mcdonalds has some balls

coming-to-america-em18

BI - A help site for McDonald’s employees reportedly suggests they return holiday gifts to get out of debt. “You may want to also consider returning some of your unopened purchases that may not seem as appealing as they did,” the McResource site reads, according to screengrabs that were posted on the website of “Low Pay Is Not OK,” a group that advocates for higher fast food wages. “Selling some of your unwanted possessions on eBay or Craigslist could bring in some quick cash,” the McResource presentation reportedly said. Low Pay Is Not OK also criticizes McDonald’s for saying “breaking food into smaller pieces often results in eating less and still feeling full” and suggesting that employees, most of whom are on hourly wage schedules, try to take at least two vacations per year. Another tip from McResource supposedly tells employees to “Stop complaining. Stress hormones rise by 15% after 10 minutes of complaining.”

so sad, their worth so much, and greed has siezed them.

Good, maybe now the cashier with 5 kids will return the Xbox One she just bought instead of paying her rent.

Good to see that big corporations still care.

TFK_Matt - Good, maybe now the cashier with 5 kids will return the Xbox One she just bought instead of paying her rent.

That's a great point.  I would like to point out that at this time of year, there are parents that will put off certain bills with the intent of giving their kids a decent christmas.  My wife has a friend that does this every year and then catches up at tax time.  I've made a drunken point to her that a roof over her daughter's head should be more important than Monster High dolls or whatever the hot commodity is, but she shrugs it off with "I catch up at tax time, in February."

Poor people sadly often make poor financial decisions: smokes, lottery, buying single rolls of tp, etc Phone Post 3.0

MMAdotCOM - that's not a long term fix. it might bring in some money for a month but what about the other 11 months?

wal-mart pays very little also (and profits like 15 billion a year) but costco pays well and still profits nicely. they can still be profitable and treat their employees well.

costco also puts bibles in the fiction section. another point for costco!

They should just get public assistance so that we pay for their presents and their employers profit more. Phone Post 3.0

Lux Fixxins - 
MMAdotCOM - that's not a long term fix. it might bring in some money for a month but what about the other 11 months?

wal-mart pays very little also (and profits like 15 billion a year) but costco pays well and still profits nicely. they can still be profitable and treat their employees well.
Costco employees are also worth more than Walmart Employees. Phone Post 3.0

how so? cashier is a cashier no?

Costco also employs half as many people per SF. Imagine the outrage if Walmart cut its workforce in half.

Pura Vida - Costco also employs half as many people per SF. Imagine the outrage if Walmart cut its workforce in half.

I'm suprised that some of the unions that represent employees at Meijer & Kroger haven't sent an older semi-retired union guy (or guy that works at their hall) into Wal-Mart, get him a job as a door greeter or cashier, and was being payrolled by the union to recruit.  I know this tactic goes on in the construction field.  They send an electrician (or insert trade), who will be laid off for a while, to a big non-union contractor, cause a ruckus about benefits and wages, and recruit the contractor into the union.

MMAdotCOM - that's not a long term fix. it might bring in some money for a month but what about the other 11 months?

I think the point to take away from this is that not every employer in the country is obligated to pay a wage upon which a family can survive. If you don't like what the employer is paying you for your minimally skilled position, then go out and make yourself worth more to an employer rather than whine about not making enough (while likely still making poor financial decisions like buying cigarettes and alcohol).

McDonalds is the same company that gave their employee financial planning tips in a presentation that showed them going to a second job.

lol at this bullshit "its poor peoples fault". No, if you work fulltime anywhere, you should get a wage a decent person can live off. Not every poor person wastes their money on xboxs/tv/etc. Some do struggle,its bullshit to say every oor person buys booze, tvs, cigerettes,etc.

steve85uk - lol at this bullshit "its poor peoples fault". No, if you work fulltime anywhere, you should get a wage a decent person can live off. Not every poor person wastes their money on xboxs/tv/etc. Some do struggle,its bullshit to say every oor person buys booze, tvs, cigerettes,etc.

Why? At that point, what's the benefit to doing anything more than the bare minimum? If I can live off of a career dumping salt on french fries, why would I ever put myself through the trouble of going to school for a career that I might actually have to think about while I'm at home?

I'm sorry to say that your idea just doesn't work. If people can get by with less work, they will. Self-motivation is a crock. If you are working at a job that a 15 year old can perform competently, you should not expect that job to support you at 40.

^this. 

You could say that they have some nuggets, OP.

And Matt is correct IMO.

huh?

It is possible to live comfortably off minimum wage. It's obviously not luxurious, but you can pay rent and have food on your table and have money for enterainment living off minimum wage.

People are fucking stupid with their money.

Dirty Dick Slater - How about not working at McDonalds if you are not a teenager
slowclapgif Phone Post 3.0