Medal of Honor to Navy Seal

RIP... Freedom isn't free

Hooya

RIP...much respect.

RIP

RIP, awesome man for going out like that!!!

While I am personally against the idea of war. . . And feel there are SEVERAL in the armed forces whose only intrest in enlistment, wasn't as noble a cause as protecting or fighting for the US.

I do, however, appreciate those who serve, have served, and will serve to protect their homes, their families, and, admiribly, to protect me . . . a total stranger.

Anyone who knows me can tell you, I have absolutely NO interest in politics and, for that matter, don't even vote. They can also tell you I don't complain about what Congress is doing, how the President is residing, or the current state of the union. I don't complain because I don't cast a vote to voice my opinion. I don't vote, so I don't complain. My personal opinions and actions aside. . . these men and women who fight may not want to be there, but they are. They are, because they beleive in something. Their/your/my rights as human beings. The right to choose. The right to voice an opinion or to remain silent. The right to beleive in whatever we beleive.

So, wether or not a I agree with war or politics, I agree with the fact that there are hundreds of thousands of past, present, and future beleivers fighting for us and our way of life. It doesn't matter who sent them to fight. It doesn't matter why. The fact remains, they've been there, are there, or will be there. Each one, pulling together, fighting as a team for all of us. . . and I appreciate that.

Some of you may feel they're out there killing for nothing. What you have to understand is that, whatever the motive was to send them, each one (mostly) signed up to fight for us. . . . wether they agree with the motive or not. They're out there risking it all for us. That's pretty damn cool. So, to steal a quote: "If you're not behind them, get your ass out there in front of them"

RIP and thanks

TTT RIP

USA Grappling and mrzipplokk

My brother was in Afghanistan with Marcus Luttrell the author of Lone Survivor. He was aboard the helicopter when it was shot down on it's way to help Marcus and the three other frogmen.

ttt

RIP bro.

RIP bro and thank you for your service -

God bless -

He missed my cousins wedding. All of the other guys from work were there....with their thanks to him

War Teams!

It takes a special kind of guy to throw himself on a grenade.  Dude is a hero, no doubt. RIP!

Thank you for posting that.

Rest in Peace Michael A. Monsoor.

Hooya rest in eternal peace.

ttt

Congrats to him, now he'll get a PT field named after him.

Great Post. RIP.

GJJ2803: "My brother was in Afghanistan with Marcus Luttrell the author of Lone Survivor. He was aboard the helicopter when it was shot down on it's way to help Marcus and the three other frogmen."

God bless your family and your brother. I just finished reading Luttrell's book and was awed by the story of that mission and heartbroken for those men and their families. The Seals are an amazing breed of men and I'm glad that there are those out there that will stand up and do the job they do. I feel lucky to live in a place where we have those men to stand out there for us. Thank you, to your family, and best wishes.

Wow, Thank you to a hero.

ttt once again for a true American Hero!!