McKee tapped to a punch? lol

my friend broke his orbital and said its the worst pain hes ever felt

Dillon70

Damn aoki is becoming a real power puncher Phone Post

I was there and watched it live... Aoki crushed him with that right hand and that shit was broke for sure Phone Post

ranier wolfcastle -

my friend broke his orbital and said its the worst pain hes ever felt

Really? I didn't think it was too bad never took the pain meds even after they said I would after the surgery it was rough but staph is the worst pain I have ever felt Phone Post

Yea, Koscheck comes to mind. Look, we weren't there and weren't the ones getting hit, so who knows. These guys make their livings doing this so when you see someone like Joe Lauzon persevere through that battle, JDS take the beating he took, and how about Aumry Bittech (I don't know how to spell his fuckin name) against Don Frye years ago, and continue to fight it makes you wonder what happened here.

If this fight wasn't in Japan, we wouldn't even be questioning this. If they hadn't had so many shenanigans over the years, this wouldn't even be an issue.

youarewhatiswrong - Look at the close up of mckee at the end of that video, his left cheek/orbital is deformed.

This. McKee has always been tough as nails. That cheek bone was messed up. If it was already slightly fractured in the first, getting hit there again will cause severe pain. No shame in tapping.

Like someone else said, makes you have mad respect for guys like Kos that finish fights where that shit happens. Phone Post

People wouldn't be so harsh to McKee if he didn't talk so much shit. He is a very solid fighter with a good career. But he talks like he is the best ever and it annoys people.

William Colosimo - 
sickdarce - 

I've heard from multiple sources that before the fight started McKee indicated he would tap at first sign of danger. Phone Post

Just watched the video, noticed the announcers mentioned this

Pretty sure he just meant that if aoki were to get a hold of a limb that he would tap before any damage occured.

Arecsa - Makes me respect Koscheck even more for hanging in with GSP for 20 more minutes after it happened to him.

Shows who is tought and has heart and who doesnt.

He went 5 rounds getting hit in the same spot again and again with a busted face and never gave up. McKee got hit one time by Aoki of all people nad wanted no more.

People question/laugh if someone taps to strikes. What is the difference vs  tight sub? If you know you cannot continue why take more punishment? 

EDIT: I know there are fighters that do not tap EVER. My favorite is Enson. He never gave up with Igor, Heath or Nog. Everyone has a reason I just wanted to ask why it is so bad to tap to strikes. I hope this makes any sense I am very drunk atm :)

Looked odd at the time . Orbital makes sense . Any medical reports from these fights?

Makes josvheck seem like a warrior for going 5 rnds with Gsp Phone Post

damn

any of the other fights?

Lol @ punched in the nose. You might wanna re-watch for replays. Let someone punch you straight in the eye and keep fighting.

KneeUpperCut Ios - He was holding that eye after the first round (orbital bone) and he got hit with a powerful overhand right in the same spot. Laughing at him for quitting is really brave of you man lol

He is probably the only fighter I'd laugh at for quitting.

His trash talk to skill ratio is completely out of proportion.

It's also a context thing. He tapped to strikes to Shinya Aoki. SHINYA AOKI. Am I the only one who finds this hilarious? I'm sure we all expected him to tap, but not to strikes.

Thankfully he's at the tail end of his boring, drawn out career and will never have to fight any top echelon strikers. Phone Post

if Aoki can get his striking down, none can defend lol.

Barry_BondsMVP -

if Aoki can get his striking down, none can defend lol.

This Phone Post

bhealthy - even though it doesnt pay very much, they are lucky they play a sport where you can tap out. it was a smart move

QFT. but we all know that most of the UGskeyboard warriors would stand and wang like thier was a plate of french fries on the line if this happened to them.