McGregor will cut 27 lbs in a week

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/6/8899833/conor-mcgregor-cut-27-lbs-8-days-ufc-189-chad-mendes
“You’re a big guy”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9994nv8BcU
4 U Phone Post 3.0

Dropping 27lbs of fluid from a 172 mass is about a 15% drop.
That's insane, especially when Conor is as lean as he is already.
Compare to someone like jones or Ortiz, who go from cruising at 230 in camp, to 205 on weigh in day.
It's a 10% drop in weight, and they are bigger, much bigger. Phone Post 3.0

So will Conor be forced to 155 after IV use is banned? Phone Post 3.0

Chael isn't exactly a reliable narrator. The build up to the Dublin fight night had McGregor saying he was 161/162 about 4 days before the weigh in, so I find it hard to believe he is ten pounds heavier 8 days out this time around.

1800champagne - So will Conor be forced to 155 after IV use is banned? Phone Post 3.0
New policy is already in effect.. Started 7/1 Phone Post 3.0

hendofanforlife -

why is everyone assuming its all water weight 5 days before weighins?

Cause 27 pounds is 94,500 calories to burn in 5 days if he wasn't cutting water. Phone Post 3.0

SidRival_PBTT, Rival Fitness 661 -
1800champagne - So will Conor be forced to 155 after IV use is banned? Phone Post 3.0
New policy is already in effect.. Started 7/1 Phone Post 3.0
It's been pushed back until October according to several articles I've read. Phone Post 3.0

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot of weight class movement after the IV ban. It might take a few missed fights for it to happen though. Phone Post 3.0

I read that the fighters could apply for a TUE to get the use of IVs. I wonder if they will grant any ? Phone Post 3.0

5541james - I read that the fighters could apply for a TUE to get the use of IVs. I wonder if they will grant any ? Phone Post 3.0
I think that's more a case of them allowing them if someone is clearly in a bad way and needs one for medical reasons rather than someone planning to take one and applying for a TUE. Phone Post 3.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwp30eF-Pks Phone Post 3.0

How are they going to enforce the IV ban? How does the commission know when a fighter uses them? Phone Post 3.0

Carne de cavalo é o melhor - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwp30eF-Pks Phone Post 3.0

Mr Sizzzz - How are they going to enforce the IV ban? How does the commission know when a fighter uses them? Phone Post 3.0
From what I read, something to do with them being able to test for saline from the IV's or something like that Phone Post 3.0

If he can't use an IV, he is screwed. Dude looked horrible when he was cutting against Siver. And Jon Jones gets flack for being too big for the weightclass

Depending on how this fight goes, he might only have one more fight left at 145. Once the October ban comes into play he's got no hope of fighting down there.

In the video chael says that he was with Connor last week and that's when he said he was 172. So he doesn't have 8 days, it's just 8 days from when Chael recorded that bit. The weight cut has probably already began and they're probably already slimming him. Plus I highly doubt a fight team and coach such as John K would let Connors media get in the way of him being healthy. Phone Post 3.0

Captain Epic - In the video chael says that he was with Connor last week and that's when he said he was 172. So he doesn't have 8 days, it's just 8 days from when Chael recorded that bit. The weight cut has probably already began and they're probably already slimming him. Plus I highly doubt a fight team and coach such as John K would let Connors media get in the way of him being healthy. Phone Post 3.0

People are just completely ignoring the fact that Sonnen is a pathological liar.

Either way I highly doubt they will be flying that close to the sun with the weight cut for the most important fight of his career.

Carne de cavalo é o melhor - Dropping 27lbs of fluid from a 172 mass is about a 15% drop.
That's insane, especially when Conor is as lean as he is already.
Compare to someone like jones or Ortiz, who go from cruising at 230 in camp, to 205 on weigh in day.
It's a 10% drop in weight, and they are bigger, much bigger. Phone Post 3.0

Jones is 230 when in between camps, chubby, and out of shape.  He's shown prior to multiple fights that he's around 215 weeks before.  He doesn't cut much at all. 

Funny how people bitch he's too big for lhw. If he were cutting 15%, he'd be almost 240 with 35lbs of water weight to cut. 

Chael messes with people all the time with things he says. Him and McGregor are probably buds and he's putting him over by adding to his newfound "legend."

Chael's selling wolf tickets and everyone is buying them.