Medal of Honor: RS is horrible!

Let me say that again: Medal of Honor: Rising Sun is horrible. I cant beleive I paid $90 AU for this peice of shit. Goldeneye for the N64 is more advanced not to mention this is the shortest game I've ever played.

Can anybody suggest a decent Gamecube game?

*the only reason I bought a Gamecube over an Xbox was that they were selling them for $120 AU

Doesn't surprise me much. It looked like it was heavily scripted and wouldn't be any fun past the pearl harbor level.

I never understood why people liked any Medal of Honor games. It's a scripted non realistic ww2 game which has absolutely no gimmic about it that would justify the overall popularity.

Now that we all agree that MoH:RS is shit can anybody recommend a good Gamecube game? are the LOTR games good? and what about the Resident Evil games?

TimeSplitters 2 = best action shooter

Metroid, Eternal Darkness, Super Smash Brothers, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, F-Zero, Mario Sunshine, Viewtiful Joe, Wave Race, Resident Evil 1 and 0, Super Monkey Ball 1 or 2, Star Fox Adventure, Soulcalibur II, Animal Crossing, Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc

Good place to look:

http://cube.ign.com/scores_9.html

http://cube.ign.com/scores_8.html

truewrestler's got a great list. Eternal Darkness, Zelda, Metroid, and Mario Sunshine are all kick-ass simgle player games. TS2 is the true offspring of Goldeneye.

NullMod is correct. Apart from the odd level, MoH is dull beyond repair. Same goes for Call of Duty.

Even though you may only manage to kill 3 people per level, Operation Flashpoint is way more intense than those games could ever be.

yeah, I haven't played them much but the single player just gets old very quick... they make you too much of a one man army

Its not that necessarily. Its all the scripted events that are used to try and make the game exciting. They make you feel like an actor in a war film, rather than a soldier in a battle.

No game has better simulated modern infantry combat better than OFP. It dosn't need loads of scripted events to be atmospheric.

I don't mind scripted events that much as long as they are well done in such a way to not seem scripted =)

Have you played Command & Conquer Renegade? I heard the battles going on around you were all AI driven and not scripted.

Goldeneye begat Perfect Dark and Pefect Dark begat TimeSplitter's 2.

I must admit i got bored with allied assault pretty quick, mostly because I played the first medal of honor games on the PSone.

I'm not going to bother with call of duty (for a while at least) I'm pretty much burned out and bored with WWII FPS.

I thought that Allied Assault was an excellent game, I really didn't care much for Frontline though.

I always rent before I buy.. although you'd expect MOH to be good. Haven't played it yet.

How long did it take to beat? Maybe I'll rent it for 4 days and just blast through it till finish.

I only buy games that can be played over and over like driving games or hockey.