McGregor puzzle is very simple

Employ a Couture or Henderson Greco type style. But Fight orthodox, never lead to the body and allow Mcgregor to counter over the top with the left. Foward pressure to the cage and dirty box. Nate showed that he was easily over powered in pummeling exchanges. Work for a lateral drop and wear him down . He gasses quickly.. An old school game plan dominates Conor. Trying to play the distance game plays right into his hands and you get KTFO.

But a grinding pace in close with repeated takedown shots and he has absolutely no chance if you keep the pressure on him. Phone Post 3.0

stfu Phone Post 3.0

alexander_the_mediocre - Employ a Couture or Henderson Greco type style. But Fight orthodox, never lead to the body and allow Mcgregor to counter over the top with the left. Foward pressure to the cage and dirty box. Nate showed that he was easily over powered in pummeling exchanges. Work for a lateral drop and wear him down . He gasses quickly.. An old school game plan dominates Conor. Trying to play the distance game plays right into his hands and you get KTFO.

But a grinding pace in close with repeated takedown shots and he has absolutely no chance if you keep the pressure on him. Phone Post 3.0

so a 145 DC

Aldo will chop his legs down for five rounds and make it look easy

THP - Aldo will chop his legs down for five rounds and make it look easy
Ah but of course he will... Phone Post 3.0

alexander_the_mediocre - Employ a Couture or Henderson Greco type style. But Fight orthodox, never lead to the body and allow Mcgregor to counter over the top with the left. Foward pressure to the cage and dirty box. Nate showed that he was easily over powered in pummeling exchanges. Work for a lateral drop and wear him down . He gasses quickly.. An old school game plan dominates Conor. Trying to play the distance game plays right into his hands and you get KTFO.

True. Especially at FW where Conor has size and reach on everybody. Phone Post 3.0

lol guy got koed in 13 secs Phone Post 3.0

I just want to see Conor lose several times. Phone Post 3.0

Goddamnit, a legitimate strategic covo can't even make it 10 post without TMZ oneliners. I've always had so much faith in this place, but get the fuck out if you want to contribute to the UG being a social media site instead of an MMA site . I stick with it but the glory days seem like a distant memory! Oldskool UG MOB up in this bitch with pitch forks and torches!! Phone Post 3.0

I kind of agree with op.
The key to being able to employ that gameplan would be to get Conor a bit tired first though and there aren't many guys who can stay conscious long enough to do that.
Maybe Frankie could. Maybe Alvarez at LW. It's hard to think of many guys who have the chin, cardio and skill to be able to pull that kind of gameplan off. Phone Post 3.0

Frankie has always had impeccable timing and that Chael type driving takedown style with a chin for days and is always in shape, if he makes it out of the 1st, he out points Conor all day. Conor is too slow for Edgar. Phone Post 3.0

alexander_the_mediocre - Frankie has always had impeccable timing and that Chael type driving takedown style with a chin for days and is always in shape, if he makes it out of the 1st, he out points Conor all day. Conor is too slow for Edgar. Phone Post 3.0
Conor isn't too slow for anyone buddy. When he is fresh he is very fast and very accurate Phone Post 3.0

Exactly "when Conor is fresh" I see that fight playing out the same as Chael vs. Silva but Conor doesn't have the ground game to pull off a sub in the later rounds. Phone Post 3.0

alexander_the_mediocre - Employ a Couture or Henderson Greco type style. But Fight orthodox, never lead to the body and allow Mcgregor to counter over the top with the left. Foward pressure to the cage and dirty box. Nate showed that he was easily over powered in pummeling exchanges. Work for a lateral drop and wear him down . He gasses quickly.. An old school game plan dominates Conor. Trying to play the distance game plays right into his hands and you get KTFO.

I like it, especially in a five round fight.

I thought Nate would do this tonight right away, but instead got hit so many times in the legs.

It's hard for the shorter man to be at the end of jabs, and it is extra hard for the shorter man to be against the cage with a taller, heavier opponent pushing down on him.

I was not going to blame Nate tonight at all for fence-stalling/grinding; I thought it was one of his best options. It seemed like a worthy strategy given the size and style difference.

And some dirty elbows close up, with the opponent's back against the cage, or even Nate's back against the cage, would have helped to weather Conor's face to at least earn some brownie points with the 'Who is bleeding more?' judges.

And it really screws with the opponent's brain when you disregard any sort of punishment you might take while going for a body lock, and at the same time shows your opponent that you are serious about the grind and don't give a fuck about getting hit on the way in or taking some punishment in the clinch, a la Couture.

I do not mind seeing this strategy on a high level in a marquee fight between two of the best.

I think Conor definitely style means he'll always struggle more against southpaws than orthodox fighters Phone Post 3.0