Meat Cutting Competition tomorrow

Wish me luck dudes!

If I make it to the third round, winner takes home $20,000.

That's enough hookers and blow for at least three of us for a night. Phone Post 3.0

Good luck to you!

Good luck duder.

Can I have just a little bit of the blow?

20K for cutting meat? How much if I just beat it? Phone Post 3.0

Is it human meat?

I hear it's delicious! Phone Post 3.0

Blow for all. Can one get a KEY with that kind of scratch?!

And of course it's human meat. I'd gladly filet and bacon wrap all your asses. Phone Post 3.0

What exactly is a meat cutting competition? Do you have to butcher a whole cow? Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

Barbasol - What exactly is a meat cutting competition? Do you have to butcher a whole cow? Phone Post 3.0
Yes, you have to bring your own cow that's still alive. There are extra points for the participant that removes the most edible cuts before the cow expires. Phone Post 3.0

Barbasol - What exactly is a meat cutting competition? Do you have to butcher a whole cow? Phone Post 3.0
We have 80 minutes to cut, within spec;

x2 Sirloin Butts

x1 Boneless Rib Loin

x1 Tenderloin PSMO

The specs are obnoxiously specific.

(i.e.) a 6 oz. sirloin is 4-41/2" long, 3" wide, 3/4"-1" thick, and plus or minus .3 of an ounce. So it can way 5.7-6.3ozs. No exposed silver skin/vein/nerve and no more than 1/16" of exposed fat on the edge.

Similar specs for every steak Phone Post 3.0

clevelandkid - Sounds like a gripping spectator sport. We could make another competition for paint dryers for the off season.
As long as it's opposite of watching grass grow season Phone Post 3.0

southcraw,
What's you thoughts on the Hanger cut/steak? I think it's by a long shot a vastly unrated cut of meat and arguably one of the top cuts. So why is it so unknown in the general public/restaurant scene for being such good piece of meat?

Phone Post 3.0

Are you as good as this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8TBvkcSeFk

hendofanforlife -

there was a butchering thread on here a little while ago. 

good luck man!

Can I get a bump? Going to be butchering my own elk if I'm successful this season. Phone Post 3.0

Wow...I can see the spin off of this thread a mile away....

"Meat Beating Competition Tomorrow!"

I was fortunate enough to work a harvest at a farm in Central Michigan with a buddy. I helped butcher dozens of hogs and a couple of deer. I really liked it - I found rendering an animal from running around into steaks and roasts and chops to be very satisfying. Something every meat eater should partake in.

Kind of thing you have to learn hands on with a patient teacher though - I can't imagine how badly I would've fucked up trying to do it on my own.

My farmer friend's cousin was a straightup ninja field dressing and butchering deer (also one of the best hunters I've ever seen).

Tell me about your tools! Phone Post 3.0

Cire - southcraw,
What's you thoughts on the Hanger cut/steak? I think it's by a long shot a vastly unrated cut of meat and arguably one of the top cuts. So why is it so unknown in the general public/restaurant scene for being such good piece of meat?

Phone Post 3.0
Hanger, among many other cuts are both highly overlooked and underrated. Tends to be pretty damned lean but damn does it taste good. I think one of the reasons it's not more popular is because how few you get from each cow. Similar to flank/skirt they're just not primal cuts like loins and butts n' stuff. Phone Post 3.0

Sagiv Lapkin -

Are you as good as this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8TBvkcSeFk

WTB LESSONS, 10g Phone Post 3.0