McGregor is featherweight Dan Hardy

YoureAnEgg -
sage77 -
SDinsomniac -
Jimmy Hustler - No he's not, I want to see McGregor get starched, but this is a crappy comparison.

member since 2/1/15
The OP, a 10er, is the one making a stupid post that shows very little insight into MMA skill sets. I agree with the 15er here. Phone Post 3.0
So you should. It's pretty pathetic when someone hides behind a join date, because, someone disagrees. I understand it, when the 14er/15er is being an idiot, but, not just because they disagree

Hell, how many of us actually first joined this site on our current join date?? Get real... Phone Post 3.0
Calm down guy. Already said it wasn't the best use of the ole join date thing. Everyone's getting worked up in a tizzy about this. Phone Post 3.0

SamVDW - I actually don't completely disagree with the OPs comparison. Where I do disagree is that I never really thought Dan Hardy had a shot, I felt he was just the next in line. I do feel McGregor has a shot, but only time will tell. Even if you hate him, I am very much looking forward to Aldo v McGregor. Phone Post 3.0
Exactly. I'm not saying anything about the actual opponents or upcoming fight. All I'm saying is he's coming in with a ton of hype without having fought the strongest in the division because he champ has already cleaned it out for the most part. Phone Post 3.0

LawFitz -

Yawn.  Yet another case of hatred for McGregor's hype getting in the way of actually recognizing that the man has talent and (IMO) a game-changing new style that's extremely tough to contend with using just traditional Muay Thai.

Don't be distracted by his fancy kicks and talk.  McG's hands, footwork, and range control are at a ridiculously high level, compared to other modern MMArtists.  If his success continues, I suspect we'll see a whole wave of new fighters in coming years mimicking his techniques. 

Literally not once in the op do I mention anything about mcgregor's style. You typed a bunch of stuff that's not really relevant to the topic of the thread and made it very clear you're a Mcgregor nuthugger. Phone Post 3.0

shaqitup -
Bobby Lupo - Hardy beat Marcus Davis when it looked like Marcus Davis was going to make a run, and Hardy outstruck the former pro boxer.

Conor has matrix'd the FW division like Aldo did back in the WEC.

GSP couldn't finish Hardy.

Hardy has better music.

In MMA, former pro boxer usually means not a great boxer tbh.

He also went on to lose 3 of his next 4.
Not a great boxer true, but boxing skills relative to other mma fighters? Phone Post 3.0

King_Canuck66 -
Bobby Lupo - Hardy beat Marcus Davis when it looked like Marcus Davis was going to make a run, and Hardy outstruck the former pro boxer.

Hardy has better music.
Mcgregor has the top 3-4 entrance songs of all time, Sinead O'connor is a badass bitch Phone Post 3.0
Don't you mean Nothing Compares? Phone Post 3.0

SDinsomniac - 
LawFitz -

Yawn.  Yet another case of hatred for McGregor's hype getting in the way of actually recognizing that the man has talent and (IMO) a game-changing new style that's extremely tough to contend with using just traditional Muay Thai.

Don't be distracted by his fancy kicks and talk.  McG's hands, footwork, and range control are at a ridiculously high level, compared to other modern MMArtists.  If his success continues, I suspect we'll see a whole wave of new fighters in coming years mimicking his techniques. 

Literally not once in the op do I mention anything about mcgregor's style. You typed a bunch of stuff that's not really relevant to the topic of the thread and made it very clear you're a Mcgregor nuthugger. Phone Post 3.0

"McGregor is Featherweight Dan Hardy"

Rudi -
YoureAnEgg -
sage77 -
SDinsomniac -
Jimmy Hustler - No he's not, I want to see McGregor get starched, but this is a crappy comparison.

member since 2/1/15
The OP, a 10er, is the one making a stupid post that shows very little insight into MMA skill sets. I agree with the 15er here. Phone Post 3.0
So you should. It's pretty pathetic when someone hides behind a join date, because, someone disagrees. I understand it, when the 14er/15er is being an idiot, but, not just because they disagree

Hell, how many of us actually first joined this site on our current join date?? Get real... Phone Post 3.0
When posting this, I knew someone would respond with this. Haha have my VU Phone Post 3.0

SDinsomniac -
YoureAnEgg -
sage77 -
SDinsomniac -

member since 2/1/15

Calm down guy. Already said it wasn't the best use of the ole join date thing. Everyone's getting worked up in a tizzy about this. Phone Post 3.0
Not mad at all bro. Just saying. Apologies if I came across as an ass Phone Post 3.0

King_Canuck66 - 
Bobby Lupo - Hardy beat Marcus Davis when it looked like Marcus Davis was going to make a run, and Hardy outstruck the former pro boxer.

