Me and Doc Rivers are correct!!!!!

"Dallas has 14 losses, a total it didn't reach last season until Feb. 27. ABC's Doc Rivers says the Mavs miss the swagger they used to get from Nick Van Exel"

I was thinking the Van Exel thing from the beginning of the year. Not having Nick is gonna hurt them. NBA.com

http://www.nba.com/blog/blog7.html

I said this at the start of the season, look for Van Exel to be traded to a contender before the trade deadline. Any team wanting a good chance in the playoffs will try and get him and the warriors can cash in on it for sure

I have never been a big fan of his to give him a team to run but he can certainly be a player to get you over the hump, the Kings should look to get a big time player like him for the playoofs or maybe even New Jersey

Hopefully Houston can pull him. He lives in Houston and is good friends with most of the team. But I know JVG wants Charlie Ward. The Warriors announcers the other day, said Charlie Ward was coming to the rockets.

I don't see anyone the Kings would be able to acquire that would help them in the playoffs.

I'm a huge Mavs fan, and i wasn't happy about the Van Exel trade since he saved them more than once in the playoffs. With that being said, Mavs have a better record agaisnt the top teams this year than last. It's just to bad that they're losing to the rest.

Doc Rivers and I.

Nash vs Nick tonight.

LOL @ Tex, I was thinking the same thing after posting. :)

"I don't see anyone the Kings would be able to acquire that would help them in the playoffs."

sometimes you got to take a chance, I admit it would be tough for the kings to part with anyone at this time but you never know

"I'm a huge Mavs fan, and i wasn't happy about the Van Exel trade since he saved them more than once in the playoffs. With that being said, Mavs have a better record agaisnt the top teams this year than last. It's just to bad that they're losing to the"rest."

The Mavs needed to take a chance because Nick was not going to get them a championship, they need a center and rebounders. I still think they will make a trade to get a big man

"sometimes you got to take a chance, I admit it would be tough for the kings to part with anyone at this time but you never know"

What do you think the Kings need??

"The Mavs needed to take a chance because Nick was not going to get them a championship, they need a center and rebounders. I still think they will make a trade to get a big man"

They are, but not many big men up to cubans standards (that he can get). I think they're gonna pull a guy out of their summer league. Daniels was a good pick up that way and they might go back the same route.

Floppy

The Kings needs a closer, a guy in the clutch in the 4th quarter. Bibby has done it in the past but really has fallen off, Peja has really progressed but not sure if he ready to do it all in the 4th yet.

Bobby Jackson is kind of the heart and soul of the team but Nick is a better player at crunch time. It might be worth a trade but you also risk to fuck with the Kings chemistry, it tough

I really agree about the closer. I don't think Peja's there yet either, but he's getting there. I don't think it would be a good idea to fuck with the chemistry though. Damn

Tons of teams are interested in Charlie Ward...

""The Nets are willing to offer Ward a veteran minimum pro-rated deal believed to be worth less than $700,000. The Nets, Rockets, Spurs, Mavericks, Magic and Clippers are among 12 teams pursuing Ward. The Knicks also have not ruled out re-signing their old point guard, who worked out yesterday at the Knicks training facility in Greenburgh. The Nets hope Ward wants to remain in the area, but a source believes he could be leaning toward one of the three Texas teams and might make a decision today." NY Daily News"

Man I miss seeing Van Excel play. One of the most underrated players ever.

deepu, check out my christmas thread on the OG