Melendez vs TJ Grant for the next #1 Contender?

To me this makes the most sense.

Melendez fought to a razor thin decision against the then Champ and put on one of the greatest fights in UFC history. I'd like to see Melendez beat a Top 5 guy before he gets another shot at the title.

Grant was told he'd get a title shot but he has pulled out twice and Uncle Fester himself said that he's "in limbo", so it's only logical that one more win over a Top 5 guy will get him out of "limbo" and an immediate title shot.

Khabib still doesn't have a Top 10 win, so he can fight either Benson or Dos Anjos.

I think khabibs win over healy could be considered a top 10 win. Phone Post

teamquestnorth - I think khabibs win over healy could be considered a top 10 win. Phone Post

Should* Phone Post

great fight

I thought Melendez beat Bendo. TJ looks like a destroyer at this weight. Both guys have earned a shot imo but the belt shouldn't wait on anyone and if these two want to stay busy it makes the most sense

Makes sense. Can't understand people saying Khabib, he still needs to prove himself in my opinion. I thought he looked sloppy against Healy. And a win over Healy doesn't make you number 1 contender. Phone Post 3.0

Good idea OP Phone Post 3.0

Melendez rapes him WAR MELENDEZ Phone Post 3.0

AdmiralCackbar -
teamquestnorth -  I think khabibs win over healy could be considered a top 10 win. Phone Post

I don't think that's the case at all. Pat Healy is a good fighter, but his win streak was against B and C level competition.

TJ vs Benson and Gil vs Anjos maybe?

Jim Miller is b or c level, me thinks not Phone Post

AdmiralCackbar -
teamquestnorth -  I think khabibs win over healy could be considered a top 10 win. Phone Post

I don't think that's the case at all. Pat Healy is a good fighter, but his win streak was against B and C level competition.

He just submitted him miller. He's top ten. Khabib dismantled him so now he's top ten Phone Post

AdmiralCackbar -
GregNoActionJackson - 
AdmiralCackbar -

That's exactly what I would consider him. He has some decent wins, but any time he's gone against top competition he has lost.

Most guys in the top ten lose to top competition because that's all they fight.
His losses include diaz Benson and Miller as of late. Losing to any of those guys is not bad. It definitely doesn't make you c level. Miller should go to fw though. If grey considered it so can miller Phone Post

AdmiralCackbar -
caseharts - 
AdmiralCackbar -
GregNoActionJackson - 
AdmiralCackbar -
teamquestnorth - 

I think khabibs win over healy could be considered a top 10 win. Phone Post

That's exactly what I would consider him. He has some decent wins, but any time he's gone against top competition he has lost.

Most guys in the top ten lose to top competition because that's all they fight.
His losses include diaz Benson and Miller as of late. Losing to any of those guys is not bad. It definitely doesn't make you c level. Miller should go to fw though. If grey considered it so can miller Phone Post

I didn't say that it's bad or that he's C level. He's a B level fighter. He can beat other guys around his skill level, but he just isn't cut out for the cream of the crop. Nothing against the guy, that's just how it is.

Id guess grey Maynard is too? Phone Post

AdmiralCackbar - Gray is 1-1-1 against Frankie Edgar, and has defeated Nate Diaz, Kenny Florian and Clay Guida. Oh, and he also defeated Jim Miller.

Let's compare that to Jim's biggest wins, Joe Lauzon and Melvin Guillard. Yea, those two are completely comparable .

Those aren't his biggest wins... You straight up picked his last 2 wins...
Matt wiman is a big win. Same with tibau and bocek. I'd say Gaillard is his biggest win though. That was craziness. I think currently his not top ten before the Healy fight he was though. I consider b class guys who can't beat guys in the top 20. Miller can and will do that. He should fight at fw.

I never said gray was worse than Miller. He has bigger wins but he's in the same situation. He lost to grant and edgar whose a fw now. He said he considered fw. I think they both should. Phone Post