Melendez: I can walk right through Pettis' kicks

Pettis kinda looks like a mini Bigfoot Silva in this picture.. Phone Post 3.0

I like Gil in this fight. He is a bad matchup for Anthony. Phone Post 3.0

Rooting for Gil just because I'm sick of Pettis being paraded around for the last year as champ. He's never even defended the belt. Phone Post 3.0

I'd be hyped about this fight if I had any confidence it was going to actually happen. Pettis must have the record for most cancelled/postponed fights in UFC history.

And this fight won't take place until after the Summer I assume so plenty of time for things to go wrong.

Walk through Pettis' kicks? lolno, only if Pettis misses.

Gil being flash KO'd by Sanchez was very telling.

SQUEEZIE -
DoomFarmer - Gil will beat Pettis and I'm not a fan of either guy. Phone Post 3.0

you willing to put a wager on this?
100 dollar PayPal bet and your screen name for a year? Phone Post 3.0

VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT - I like Gil in this fight. He is a bad matchup for Anthony. Phone Post 3.0

Nexuscrawlers - 
The_Spider - Gil knows how powerful Anthonys kicks are. Hes making this statement to trick Anthony into kicking more, leaving him open to get taken down.
This. Gil is no dummy. Phone Post 3.0

Exactly, its straight gameplan, who the fuck in their right mind in that weight class thinks they can actually walk through those kicks?

What about if their at your face Phone Post 3.0

Pitbull3744 -
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT - I like Gil in this fight. He is a bad matchup for Anthony. Phone Post 3.0

I agree.  Gils overall wrestling to boxing transitions could be the difference.  That being said since I am a huge Gil fan, he wont walk through Pettis's kicks.  Pettis kicks like a mule. 

Lol..I agree. It was just one of those things said to build the fight or to get Anthony thinking. And you nailed Gil's biggest strength. His boxing to wrestling/defensive wrestling transitions are something to marvel at. Phone Post 3.0

With such close fights with Henderson and Thompson, I dont think Gil can win a 5-rounder against Anthony. I definately understand the argument. And his transitions are great, as you guys have said. But Pettis did well against Henderson in their first meeting, either by stuffing takedowns or having an extremely active guard, and we saw what happened in the second fight. I could definitely be wrong, but I think Anthony is head and shoulders above anyone at 155. I'm guessing a ton of his focus is on TDD nowadays, especially after the Guida fight. And that, being 3 years ago, gave him a ton of time to improve on it. He knows nobody can strike with him. And his guard is great, even if he does get taken down. No signs of bad cardio. I think this kid is gonna be on top for a LONG time.

Khabib is his worst matchup I think. But I think i'd take Gil over Khabib because i'd think his wrestling is just good enough to stuff takedowns and maybe he out boxes khabib. Interesting matchups though

Part of my stance comes from the fact that his fights are all 5-rounds now. So I do think Gil and some others may be able to get 2 rounds off Anthony through takedowns. But can they do it for 3? And then, can they keep from getting exhausted and survive the next 2 rounds with Pettis trying to kick your head into the cheap seats. Seems like a tall order

1800champagne - Rooting for Gil just because I'm sick of Pettis being paraded around for the last year as champ. He's never even defended the belt. Phone Post 3.0
Well he is the champ, but it's definitely annoying when for the past year, all we've seen is him talk and not fight. Phone Post 3.0

Pitbull3744 -
1800champagne - Rooting for Gil just because I'm sick of Pettis being paraded around for the last year as champ. He's never even defended the belt. Phone Post 3.0

There is a good chance this fight wont happen and Pettis will be injured again.  

Lol god I hope not. The injuries in the UFC for the past few years have been ridiculous. What percentage of fights or cards have had one or more replacement fights?

Would be cool to see the numbers on that. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_CrestRio - I believe that translates to "Gonna use those for takedown opportunities" Phone Post 3.0
Your logic is strong.

Voted up. Phone Post 3.0

DoomFarmer -
SQUEEZIE -
DoomFarmer - Gil will beat Pettis and I'm not a fan of either guy. Phone Post 3.0

you willing to put a wager on this?

100 dollar PayPal bet and your screen name for a year? Phone Post 3.0
Squeezie, are you in or out? Phone Post 3.0

he can walk through a liver shot?