McGregor likes Edgar?

McGregor seems to have clowned almost everyone in his division except for Edgar. What can he say about Edgar? Edgar is such a likable guy.

Mendes - Small, short ass.

Siver - Small, stocky, deformed body, steroids.

Cub - Old.

Lamas - Scared of Aldo.

Aldo - Degrading, declining, not the same fighter, flat footed.

Poirier - Hill billy kid.

Edgar - ??

Well why pick a fight with the guy that would derail your hype train and end it.... quickly.

Itdoesntmatter - Well why pick a fight with the guy that would derail your hype train and end it.... quickly.

If that's the case why's he calling out Aldo?

potato623 -
Itdoesntmatter - Well why pick a fight with the guy that would derail your hype train and end it.... quickly.

Aldo holds the belt. Huge difference. No shame in losing to champ Phone Post 3.0

Hespect Phone Post 3.0

Yup.

Dead President - 
potato623 -

Aldo holds the belt. Huge difference. No shame in losing to champ Phone Post 3.0

But if he lost to the superior Aldo, his hype train would be derailed; would it not?

Everyone has lost to Aldo, so I don't think it does that much damage to him. Then again, it really depends on how he loses.

potato623 - 

Edgar could very well be a worse match up for him and losing to a contender is worse than losing to the champ.

potato623 - 
Dead President - 
potato623 -

But if he lost to the superior Aldo, his hype train would be derailed; would it not?

Would you say Weidman derailed Machida?  How about Jones with Gus? 

After the Glover/Jones fight people thought Glover was a couple wins away from a rematch.  After he lost to Davis now most posts about him are saying he was never that good and he was lucky to get a title shot after beating Ryan Bader. 

Edgar would whoop his ass straight up.

Dead President - 
potato623 -

No shame in losing to Frankie fucking Edgar.

Well there's also the fact he would probably get paid more for a title shot then a fight with frankie. Phone Post 3.0

Pitbull3744 - Iirc he actually spoke highly of Edgar and called him a champ and he respects him but I think he also said Frankie is on his way down.

Frankie is one of the only former champs who when lost the belt continued to win and stay at the top fighting for title shots.

Scratch that. Him and Faber. Phone Post 3.0
Lyoto, vitor, the majority of people from jons title defenses are former champs, couture did it plenty.. Bj did it until Frankie.. But I agree. You have to respect Frankie no matter what. The guy is legendary. Phone Post 3.0

potato623 -
Dead President - 
potato623 -

Aldo is the champ and a better matchup for conor. No worries of getting taken down Phone Post 3.0

I want to see the fight. He seems extremely diligent in training and I am willing to bed hes working on his TDD and ground game. But his stand up is leagues ahead of most of the division so if he can keep the fights on his feet, I think he will fair very well.

At first I wasn't a big supporter of conor because of his mouth. Its just not my style to be so negative and disrespectful of his competition and arrogant of his own abilities.

But after he ko'd dustin in the 1st rd like he vehemently said he would, he finally earned my respect. He put a ton of pressure on himself by calling how the fight would end against a top 5 fighter like Poirier and then going out and actually doing it was pretty remarkable.

Id like to see him fight for the title and see how he does against the likes of the very best in the division. Aldo, mendes and Frankie are the top guys and he will more than likely fight all of them. Now that cub is out of the title picture, its pretty certain now that he will get it if he beats Siver which I believe he will.

A title fight in a football stadium in Dublin would be pretty insane to see so im rooting for him to get the title shot. Would be pretty cool to see this story end with him winning the title in his home country in front of 80K fans, which for the ufc would be the largest gate in history I believe. .......... right? Phone Post 3.0

Edgar is a champion. There is no argument he can pose, plus he is pretty damn cool.

As for Croke Park 80K+ - Gaelic Football and Hurling Stadium.

Joe Rogans take on Hurling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SyvdU5LWPk

Because he gains nothing from talking crap about a guy who everyone respects for a good reason.
Some people might have favorites besides frankie but the guy had one of the most incredible come back title fights in the history of the sport. was a champ a weight class up fighting guys much bigger than him and is extremely skilled in all aspects of the game.

potato623 -

Haha yep exactly Phone Post 3.0