Megumii Fujii - BJJ?

and a douchebag

At least I don't bully people who are smaller and weaker than me.

...anyone...

She is a BJJ Black Belt.

imanari fan - 
Moth2Flame - Hillary beat her

Yeah, that's a real big accomplishment considering she outweighed Megumi by dozens of pounds.

how many dozens?

For the record when Hillary fought she cut to make 135 and she also made similar cuts for BJJ until she realized she could win the heavier weight class as well. Megumi fights at 125. That's not a huge difference. In the LW division at Abu dhabi you had 135 and 145lb fighters in the same divisions.

Yep. And Hillary is also a purple belt that has been training for what, 3 years?

SHE was the huge underdog there, and YES, it is a huge deal that she beat Megumi.

Size makes a big difference. Particularly in grappling.

Sorry, Megumi fights at 112-115, not 125.

AnotherTMAguy - Size makes a big difference. Particularly in grappling.
It was 20 pounds or less. If Megumi had such a problem with the women in her division, she'd add some weight to deal with it.  Size makes a big difference when your opponent has a tad more than that. If 20 pounds or less is a big deal, then don't compete.

She trains out of AACC. Abe is a black belt in BJJ, and there is a Brazilian trainer there too I think, who has a black belt in BJJ. Plus Josh Barnett and I don't know what other amazingness. If they are saying black belt, I think it is probably in BJJ, but maybe someone smart can say otherwise?

Wow. I got lots of hate.

I was bigger, I was stronger. And yes, I am less technical. My size and my strength really, really worked to my advantage. Can you blame me though? Hell, it was a weight division, and I made it. I made 132 pounds. Do other fighters get hate for cutting weight and being bigger than their opponents?

But Megumi is a veteran of the sport, was a BB before I was even training, and is one of my idols as far as technique goes. To sarcastically say it was a "real big accomplishment" is kinda silly.

As for the title of the thread, her Wikipedia specifically says BB in "BJJ," not simply jiu jitsu.

Also, blog put out by Josh Barnett on Myspace (July 2006):

"Following Megumi's win in the Pan Am's in the brown/black belt division she was awarded her BJJ black belt."

did she smell nice?

Beating somebody like Megumi after only 3 years of training is one of the world wonders.

Congrats Hillary ! !

yes she is a BJJ black belt.

Again, great job Hillary.

Hillary - Wow. I got lots of hate.

I was bigger, I was stronger. And yes, I am less technical. My size and my strength really, really worked to my advantage. Can you blame me though? Hell, it was a weight division, and I made it. I made 132 pounds. Do other fighters get hate for cutting weight and being bigger than their opponents?

But Megumi is a veteran of the sport, was a BB before I was even training, and is one of my idols as far as technique goes. To sarcastically say it was a "real big accomplishment" is kinda silly.

As for the title of the thread, her Wikipedia specifically says BB in "BJJ," not simply jiu jitsu.

Also, blog put out by Josh Barnett on Myspace (July 2006):

"Following Megumi's win in the Pan Am's in the brown/black belt division she was awarded her BJJ black belt."

There is a long-time contingent here, of maroons, that equates weight cutting with cheating, somehow.  They never wrestled, or for that matter did any sport, that much I cna guarantee you. They pertty much are posting from their bedroom at home, hoping mom doesn't yell at them to get off the computer. So take the remarks with the same gravity that you would a discussion about whose mom is the bigger jerk who won't let them do ANYTHING and doesn't know ANYTHING.

Hillary is a bully!!!

Thanks for jumping in on the topic Roxy.
Rox19 - yes she is a BJJ black belt.