Meltzer article on Fastlane

Saw on twitter it's his best article ever. Any way to read this without subscribing to his site? Phone Post 3.0

I'm waiting... Phone Post 3.0

I actually found it. really great read. kinda sad though.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2x6e60/dave_meltzer_but_the_biggest_story_on_fast_lane/

In for later Phone Post 3.0

It's a fantastic article, read it earlier today Phone Post 3.0

TTT Phone Post 3.0

That was my favorite Meltzer article since the Paul Bearer obituary. And as a wrestling fan it pissed me off in the best possible way.

"They’ll still chant “Yes” all the time, not with the fervor they once did, but it’ll always be the new “Hiyo.” When he’s 50, he can still be used for easy heat for a new heel, he can come out, get his nostalgia chant, and lose just like Jim Duggan did."

I don't know if Meltzer put that as his close to piss off the IWC on purpose, but that last paragraph sums it up. I think the "Yes Movement" needs to be kicked up even more. Seriously, us fans shouldn't give up, we should increase the pressure like last year.

ITS STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!!1! Phone Post 3.0

It's unfair to compare Bryan and the Yes Movement to that hack Duggan. All Duggan ever had was that stupid board and his thumbs up crap. Bryan is a thousand times the performer on every level.

Holy shit VTFU I wanted to repost that after reading it on the Observer last night. Phone Post 3.0

That was a very good article.

spot on

If Meltzer was having a dig at anybody in the that closing paragraph it was Vince. He wasn't purposely disrespecting Bryan, he was just reflecting on how Vince/WWE will view Bryan x amount of years down the line. Phone Post 3.0

Sleazy Martinez - If Meltzer was having a dig at anybody in the that closing paragraph it was Vince. He wasn't purposely disrespecting Bryan, he was just reflecting on how Vince/WWE will view Bryan x amount of years down the line. Phone Post 3.0
Sad thing is its how vince views Bryan presently, not years down the line. Phone Post 3.0

sambo4248 -
Sleazy Martinez - If Meltzer was having a dig at anybody in the that closing paragraph it was Vince. He wasn't purposely disrespecting Bryan, he was just reflecting on how Vince/WWE will view Bryan x amount of years down the line. Phone Post 3.0
Sad thing is its how vince views Bryan presently, not years down the line. Phone Post 3.0
Exactly. It's pretty depressing. Phone Post 3.0

The thing that got me about the article is the fact that everyone he mentioned that Vince has pushed to the top had momentum behind them. This just really doesn't make sense. Roman literally has ZERO momentum hell he's only been in two big singles matches on ppv cards. If they held off for a year or even six months or maybe even until summerslam it wouldn't feel as awkward and forced. I truly have a feeling we're going to see a big swerve at Wrestlemania. Phone Post 3.0

outstanding read for sure. So many great points that the WWE higher ups (well Vince) is not seeing for stupid petty reasons.

I read recently that Vince doesn't think Bryan is over it's just that the "Yes" chant is over. Phone Post 3.0

I can understand that from Vince's perspective. The "Yes" chant has become almost like the "What" chant. When Bryan was gone, the fans still chanted the fuck outta it. Of course most of it was at Steph who was mocking them with it, but it stayed alive even when he was gone.

Now, I do think it's due to Diego and not the fans, but hey, what do I know?

CaughtItFromARua - I read recently that Vince doesn't think Bryan is over it's just that the "Yes" chant is over. Phone Post 3.0

Maybe he's right, but why not give Bryan a chance and see if he can draw? I think that's one of the major themes of the article... Bryan is the only guy in the history of WWE to reach this level of popularity and not be given a chance to run on top.

By having Brock break The Streak, Vince was setting up Reigns' ascent at the same time he was putting the title on Bryan, which means Bryan was never going to be more than a placeholder champ. Even if Bryan hadn't gotten hurt, he would've dropped the title to Lesnar at SS just like Cena did and we'd be basically in the same place we are now.

Who knows though? Maybe have Reigns win at WM, and Bryan and Reigns feud. Reigns could do a good heel turn.