McGregor Full Camp TDD

So everyone here who is a McGregor fan (I still haven't drank the kool aid but I'm not denying his striking skills which I really like and etc.). But how much of a different if he had trained for a full camp for Chad Mendes and Chad Mendes had trained for a full camp against McGregor?

Even with a 12 week camp there's no way I think he'd increase that much TDD in that amount of time. He absorbs stuff quickly, but does he really exponentially get that much better with TDD?

He's only 26...plenty of time to learn Phone Post 3.0

Well, I meant within this time frame. Mendes got the note 12 weeks ago and so did McGregor.

It would've looked the same and he was getting taken down by an exhausted Mendes and it was almost always a nicely timed shot with that said you can't deny Connor ' s striking offense but his defense isnt near the level his offense is but he seems to have a very strong chin Phone Post 3.0

I would hope that he trained TDD hard for Aldo as well. Aldo is a striker but he would be a major threat to finish Conor on the ground if he decided to take it there.

He got taken down when he disengaged after throwing a combo and every time his feet where way to close together. It is something they can tweak and work on and improve. Phone Post 3.0

I think to revamp his TDD to the point where it would be in the same ballpark as Aldo's, for example, would require his style to change quite a bit. His lead leg is just there for the taking, as it stands.

orcus - I would hope that he trained TDD hard for Aldo as well. Aldo is a striker but he would be a major threat to finish Conor on the ground if he decided to take it there.

QFT.

If Aldo puts him on his back with time to work I expect he will either submit him or TKO him with strikes from a dominant position.

And although McGregor did land kicks to the stomach, Mendes actually caught a few kicks as well.

He has good td defence already, it's just that he throws so many wild kicks and knees he leaves himself off balance a lot. That's part of what makes him so dangerous on the feet though, too. Sometimes you've got to give a little to get a little.

After he beats Jose we'll see when he fights Edgar Phone Post 3.0

fraz1001 - His game plan worked out pretty well without it.

Be patient on your back,wait for the opportunity to get back to your feet in a transition/scramble and work the body/pressure against the cage with strikes.

Job done Phone Post 3.0

What happens when an elite black belt puts you on your back, though?

Mendes isn't Fedor inside the guard and he isn't Jacare in getting around it, but Aldo is. His passing is world-class.

eXtv - 

Be patient on your back,wait for the opportunity to get back to your feet in a transition/scramble and work the body/pressure against the cage with strikes.

Job done Phone Post 3.0

Mendes isn't Fedor inside the guard and he isn't Jacare in getting around it, but Aldo is. His passing is world-class.

Wasn't Mendes able to get to half mount or side mount at some point in the second?

ClydeErwinBarret - 
eXtv - 

Job done Phone Post 3.0

Wasn't Mendes able to get to half mount or side mount at some point in the second?

Got a crucifix for a bit I think, can't exactly remember though.