Megumii Fujii - BJJ?

Just curious: her bio lists her as a black belt in jiu-jitsu, but is she a BJJ black belt? Or is it a Japanese style?

Roxy might know the answer to this one.  Roxy where are you?

are you trying to set up a fight with her and Zuluzinho?

that would be epic!

LOL, I like where your head is at, playa!

From her website:

Accomplishments and titles:

•  5 time world sambo championships runner-up and 9 time All-Japan sambo champion

•  2005 ADCC world submission wrestling championships 3 rd place.

•  All Japan Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu champion

•  2 time Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Pan American games champion

•  Holds a black belt in Judo and Jiu-Jitsu.

•  Ground Impact: “Queen of Jiu-Jitsu” professional Jiu-Jitsu tournament champion.

^ after seeing this, Megumi is legit!

IMO, you dont get those type of groundskills by learning traditional jiu jitsu....must be bjj.

I'm thinking so too, but I'm still not seeing anyone exactly saying she's a black belt in BJJ...ttt for more specific info

Moth2Flame - Hillary beat her

Yeah, that's a real big accomplishment considering she outweighed Megumi by dozens of pounds.

"Yeah, that's a real big accomplishment considering she outweighed Megumi by dozens of pounds. "

Did you just say that?
I outweigh Marcello by dozens of pounds, bu he'd still kill me. What Hilary accomplished was amazing. period.

Catch Wrestling imo...

McLeod - I outweigh Marcello by dozens of pounds, bu he'd still kill me.

That comparison is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

Back on topic, please?

Beating Megumi is a huge accomplishment.

Unless there is a significant physical disparity.

I'd bet her belt is in Japanese Jiu-Jitsu but I also doubt that's where her skills come from. As far as I can tell she's spent a lot of time training with a few different Japanese pro fighters and Josh Barnett. That's probably where her ground skills come from.

I'd love to test her.

But then I'd be afriad of Josh Barnett crushing me.

imanari fan - Unless there is a significant physical disparity.

Oh quit the friggin' whining. Williams had to cut to get under 59 kilos. Its not like there was a 50 pound difference. Grow up.

There is probably more BJJ than Japanese ju jitsu in Japan now. Also Japanese ju jitsu isn't spelled "jiu".

imanari fan - 
Moth2Flame - Hillary beat her

Yeah, that's a real big accomplishment considering she outweighed Megumi by dozens of pounds.

you are a moron!!