Medford cop makes $250k/year, works 4 hours/day

Does a part day detail at Kelly's Roast Beef or Atlas Liquors.

Mayor and Chief claim its business as usual.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/5-investigates-medford-city-employee-earns-211k-working-on-average-halfdays/31305516?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_campaign=WCVB%20Channel%205%20Boston%20-%20wcvb5&Content%20Type=Story&linkId=12392224

U mad bro? Don't hate the player, hate the game!

He's a police Captain.

Gets his job done by noon, good for him.

<blockquote>DaveFu - "U mad bro? Don't hate the player, hate the game!"

I'm mad when they take all the good donuts at Demets.

Other than that, I wonder if it's a waste of money that this particular individual is the highest paid city employee in Medford and can't be bothered to work a full day.

One man's fraud, waste, and abuse is another's political saavy.

God, can you imagine how much money he'd make if he worked full time? :O

I'm curious how many of these wildly over paid civil servants have interesting backgrounds... Phone Post 3.0

12SixElbow - He's a police Captain.

The issue is that a salary commanding that type of money should not be done by noon. Phone Post 3.0

alkysmurf - I'm curious how many of these wildly over paid civil servants have interesting backgrounds... Phone Post 3.0

or caught one higher up in the food chain in a compromising situation?

GROUNDnLB - 

The issue is that a salary commanding that type of money should not be done by noon. Phone Post 3.0

government gonna government

they aren't bound to efficiency like corporations are

WEEI did whole thing on boston toll workers. City pays out like 8 times the national worker pay per mile of toll road. Corrupt ass city

That said Walsh sounds great everytime I hear him. Future governor material Phone Post 3.0

Girly - WEEI did whole thing on boston toll workers. City pays out like 8 times the national worker pay per mile of toll road. Corrupt ass city

That said Walsh sounds great everytime I hear him. Future governor material Phone Post 3.0
I heard them discussing that and the highest paid toll person was some woman making 125,000 a year , to collect a fucking toll ! Where do i sign up ? Phone Post 3.0

corruption is corruption

it should never be tolerated

"Doherty is cashing in on hundreds of hours of accrued comp time, much of which was earned about five years ago when a computer crashed and they had the captain, on overtime, re-entering information into the department's computer system."

"He's doing nothing that's illegal, he's doing what's allowed by contract and he's doing what's authorized by the chief."

"Even though on average he's working half days using time owed, he's still allowed to earn overtime and work details earning an extra $63,000 last year."

"Doherty said he's not looking to bilk the city and he's using the time he earned."

"According to his contract, he's eligible for an additional 69 days off a year, which includes vacation, sick, administrative days and days for perfect attendance."

I want that gig....I tried to be a full time cop for like 48k. Imagine all the time and money he has for activities Phone Post 3.0

billyball2 - "Doherty is cashing in on hundreds of hours of accrued comp time, much of which was earned about five years ago when a computer crashed and they had the captain, on overtime, re-entering information into the department's computer system."

"He's doing nothing that's illegal, he's doing what's allowed by contract and he's doing what's authorized by the chief."

"Even though on average he's working half days using time owed, he's still allowed to earn overtime and work details earning an extra $63,000 last year."

"Doherty said he's not looking to bilk the city and he's using the time he earned."

"According to his contract, he's eligible for an additional 69 days off a year, which includes vacation, sick, administrative days and days for perfect attendance."

This is some organized crime level of fraud and corruption - except it's legal!!

GROUNDnLB - 

Agreed.

TheKidAintMine -
billyball2 - "Doherty is cashing in on hundreds of hours of accrued comp time, much of which was earned about five years ago when a computer crashed and they had the captain, on overtime, re-entering information into the department's computer system."

This is some organized crime level of fraud and corruption - except it's legal!!
This.

69 days off per year?! What is this... Europe? Phone Post 3.0

TheKidAintMine -

Unless I'm reading it wrong, it sounds like the guy got fucked over and wasn't paid his deserved overtime pay for hours worked over 40/wk. was paid comp time instead. Now he is using his deserved time off. Phone Post 3.0

ShakeR_ - 
TheKidAintMine -

This.

69 days off per year?! What is this... Europe? Phone Post 3.0

Maybe he's also a school teacher.