Hardy has better music.
Mcgregor has the top 3-4 entrance songs of all time, Sinead O'connor is a badass bitch Phone Post 3.0

The Biggie part makes it corny.

He should come out to that creepy child singing Fields of Athenry

Mcgregor is already better than Hardy ever was Phone Post 3.0

The bookies opened Conor nearly even with Aldo. If the bookies thought Conor was a hype job, they would have opened him at 3-1 and watched the sucker bets come in. There's little incentive to bet McGregor at tight odds. The bookies made it so the Aldo bet is the smart play.

Chew on that a bit

I don't remember Hardy finishing guys at the rate Conor has... And I could go on with more comparisons on how this is a different situation but I'm sure other people with cover that for me lol Phone Post 3.0

SDinsomniac - Young charismatic fighter that has a very original exciting look to him. His road to the belt didn't necessarily take him through the top ranked fighters in the division. He gets in through the side channels because the champ has basically cleaned out the division and there really aren't any other interesting NEW match ups. Im not saying either didn't deserve their title shot, i just believe their circumstances are super similar. Do you remember that Dan Hardy hype train?
Tenors gunna ten Phone Post 3.0

SDinsomniac - Young charismatic fighter that has a very original exciting look to him. His road to the belt didn't necessarily take him through the top ranked fighters in the division. He gets in through the side channels because the champ has basically cleaned out the division and there really aren't any other interesting NEW match ups. Im not saying either didn't deserve their title shot, i just believe their circumstances are super similar. Do you remember that Dan Hardy hype train?
Hardy was nowhere near McGregor's level in skill or entertainment. Phone Post 3.0

They are similar in the sense of their quick rise, have kewl accents and shit talk. Conor's obviously is on that next level shit though. I remember I thought Hardy had a chance to catch GSP before their fight and I though he would KO Condit. Lol...I was so wrong. I'll admit it though. Hardys KO of Markham is still one of my favorite left hook KOs ever. So clean.

People forget too that at the time of Hardys shot when he beat Marcus Davis he was on a hell of a run and Swick was considered to be next in line until Hardy took it from him. At the time he was the best option I believe just as Conor is. But people give Conor too much shit about undeserving the title shot, his displays of skill and opposition have been both very impressive.

Dominating KOing Brimmage with one of the sickest combos ever, dominating Holloway (which I don't see many people doing in the division), and KOing Porier and Siver. Those are all quality wins that he dominated. He deserves the shot and I don't understand why anyone would want to see a Frankie rematch before this fight, I just think people like to find reasons to bitch about shit. That's not what this post was about but fuck it what's your join date faggot? Phone Post 3.0

Dan Hardy has already addressed this (UFC Sweden? ) that Connor has accomplished more than himself. Phone Post 3.0

Ya,NOPe Phone Post 3.0

I agree to an extent certainly about the hype but conor is a much better fighter. Hardy always sucked. Phone Post 3.0

Conor at 145 would beat the best of Dan Hardy at 170, KO him even

YousHerName - They are similar in the sense of their quick rise, have kewl accents and shit talk. Conor's obviously is on that next level shit though. I remember I thought Hardy had a chance to catch GSP before their fight and I though he would KO Condit. Lol...I was so wrong. I'll admit it though. Hardys KO of Markham is still one of my favorite left hook KOs ever. So clean.

People forget too that at the time of Hardys shot when he beat Marcus Davis he was on a hell of a run and Swick was considered to be next in line until Hardy took it from him. At the time he was the best option I believe just as Conor is. But people give Conor too much shit about undeserving the title shot, his displays of skill and opposition have been both very impressive.

Dominating KOing Brimmage with one of the sickest combos ever, dominating Holloway (which I don't see many people doing in the division), and KOing Porier and Siver. Those are all quality wins that he dominated. He deserves the shot and I don't understand why anyone would want to see a Frankie rematch before this fight, I just think people like to find reasons to bitch about shit. That's not what this post was about but fuck it what's your join date faggot? Phone Post 3.0
Well said Phone Post 3.0