McGregor is featherweight Dan Hardy

Young charismatic fighter that has a very original exciting look to him. His road to the belt didn't necessarily take him through the top ranked fighters in the division. He gets in through the side channels because the champ has basically cleaned out the division and there really aren't any other interesting NEW match ups. Im not saying either didn't deserve their title shot, i just believe their circumstances are super similar. Do you remember that Dan Hardy hype train?

Jimmy Hustler - No he's not, I want to see McGregor get starched, but this is a crappy comparison.

member since 2/1/15

brahmabull81 - ^ That is a terrible use for the "member since" insult. He didnt say anything that indicated that hes a stupid noob/troll and only stated a valid disagreement with what you said.

So basically anyone that disagrees with your comparison is a noob?
This Phone Post 3.0

There are some similarities, and like Dan, Conor may very well fail to win the belt, but it feels different.

With Dan, all the fans pretty much looked at each other with a shoulder shrug when he was announced as the next contender. There wasn't much to choose from, but I don't think anybody believed Dan had any more than a puncher's chance. No one was stopping GSP's takedowns and who said Dan could win on the feet anyway. I honestly capped Georges at -800.

With Conor, are Aldo's takedowns as assured as GSP's? I don't think so, but it's still hard to tell for sure. Conor has shown just as much power as Dan, but he appears to be more technical and athletic. Fans seems to favor Aldo, but more seem to favor Conor's chances than Dan's at the time.

The fast track to the title may be similar, but Conor can still be the real deal, even if he doesn't beat Aldo. Certainly more than the mid-level talent Dan ended up being, no disrespect to him. Phone Post 3.0

Stupid thread. Enough said. Phone Post 3.0

Joemacka -
brahmabull81 - ^ That is a terrible use for the "member since" insult. He didnt say anything that indicated that hes a stupid noob/troll and only stated a valid disagreement with what you said.

This Phone Post 3.0
Nah he's a noob because he's a noob. But fine it wasn't the best use of the member since. Ya got me. Phone Post 3.0

doerksenfan - There are some similarities, and like Dan, Conor may very well fail to win the belt, but it feels different.

With Dan, all the fans pretty much looked at each other with a shoulder shrug when he was announced as the next contender. There wasn't much to choose from, but I don't think anybody believed Dan had any more than a puncher's chance. No one was stopping GSP's takedowns and who said Dan could win on the feet anyway. I honestly capped Georges at -800.

With Conor, are Aldo's takedowns as assured as GSP's? I don't think so, but it's still hard to tell for sure. Conor has shown just as much power as Dan, but he appears to be more technical and athletic. Fans seems to favor Aldo, but more seem to favor Conor's chances than Dan's at the time.

The fast track to the title may be similar, but Conor can still be the real deal, even if he doesn't beat Aldo. Certainly more than the mid-level talent Dan ended up being, no disrespect to him. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah the fight itself will be totally different. I'm just stating the similarities following up to the fight. Phone Post 3.0

Mcgregor is at 150 and aldo is at -180. Mendes ended up at 180 so Mcgregor come fight night should be at like 250 at lowest Phone Post 3.0

SDinsomniac -
Jimmy Hustler - No he's not, I want to see McGregor get starched, but this is a crappy comparison.

member since 2/1/15
The OP, a 10er, is the one making a stupid post that shows very little insight into MMA skill sets. I agree with the 15er here. Phone Post 3.0

Hardy beat Marcus Davis when it looked like Marcus Davis was going to make a run, and Hardy outstruck the former pro boxer.

Conor has matrix'd the FW division like Aldo did back in the WEC.

GSP couldn't finish Hardy.

Hardy has better music.

Joemacka -

This Phone Post 3.0
That Phone Post 3.0

Bobby Lupo - Hardy beat Marcus Davis when it looked like Marcus Davis was going to make a run, and Hardy outstruck the former pro boxer.

Hardy has better music.

In MMA, former pro boxer usually means not a great boxer tbh.

He also went on to lose 3 of his next 4.

sage77 -
SDinsomniac -

member since 2/1/15
The OP, a 10er, is the one making a stupid post that shows very little insight into MMA skill sets. I agree with the 15er here. Phone Post 3.0
So you should. It's pretty pathetic when someone hides behind a join date, because, someone disagrees. I understand it, when the 14er/15er is being an idiot, but, not just because they disagree

Hell, how many of us actually first joined this site on our current join date?? Get real... Phone Post 3.0

shaqitup - 
Bobby Lupo - Hardy beat Marcus Davis when it looked like Marcus Davis was going to make a run, and Hardy outstruck the former pro boxer.

Hardy has better music.

In MMA, former pro boxer usually means not a great boxer tbh.

He also went on to lose 3 of his next 4.

True, but Davis was a decent local club fighter and he was insanely strong for 170 at the time. Hardy had no business beating Davis then. Davis beat Lytle

Davis cut back on strength training and vitamins and lost his power advantage. He had a nice run when he was fighting overseas without piss tests.

Bobby Lupo - Hardy beat Marcus Davis when it looked like Marcus Davis was going to make a run, and Hardy outstruck the former pro boxer.

Hardy has better music.
Mcgregor has the top 3-4 entrance songs of all time, Sinead O'connor is a badass bitch Phone Post 3.0

YoureAnEgg -
sage77 -
SDinsomniac -

member since 2/1/15
So you should. It's pretty pathetic when someone hides behind a join date, because, someone disagrees. I understand it, when the 14er/15er is being an idiot, but, not just because they disagree

Hell, how many of us actually first joined this site on our current join date?? Get real... Phone Post 3.0

This thread fuckin sucks Phone Post 3.0

I actually don't completely disagree with the OPs comparison. Where I do disagree is that I never really thought Dan Hardy had a shot, I felt he was just the next in line. I do feel McGregor has a shot, but only time will tell. Even if you hate him, I am very much looking forward to Aldo v McGregor. Phone Post 3.0

Yawn.  Yet another case of hatred for McGregor's hype getting in the way of actually recognizing that the man has talent and (IMO) a game-changing new style that's extremely tough to contend with using just traditional Muay Thai.

Don't be distracted by his fancy kicks and talk.  McG's hands, footwork, and range control are at a ridiculously high level, compared to other modern MMArtists.  If his success continues, I suspect we'll see a whole wave of new fighters in coming years mimicking his techniques.