863691/floyd-mayweather-earn-least-32-million-saturday-fight

I c no problem. Mayweather brings the buys, not the other dude. Phone Post 3.0

not sure how this got posted to the OG. can a mod please move to the UG

Saltynutz - Haha, Money is the MAN.

Let the hate commence!!!

PS Money to SCHOOL Maidana. Gonna whoop day ASS and make it look easy.
This Phone Post 3.0

Still running away from Manny.

ttt mods please move to the ug

"Boxing is dead"...at least I've read that for about 10-12 years on the UG.

I would only care if he was fighting Manny or actually had exciting fights

ttt

boxing at the top levels isn't dead but when you have a HW championship fight, featuring the consensus best HW in the world, on ESPN or whatever the Klitcho fight was on there is a problem

rrg1 - "Boxing is dead"...at least I've read that for about 10-12 years on the UG.

Only people who say that are the ones like you who bring it up to say "but I thought boxing was dead?"

surf2live - boxing at the top levels isn't dead but when you have a HW championship fight, featuring the consensus best HW in the world, on ESPN or whatever the Klitcho fight was on there is a problem
How is that a problem? Klitschko doesn't fight in America so the time difference is an issue. HBO picked up his fight before that, showed it live and 9pm tape delay. It was a fucking stinker and still got over 600K viewers on the delay. Boxing at 5pm live on a Saturday on ESPN......a channel 97,736,000 homes receive is far from a problem. Phone Post 3.0

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

Personally I find his fights very boring and I am sure I am not alone in this. So to me it is very impressive that he can make that much money off of a single fight and sell that many PPV's with his style. He should be teaching a masters class in marketing because of this.

That's more than the millionaires UFC has made combined. ;-)

I remember when Dana boasted about making 40 millionaires or so. It turned out to be a lie for most.

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
surf2live - boxing at the top levels isn't dead but when you have a HW championship fight, featuring the consensus best HW in the world, on ESPN or whatever the Klitcho fight was on there is a problem
How is that a problem? Klitschko doesn't fight in America so the time difference is an issue. HBO picked up his fight before that, showed it live and 9pm tape delay. It was a fucking stinker and still got over 600K viewers on the delay. Boxing at 5pm live on a Saturday on ESPN......a channel 97,736,000 homes receive is far from a problem. Phone Post 3.0

and routinely does40-50 thousand in the crowd