Melendez, Alvarez, or pettis next???

I say Melendez..... Champ vs Champ Phone Post

Alvarez

Pettis seems to have slipped a bit.

Melendez arguably lost his last fight.

Melendez first, then Alvarez while no 1 contender is sorted.

Pettis has gone 1-1 and is a few away from a shot Phone Post

Pettis if he beats Cowboy he was. Been promised a title shot many times but people forget cause Clay held him down his first UFC fight.

melendez easy

highest ranked, current champ, story with nate/revenge

FedorEmilioEstevez - 

lol uh what?

The winner of Pettis/Cowboy is next in line, and that's final. melendez and Alvarez need at least one fight in the UFC against a top contender before deserving a shot at the belt.

FedorEmilioEstevez - 

1-1?!

Pettis
Melendez
Alvarez (Still not sold on him being a top UFC lw)

Gilbert or Pettis, Alvarez hasnt signed yet and who knows if he will, plus he wouldnt come into the UFC and get a title shot, he isnt even a champ.

Pettis if he wins gets it probably because he beat Bendo but I think Gilbert/Bendo to unify the titles should happen first.

Michael Chandler

FedorEmilioEstevez - 

Errr, 2-1, and will be 3-1 if he wins his fight next month. That's the same winning streak as Diaz had, only it wasn't preceded by a 1-3 streak at LW, rather beating the current UFC champ. Plus, Diaz wasn't already promised the title shot twice. FFS, Pettis isn't a few away from a title shot. He's one, period.

Melendez was going to fight Healy, and Alvarez wasn't the best in Bellator. They can fight each other, or Maynard for the next shot after Pettis if he beats Cowboy.

Lahzerous -
FedorEmilioEstevez -  Melendez first, then Alvarez while no 1 contender is sorted.

1-1?!

Oh forgot Stephens. Yeah ok, my bad Phone Post

Pettis. Give Bendo his opportunity to avenge the loss. Gil can wait and heal up and Eddie needs a fight before fighting for the title. Phone Post

I still think Gil first though Phone Post

Pettis deserves it most, especially if he beats Cerrone. Really deserved to get his shot already Phone Post

Pettis is 2-1 in the UFC, one smothering loss to Guida in which he did more damage, and ruined top LW Joe Lauzon.

Pretty sure if he beats Cowboy he's the top dog.

Is Pettis the favourite over cowboy? Will be a great fight. Phone Post

you could make solid cases for all 3 and you would not be wrong no matter who you went with.

I would go Melendez, Pettis, Alvarez if I were to list them 1, 2, 3 but there is no right order really.

Melendez is the only option.

155, right now, is a lot like what 170 was not too long ago:

Bendo
Cerone, Pettis, Maynard
Jlau, Tibau, Varner, Wiman, Diaz
everybody else

Bendo is just too damn good.

Id like to see both Gil and Eddie get a tune up type fight in the UFC. Melendez especially as he hasnt been very sharp lately