Medicine Ball

Does anyone know of any good medicine ball exercises.

ttt

Do push ups on it.

get in push-up position, put the ball on the floor near your chest, put one hand on the ball and the other on the floor, do a push-up but as you get to the top of the movement shift the hand on the ball on the floor and the hand that was on the floor on the ball. Make sense?

I saw Randy doing them in some training footage before one of his fights.

Why the hell doesnt the UFC start showing that shit again?

Stand back to back then hand the ball back and forth by just turning at the hips.

"Stand back to back then hand the ball back and forth by just turning at the hips."

No offense ResidentEvil but that exercise is lame and anyone with some self respect will not do it.

Unless your workout partner is Kiana Tom. Then its ok

do crunches while someone drops the ball on your mid-section (when you lean back) then push the ball back up in the air (your partner catches it) you crunch,sit-up. Repeat.

Get a partner and do what I call the crucible.

10 tosses back and forth like a chest pass
10 tosses like a granny shot in elemnetary basketball ( ass to grass squat with under hand toss )
10 Shotputs each side ( one armed toss )
10 overhand tosses with arms outstretched
10 squat thrusts using medicine ball to push up on, stand up and toss the ball, partner does the same

Good for warm-up

http://www.nefitco.com/medball_handbook.html

"Stand back to back then hand the ball back and forth by just turning at the hips."

No offense ResidentEvil but that exercise is lame and anyone with some self respect will not do it. "

I have plenty of self respect and we do this as a warmup.It is also a great exercise for the obliques and if I was going to do this with Kiana Tom I would want to do it facing her not facing away from her

To do this one you need a rubber coated ball instead of a leather one. There are many, but the most challenging one I have ever seen is this one. It is also great b/c you only need yourself. Find a large concrete block or cement wall that is thick and sturdy, and perpendicular to the ground. Do three minute rounds of throwing the ball as hard as you can(alternate arms) against the wall, and letting it hit you as you catch it on the way back. I saw Brock Lessnar doing it on some training footage and this is by far the most challenging excercise I have done with the Medicine Ball. Also, you can push yourself as hard or easy as you can stand, so it is a good excercise for all fitness levels. Hope this helps.

Supersonic, im sure your a great fighter and person so how bout you live up to your best and dont bad mouth things that work. Im sure your gut is proof that you dont work out the same as most.

Damn, dont be so sensitive.

Admires abs.

Im not, just dont be a meany.