@ Mazda dealership. Need advice

Looking at the 2014 Mazda 3 grand touring package

24890 total msrp

How much wiggle room do they have? Of course they say very little. Phone Post 3.0

ttt Phone Post 3.0

leave and use truecar.com to negotiate the deal

Start low as fuck and work your way up. You may have to leave and negotiate over a few days if you want to get down to bottom dollar. Phone Post 3.0

You MUST walk out. It's ok they will call you back. Close your deal as close to the em of the month as possible. Phone Post 3.0

Leave and dont buy a mazda Phone Post 3.0

Tell them to show you the CarFax Phone Post

You know the model and spec you want, get the lowest out the door quote then go home. Email the internet sales person for other Mazda dealers and get their lowest out the door price. Play the dealers against each other.

Trucar.com will give you the comparable prices in the area. Phone Post 3.0

superpenguin76 - You know the model and spec you want, get the lowest out the door quote then go home. Email the internet sales person for other Mazda dealers and get their lowest out the door price. Play the dealers against each other.
Yes, this.

Do not buy today and do not finance with any scummy dealership finance dept EVER Phone Post 3.0

T Phone Post 3.0

1chaino - You MUST walk out. It's ok they will call you back. Close your deal as close to the em of the month as possible. Phone Post 3.0

This. But do NOT deal with just one dealership. Go to www.fightingchance.com. Foolproof method of getting the lowest possible price given the time of year and the location.

". . .and do not finance with any scummy dealership finance dept EVER"

The days of scummy new car dealership financing are largely over, IMO. I'd be much more wary of used car dealer's financing. Major manufacturers have their own banks or finance services that are pretty regulated and above board. Of course you need to read ALL the fine print and ask questions to make sure, but sometimes you MAY get a better deal overall by financing a new car with the dealer, depending on the model.

Credit unions typically give lower rates in our area. ^^^^ the finance guys will try to sell you more BS than you need in my husband's experience (worked at a dealership, not in sales though) Phone Post 3.0

Oh crap, forgot he was buying new! I stand corrected lol Phone Post 3.0

mjeezy - Credit unions typically give lower rates in our area. ^^^^ the finance guys will try to sell you more BS than you need in my husband's experience (worked at a dealership, not in sales though) Phone Post 3.0

Yes, IMO credit unions are the way to go since they usually have less overhead, thus lower rates. As for the finance guys, all you have to do is tell them no to the extra shit.

Car dealership finance guys are usually such scumbags.

What do you make? What's your credit like? What do you want your payment to be?

Listen up shitdick, I need 2 know 2 numbers, how much will you sell me this car for, and how much will you give me for my trade. We'll work all this other shit out after that...

Ok , we left.
They said our credit was 814.

I wanted 0 down. I know it's all a numbers game. What pissed me off was he could adjust my payment , but never lowered the price of the car, playing with MY rate??

As we left he said 500 down and he would give us payments 360 for 75 months , which he said would save us 1000, then again I didn't see the price come down at all.

After they ran some numbers the first time I used a finance app that figured us at 4% based on the numbers he gave me. Later he say 2.7%.

Thanks guys gonna check out all the options posted.

Btw we went to the Mazda place after reading the best car under 25k thread. Seemed like every 5 the post was for a Mazda 3 Phone Post 3.0

Leave dealer RIGHT NOW.

Then go home and e-mail every Mazda dealer within 50 miles (or what you consider acceptable) with the exact car you want (color, features, etc.) and ask for their best price. Let them know you are asking 10-20 other dealers as well so they try to be competitive.

Start from there once you get offers.

albinorhino - Ok , we left.
They said our credit was 814.

I wanted 0 down. I know it's all a numbers game. What pissed me off was he could adjust my payment , but never lowered the price of the car, playing with MY rate??

As we left he said 500 down and he would give us payments 360 for 75 months , which he said would save us 1000, then again I didn't see the price come down at all.

After they ran some numbers the first time I used a finance app that figured us at 4% based on the numbers he gave me. Later he say 2.7%.

Thanks guys gonna check out all the options posted.

Btw we went to the Mazda place after reading the best car under 25k thread. Seemed like every 5 the post was for a Mazda 3 Phone Post 3.0

My advice is get to a Subaru dealership Phone Post 3.0