McCarthy vs. Riggs

Record is 6-2 with my last win coming over a great fighter in keith rockel.

TTT for Charles in the UFC!

TTT.... Charles, you have consistently fought exciting fights and IMO deserve a shot in the UFC. Let's make it happen!

All six wins via submission. Charles is an animal.

regardless if its against riggs or someone else, i think he deserves a shot at the show

Big John McCarthy by ref stoppage.

" Charles, care to let a fatty in on how this happened? I am seriously considering making a drastic change, lemme know if a have any hints..."

There really are no secret tricks. It's all about controlling the diet and exercising. The trick is the dedication and the determination, something Charles has plenty of.

TTT for Chainsaw in the big show!!!!

Peace-
Cam

Charles I'm that black dude you fight in that tournament. LOL. I've lost a ton of weight myself. Dude I have those pics of us as well. I also have so pics of fighting. If you would like those pics as well please let me know. It's good to know that you are doing good. My name is Eric.

Charles,

You're a sexy bitch.

TTT!

I thought Riggs would get on this thread and say set this at 51. Hopefully this will get signed for the next UFC. This has fireworks all over it.

charles would submit riggs in the first round.

-

I think Charles would submit Riggs as well.

All I have to say is LEGLOCK

PassnSmash: Man thats awesome! I'm stoked that you kept up in the game. I would love to see those pics hit me up at charles@charlesm.com . How has your training been? If you ever want to come down to FFA for some training let me know.

As for the matchup... This is basically it:

Neither Riggs or myself ever fight for decisions and the chance of this fight going to one is highly unlikely. Unlike many sub guys I like to throw and so does Joe. Joe has more power in his hands than anyone at 185 and has the potention to put anyone to sleep in a heartbeat. I think I have more explosive sub's than most anyone at 185. I think actual strength wise we would be similar. Joe definately gets the experience factor and I would be the underdog for sure.

The more I think of it the more excited I get :). Would be an awesome fight for the fans and for sure one of us would get finished.

Musashi: sigh who would you imagine at 185 has more explosive subs? There are many great sub guys at my weight but if you watch both my fights and my grappling matches at high levels I almost always finish via sub. I think I have gone to judges 3 times in grappling ever. If there are guys at 185 with more explosive subs than they are few and far between and anyone who has ever seen me fight will agree. I am sure if you heard Joe Riggs had the most explosive GnP at 185 a few months ago you would have "sigh"'d also.

While all of you have points let me respond to musashi:

1) I dont turn down fights. I have been trying to get fights against top fighters for the last year. I accepted a fight against horn which wound up going to someone else. I tried to get Dave Menne for my next fight which couldnt happen because of money. My list of opponents is not my fault. Blame promoters for that. I have actively been seeking shots against great fighters.

Really there is not much more I can say. Lets set it up.

Am I cocky? I am confident in my abilities. My grappling is proven at high levels. I am ready for the next level in nhb and unfortunately in this sport you have to be given an oppertunity to prove yourself. I have been actively seeking this oppertunity but unless I have a bunch of money to put on my own show, I only get to fight the guys that promoters set me up with.

I do very much feel that my ground skills are comparable to those you listed above.

And thanks for your congrats no matter how backhanded it was.

Musashi, since you want to be technical about numbers... Charles has beaten two fighters with winning records. Wesley Bockert had a winning record of 2-1 before facing Charles. So I guess against fighters with winning records, he hasn't lost twice as many fights as he has won... hahaha

LOL at you thinking he was 1-2 versus fighters with winning records and instead of saying that he has lost one match more than won, you say double, like if there was a huge difference in his loss/win ratio.

You, my friend, are a hater. I guess Charles submitted or beat up a teammate of yours or something. Maybe he banged your girlfriend. Whatever the case may be, feel free to chug on this:

Also let me add to the numbers game..

Out of his last 9 fights Joe riggs has only fought 3 guys with a winning record and has not only lost to one of them but was finished. You would have to be insaine to say that because of that Joe Riggs isnt among the top 185'ers in the world. Not to mention the fight he did win in the UFC was against another guy who has no UFC wins to date. It is easy to play numbers in MMA but unless you actually have seen someone fight it isnt a safe game to play.