McG gets paid to promote, not to fight

He's a good fighter, but he gets paid, far and away, more than anyone has in the history of mma. Why? Is he even in the top 50 of all time great fighters? He's 19-3. He won a ufc belt but never defended it. He faced two grapplers in the ufc who both had very short notice and he got dominated by one until his opponent gassed, and he got choked by the other.

But yet he makes way more money than anyone else has in the ufc. Next closest is probably gsp who made probably 2 or 3 times less per fight than conor.

So why does he get paid so much? It's all of the stuff he did OUTSIDE the octagon. All those PROMOTIONAL events and press tours where his personality shined, even on those obscure financial talk shows.

So this notion that he doesn't get paid to promote or that it's meaningless if he skips out on promotion is absolutely ridiculous. His whole career has been BUILT on promotion. Phone Post 3.0

wrong thread....oops

so explain the attention he's gotten recently without leaving Iceland. That's promotion too.

zzzzzz Phone Post 3.0

http://youtu.be/ou6oIHMvxq0 Phone Post 3.0

VU OP, just an Irish boxer with a big trap. Dana rolled up the news paper and spanked his ass. He'll be a good dog from here on out or this situation will just get worse for him. A few bad match ups that he was normally protected from and Conor will be singing a different tune instead of this "cut the shit" stuff. Phone Post 3.0

forrestfan - so explain the attention he's gotten recently without leaving Iceland. That's promotion too.
Not really, he's not promoting a fight. He tweeted out that he was retiring, of course he was going to get a lot of attention. The same would happen if Jon Jones tweets out he's retiring, people would be interested.

What I'm trying to say is Conor is getting all of this attention recently not because of his fight with Nate, but because he tweeted out he was retiring. Not promotion Phone Post 3.0

Totally agree KOing the NO1 P4P fighter in 13 seconds? LOL ooooooohhh I am so impressed!

Op is correct. There are better fighters in the UFC that don't get paid a fraction of what McGregor does. And it's because of his promo skills. Phone Post 3.0

He can and did promote better on his Twitter than he would have if he turned up. Phone Post 3.0

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -

Totally agree KOing the NO1 P4P fighter in 13 seconds? LOL ooooooohhh I am so impressed!

Where does be rank in the ufc in terms of fighting skills and ability ? Phone Post 3.0

Conor is a seller of wolf tickets.

Same names, same threads, same moronic statement. Boring. Phone Post 3.0

I don't get the hate. The guy found the secret sauce to fortune and fame for himself.
He fucking chased a P4P killer in Aldo. People seem to forget that. He literally chased him and when he finally faced him he flatlined the guy in 13 seconds.
He loses in a bad match up on short notice to an elite bigger guy and everyone shits on him. Fuck everyone loses but he was smart enough to make more money losing than anyone winning because he made it so.

The guy has brass balls and used them to get himself into a position of power. Ironically people crapped on the UFC for not paying enough now they are giving the UFC kudos for trying to shut him down... this place is weird.
Thanks to Conor, Mendes, Aldo and most recently Diaz have made more money in one night than they ever have so fuck people should be happy about the Conor effect.

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide - Same names, same threads, same moronic statement. Boring. Phone Post 3.0
Same nutthugging wrote knight. Phone Post 3.0

•white knight Phone Post 3.0

Hate420 -
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide - Same names, same threads, same moronic statement. Boring. Phone Post 3.0
Same nutthugging wrote knight. Phone Post 3.0
Take a deep breath, slow down, and calm yourself before trying to make a coherent sentence. McGregor is only a fighter, it's all gonna be alright :) Phone Post 3.0

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -

When did Conor KO Jon Jones? Phone Post 3.0

So many haters..... the revisionist brush that's applied to Conor or outright denial of his accomplishments is laughable at best. Phone Post 3.0

Billyz - I don't get the hate. The guy found the secret sauce to fortune and fame for himself.
He fucking chased a P4P killer in Aldo. People seem to forget that. He literally chased him and when he finally faced him he flatlined the guy in 13 seconds.
He loses in a bad match up on short notice to an elite bigger guy and everyone shits on him. Fuck everyone loses but he was smart enough to make more money losing than anyone winning because he made it so.

The guy has brass balls and used them to get himself into a position of power. Ironically people crapped on the UFC for not paying enough now they are giving the UFC kudos for trying to shut him down... this place is weird.
Thanks to Conor, Mendes, Aldo and most recently Diaz have made more money in one night than they ever have so fuck people should be happy about the Conor effect.
I don't hate him. I like him. Phone Post 3.0