Medical recreational or black market weed

Beautiful color, I washed 300 grams, I would feel comfortable saying there is 21 grams there, so a 7 percent return, not bad! There is still a ton of trichomes left yet, going to run that in the next test.

4 Likes

I think tomorrow I am going to try bagless again but without the column. I have a 4 inch inline filter with a 250 micron filter in it, I have a spare 150 micron one that I am going to swap it out with.

That should be enough to let it flow through the bigger filter, I’ll then run all the wash water through my 45 bag so I’ll have 149-45 captured. As long as it doesn’t blow up the pump it should work good.

To be continued.

3 Likes

Very nice ! Once you find the right protocol then you can start hunting for best yielding strains like GMO mentioned above :slight_smile:

Great job

1 Like

Wonder how an aodd pump would work, seems it would have a lot less maintenance issues than an impeller pump

1 Like

That’s a bilge pump/Wiz Bang. We had one’s that would move anything. I’d ask the manufacturer if it will move fluid with a sand substrate in it. I’m almost certain this will work for you. It’s an air operated double diaphragm design instead of a centrifugal pump. There is no impeller and that is what is messing up on the other pumps. Hopefully the flow rate is acceptable.

3 Likes

Yeah, the one I am looking at is this. It says it can handle 1/8th inch suspended solids. I am assuming adjusting the air supply will control the gpm? 35 gallons would be like a rocket ship!

3 Likes

120 is the max. Yes, you can control flow with less air but that will also affect pressure. It can also be done by throttling a discharge valve but I’m not sure the static head pressure on that pump or how far/ vertical it needs to go. Maybe a combination of the two would be best in order to reduce flow and keep the pressure you need.

3 Likes

They have a smaller one that will do 13 GMP but it only has a 1/2 inch inlet and outlet, I would be concerned with running the two inch line through it.

3 Likes

Screw it, I ordered it. I think it’s the missing piece to the puzzle, don’t need filters, I can just let it run and then dump into bags set up into a smaller conical with a pump set up like I have now. Drain this system into that and suck all the water out of the bottom, snag the bags and dump onto the freezer trays. I think this is actually going to work!

GIF by Giffffr

2 Likes

Let’s give it a shot

4 Likes

Well it worked but the 250 clogged when draining, it circulated fine though. It’s an easy fix, just cracked the pipe and washed out the filter. Next time I am going to try without the 250 and just run with the 150. I think there is enough surface area where it won’t clog.

Still got some decent bubble but this was the same stuff I had run yesterday. So I wasn’t expecting as big as a yield.

Still plenty of trichomes though so I will keep running it for the experiments until it is spent.

Might do some more tests later but now it’s time to wait for the other pump.

3 Likes

Sweet baby jesus, I just had one of the major medical growers call me, said he heard I was processing. Wants to give me pounds of dry trim to experiment with for free, said to just buy him lunch since they order take out like 4 times a week. I was like hell ya, I like bartering!

8 Likes

Congrats broooooo

My teacher who has an extraction company does most of it with trim so you got a great connect :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ready to shop

6 Likes

Damn, three contractor bags, I’m gonna be busy.

4 Likes

What an exciting time to be getting established in such a new and volatile market! You’re going to mess around and become the northeast Heisenberg.

5 Likes

Well, let’s see how this bad boy works, going to need to experiment with the pressure settings, I also had an idea to run a spare air line through the dip arm on the tank. Agitate with air from below as the water spins the top. I think I have enough fittings to hook it up.

2 Likes

LOL, this little pump is awesome, sounds like a steam engine

Doesn’t look like much but the reed in my 150 psi shop compressor broke so in the video I am running it off my little pancake compressor. I could only set it at 25 psi due to draining the tank so fast. I’m very happy with the vortex and agitation with just that little amount. Ordered the rebuild kit for the compressor so that should be here Wed to really give it some power.

Going to run a quick test tomorrow after work with the pancake to experiment with the work flow. I think I finally got it all figured out. Funny thing is I am basically back at my original idea as far as layout. They always say to go with your first answer.

3 Likes

Pancake FTW !

1 Like

Damn, after further review I’m not even sure if my 29 gallon will be able to max out the pump. Average air consumption is 37 cfm, compressor only pumps out 5.9 cfm at 90 psi. Oh well, that’s almost ten times what the pancake outputs so it should be more than plenty. This will be interesting.

2 Likes