Meltzer UFC 208 early projections at low 200k

Jed I. Goodman‏@jedigoodman

Follow

More

Meltzer #UFC208 early projections at low 200k. #UFC

Jed I. Goodman‏@jedigoodman

Follow

More

If early projections stand #UFC208 would be the lowest #UFC PPV headlined by women's fight & lowest UFC PPV ever w/Anderson Silva on it.

Still lol'ing @ him for giving Okada v. Omega 6 stars. What a mark.
#BC4L

I wonder what would the numbers would have been if they had pushed Silva as the headliner and offered buildup around Brunson. 

Low 200's is still higher than a lot of people around here were expecting ... myself included.  I thought it'd be sub 200 for sure.

What the card deserved.

I'm pretty sure this is what the UFC wants, why? Duck if I know 

I figured 200-250k so not shocked

clattymine -

Low 200's is still higher than a lot of people around here were expecting ... myself included.  I thought it'd be sub 200 for sure.

Not once Anderson was added 

don't worry, the ship is still sailing

^^^

ThunderlipsTapped - Still lol'ing @ him for giving Okada v. Omega 6 stars. What a mark.
#BC4L

I loved that match! What's your issue with it?

If Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson did 310k buys, this number has to be much better than many people thought. I mean Holly off of 2 straight losses, Ronda losing so no heat on a possible rematch for the belts, and an opponent no casual had ever heard of. Plus Silva fighting another unknown. Over 200k is a victory.

The problem is that outside of the Miller v Poirier fight, there wasn't a whole lot that will make people interested in buying the next one. A bad card negatively impacts the next one, which is too bad because 209 should be a 500k+ buy but 208 was so terrible people might just stay away.

Andrewsimar Palhardass -
ThunderlipsTapped - Still lol'ing @ him for giving Okada v. Omega 6 stars. What a mark.
#BC4L

That match deserved every star

Ray Elbe -
clattymine -

Not once Anderson was added 

Even after Anderson was added people were saying sub 200. I can't use search function but if you search thread for buy rates from last week, you can see people saying that.

Spinning Shit - If Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson did 310k buys, this number has to be much better than many people thought. I mean Holly off of 2 straight losses, Ronda losing so no heat on a possible rematch for the belts, and an opponent no casual had ever heard of. Plus Silva fighting another unknown. Over 200k is a victory.

The problem is that outside of the Miller v Poirier fight, there wasn't a whole lot that will make people interested in buying the next one. A bad card negatively impacts the next one, which is too bad because 209 should be a 500k+ buy but 208 was so terrible people might just stay away.

Yea but any casual fan friend I had all said "Jones is fighting who? He's just gonna kill him, what a waste of time" and refused to order the ppv or even go to a sports bar to watch it. Gus was coming off of two decision wins that werent super eventful, he basically managed to somehow have a boring Shogun fight, and hadnt fought in 10 months when the Jones fight finally took place. 

Around what I expected.

and Okada/Omega deserved 6 stars.

Non N00B -
Spinning Shit - If Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson did 310k buys, this number has to be much better than many people thought. I mean Holly off of 2 straight losses, Ronda losing so no heat on a possible rematch for the belts, and an opponent no casual had ever heard of. Plus Silva fighting another unknown. Over 200k is a victory.

Yea but any casual fan friend I had all said "Jones is fighting who? He's just gonna kill him, what a waste of time" and refused to order the ppv or even go to a sports bar to watch it. Gus was coming off of two decision wins that werent super eventful, he basically managed to somehow have a boring Shogun fight, and hadnt fought in 10 months when the Jones fight finally took place. 

Unless the opponent does the heavy lifting and is charismatic enough to promote the fight on their own (Chael, Rashad, Rampage) or something extraordinary happens like the Cormier media day fight, ~350k seems to be Jones' water line.

luctaro -

What the card deserved.

Robbie Lawler #'s

Andrewsimar Palhardass -
#BC4L

Best match.