McCall: No one gives a sh*t about the flyweights

I like watching demetrious dude is crazy skilled and his last few fights have been awesome.

With that said outside of him, benavidez, creepy, and dodson there really isn't a whole lot.

Problem is demetrious has cleared out the division and the only intriguing matchups are re matches. I can't wait to see creepy fight him again. It will be amazing. Phone Post 3.0

Non N00B - "The women get a lot more exposure than we do, and let's be honest, we're twice the fighters they are"

OH SHIT Creepy bringing the truth bomb and detonating that motherfucker!
The women finish fights. Always been a creepy fan. But most people dont want to see 125ers go 5 rounds. DJ finishes fights, so i dont see how he isnt marketable. Ian is marketable. I remember seeing Ian vs DJ being heavily promoted. Phone Post 3.0

Stephen Holder - 

There was a time when people didnt really give a fuck about anything below welter too. Someone has to come along and make people give a fuck. It will happen and everyone will just act like they were fans all along.

good point, seems like a lot of fans have warmed up to 145 lately.. just think back to aldo vs lamas, there wasn't much going on there. lots to look forward to now - aldo & mendes' next match ups because of their recent showing (similar to jones/gus aftermath), conor & bermudez's rise, and edgar/swanson has title implications

same thing with bantamweight now, point is - there's not much happening in the flyweight division.. gonna take some time

The smaller guys bring tremendous technique, speed, and finesse into the cage. As a fan of Martial arts, I enjoy watching the lighter weight classes. Phone Post 3.0

You would think MM would have a lot more fans from being sponsored by Xbox and all.

Uncle creepy has more of the intangibles, exciting fighter, personality.

With MM, something missing. Not a guy fans are drawn to.

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - They need to do like WWE does. Get a tiny ref in there so the guys look huge. Seriously, put a 90lb ref in the ring, get em in a smaller cage, and call them MW's.
Like Keith Peterson? So odd when it's Tan Dan with the flys. Phone Post 3.0

It's really not as much to do with the size as it is a reason to watch. That division needs someone to create some interest and build some buzz. Just being a talented fighter like DJ isn't enough these days; every division is filled with talent. Talk shit, build a grudge match, make people want to tune in. Nothing sells better than when people think two people really don't like each other and are going out there to beat the shit of one another. Fans get excited when they have a dog in the fight.

The humble fighter just doesn't work for most guys these days. Being nice and respectful is a great show of sportsmanship and that's all good, but if you want people to care about you make them love you or hate you. You want a title shot? Rip into Mighty Mouse and give the media some soundbytes. Right now his biggest problem is indifference. Win or lose, I don't think most people really care.

MillhouseMMA - 

You would think MM would have a lot more fans from being sponsored by Xbox and all.

Other than a logo on his shorts, I would have no idea he's even sponsored by them. They're not exactly promoting him from what I've seen.

Somewhat agree.

I also kind of feel like they've never developed any names either.

Like BW had faber and Cruz, both were on TUF, Cruz brought his title from the big WEC card.

I think Casual fans are more interested in big guys, or seeing guys just bite down and throw bombs.

Outside of the depth not quite being there, there are a bunch of FLW I feel are must sees, such as MM, creepy, Benavidez, Dodson, and Lineker.

Where are all the guys that have been doing nothing but shitting on the lighter weights?

This happens every time there is a debate. Everyone has their superior opinion and then a pro fighter like Ian comes and sheds light on it, and they all pretend like they agreed with it all along.

You hypocritical fucks. Phone Post 3.0

44 Magnum - Uncle creepy has more of the intangibles, exciting fighter, personality.

With MM, something missing. Not a guy fans are drawn to.
What does he need to have? He's an exciting fighter who is constantly getting better and finishes fights. He's the most active champ on the roster and has beaten most of the legit guys in his division.

What more do you want? You want him to be a talk show host or something? Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_UncleCreepy -
mr1709 - mighty mouse is the problem. I havent even watched his last 2-3 fights.

Meanwhile a guy like dodson i love watching

which is exactly why i am going to take his belt after this fight
Please do. Mighty mouse i wont watch at all. Phone Post 3.0

"Maybe people really just don't care about seeing small half-sized people fight."

Sadly this is true for many folks. Fuck those folks though, they don't know what they're missing.

i admit i dont care much about the flyweights...i might watch the championship matches but usually dont care much who wins...beyond that though, i couldnt care less..

I cant say that im a huge fan of the lower weight classes but if theyre on whatever card im watcing I still watch.

I appreciate their cardio and how they can go full bore for 3-5 rounds without gassing.

Last 125 fight I watched was creepy vs mccall and I enjoyed it. Phone Post 3.0

I agree with him According to govt stats, the average man is 5'9 inches in the states, That's not short. it's certainly not tall. but  as much as I love the sport, I just dont like watching dudes under shorter and lighter than my girlfren fight. Hard to relate to a dude that's  5'4' can't help how I feel -I have no interest in watching

*meant creepy vs pickett Phone Post 3.0

I like creepy. Good fighter & a great personality. So its not just small person-ism. I think it comes down to personality more then anything.

Blazing Knees - 

I agree with him According to govt stats, the average man is 5'9 inches in the states, That's not short. it's certainly not tall. but  as much as I love the sport, I just dont like watching dudes under shorter and lighter than my girlfren fight. Hard to relate to a dude that's  5'4' can't help how I feel -I have no interest in watching

i was 152 lbs 4 hours after weigh ins for the second demetrius fight

pics of gf or gtfo you know the rules ;)