McGregor so-called punching power

Of course I can, but I don't like that the general public will look at it as a barometer of mma skill or fighters. I'm reacting emotionally.

I think the main difference is boxers know how to roll with punches better a lot better than mma fighters, taking away the full power, unlike all of Conors KO's against guys lunging face first at him. This is why Nate wasn't wobbled by any of Conors punches.

Flavorful -

It's a lot different when you hit face-first wrestlers on the chin than when you hit a experienced boxer on the chin. Mayweather has been in with dozens of guys who hit harder than Conor.

Look at Mike Perry boxing. He landed clean shots to his opponent and then got KTFO. Now he's starching guys in the UFC.

Get out of here with your one shot knockout artist bullshit.

Expected you to be a 17er. Surprised your a 16er ! Good try m8

Tkos are worse because you continue to recieve punishment until the ref stops it. Koing an opponent isnt as bad unless you keep striking.

Gandhi -

I think the main difference is boxers know how to roll with punches better a lot better than mma fighters, taking away the full power, unlike all of Conors KO's against guys lunging face first at him. This is why Nate wasn't wobbled by any of Conors punches.

Other than those 4 knockdowns right

His power is extremely overrated.

mdfmma123 -

Yeah because a boxers chin is somehow biologically different from an mma fighters chin. 

If you mean to say that Conor will not be able to land cleanly enough to do any real damage than yeah maybe, Floyd is different in that aspect....

But IF Conor can land a clean shot on Floyd he will fall just as any other opponent of Conor's has.

Yes, boxers chins are biologically different from MMA chins. In boxing there are two primary attributes. Punching ability and the ability to take a punch. The average pro boxer has a far superior chin than the average MMA fighters. Great chins are not as important in MMA as they are in boxing.

Good observation. 

EckY -
mdfmma123 - 

Yeah because a boxers chin is somehow biologically different from an mma fighters chin. 

If you mean to say that Conor will not be able to land cleanly enough to do any real damage than yeah maybe, Floyd is different in that aspect....

But IF Conor can land a clean shot on Floyd he will fall just as any other opponent of Conor's has.

Guys with bad chins don't get too far in pro boxing, in MMA they can go a lot further. Top level HW boxers have chins of fucking steel for the most part.

Correct. 

Barry_BondsMVP - 
PeterIrl -
Barry_BondsMVP - 
mdfmma123 -

Boxers are conditioned to go 12 rounds and take punishment. In MMA you have the ability to take someone down when hurt or avoid standing. You can't do that in Boxing. Floyd's never touched the canvas in 49 fights, his glove hit the ground once, about it.

Boxers clinch when hurt all the time. WTF are you bleating on about?

Clinch than separated dumb ass. You think the ref is going to let them sit there and clinch until the round is over? Refs jump in and try to separate them, fighters are always looking for separation especially when someone is hurt. 

The clinch allows them time to recover and/or provides them an avenue to avoid punishment, whether they are separated or not is irrelevant, they utilise it regularly as a tool to avoid punishment.

Cockwomble.

Gandhi -

Are you stoned? I mean Nate fought his ass off and the second fight was really close, but he was busted all to shit and put on his ass multiple times in both fights. He was definitely wobbled in both fights, and hurt in both of them. He stuck it out and came out huge on the first fight, and made the second one a war until the end, but look at his face after either of them. He took a beating both times. 

PeterIrl -
Barry_BondsMVP - 
PeterIrl -
Barry_BondsMVP - 
mdfmma123 -

Boxers are conditioned to go 12 rounds and take punishment. In MMA you have the ability to take someone down when hurt or avoid standing. You can't do that in Boxing. Floyd's never touched the canvas in 49 fights, his glove hit the ground once, about it.

Clinch than separated dumb ass. You think the ref is going to let them sit there and clinch until the round is over? Refs jump in and try to separate them, fighters are always looking for separation especially when someone is hurt. 

The clinch allows them time to recover and/or provides them an avenue to avoid punishment, whether they are separated or not is irrelevant, they utilise it regularly as a tool to avoid punishment.

Cockwomble.

You make it sound like every fighter is capable of clinching when hurt. I've seen plenty of fights when a guy is hurt and A). Can't initiate a clinch fast enough B). Fighter doesn't know how to clinch C). If/When the fighter clinches he's getting separated right now and didn't have time to recover. So no it's doesn't happen all the time like you think it does. So that goes back to my original point clown shoes.

Dangerous with both hands

mdfmma123 - 

I agree with this, but other than a face first Aldo McGregor has never really one shot anyone in the UFC. A 20-year-old Holloway lasted through the first round. Two weeks Mendes took a ton of punishment before being TKO'd, Alvarez got hit a good amount before the nasty TKO in the 2nd, it took a ton of shots to clean off Diego Brandao, even Siver lasted two rounds. Of course then there's Diaz with a chin of granite.

So imo that IF, is an insanely big IF. Unless Mayweather has fallen off considerably in the last two years because he still looked great against Berto.

StretchPlum - Right. He has always touted the precision and timing as the key.

Mayweather touted the same thing over a decade ago. Timing and precision is not new. I'm pretty sure most combat athletes aim for the same goal. Others are just much better at it.

Flavorful -

It's a lot different when you hit face-first wrestlers on the chin than when you hit a experienced boxer on the chin. Mayweather has been in with dozens of guys who hit harder than Conor.

Look at Mike Perry boxing. He landed clean shots to his opponent and then got KTFO. Now he's starching guys in the UFC.

Get out of here with your one shot knockout artist bullshit.

Big difference is he will be wearing 10 oz gloves. His power will be highly diminished.

ClydeErwinBarret -
mdfmma123 - 

I agree with this, but other than a face first Aldo McGregor has never really one shot anyone in the UFC. A 20-year-old Holloway lasted through the first round. Two weeks Mendes took a ton of punishment before being TKO'd, Alvarez got hit a good amount before the nasty TKO in the 2nd, it took a ton of shots to clean off Diego Brandao, even Siver lasted two rounds. Of course then there's Diaz with a chin of granite.

So imo that IF, is an insanely big IF. Unless Mayweather has fallen off considerably in the last two years because he still looked great against Berto.

And he was wearing MMA gloves. I punch harder with MMA gloves than with my bare hands! MMA gloves serve to protect the hands! Boxing gloves are made to soften your punches. 

The Black Cheez - 
Gandhi -

Other than those 4 knockdowns right

A flash knockdown doesn't necessarily mean he was completely buzzed from the punches. I've been flash knocked down in ammy Muay Thai and was perfectly fine. It happens sometimes when you just don't expect/see the punch(es) coming.

JustAnotherMMAFan - 
ClydeErwinBarret -
mdfmma123 - 

And he was wearing MMA gloves. I punch harder with MMA gloves than with my bare hands! MMA gloves serve to protect the hands! Boxing gloves are made to soften your punches. 

No they aren't. Boxing gloves are there to protect the punchers hands.

PeterIrl -
Barry_BondsMVP - 
PeterIrl -
Barry_BondsMVP - 
mdfmma123 -

Cockwomble.
Is dude trolling? or.....

PeterIrl -
JustAnotherMMAFan - 
ClydeErwinBarret -
mdfmma123 - 

No they aren't. Boxing gloves are there to protect the punchers hands.

Cuts as well. Certainly not there to make the punches softer....