Meltzer: UFC's idea is Conor vs Khabib/Tony winner

FingerorMoon - 

If Conor beats the Khabib/Tony winner then he’d have a legit argument that he’s the MMA GOAT .... and he’ll be completely impossible to deal with lol

Not true. Anderson had to beat Franklin twice, vitor, hendo, Okami, and like 10 others.

Conor winning 2 LW fights doesn’t say much. However if he beats Khabib, then Tony, then Gaethe, Tony again, Diaz again, and rattled off 10 straight against top contenders, then he’ll be in the talk of goat.

Mynameisburns -

No surprise here this should be common sense 

Conor doesn’t want Khabib. 

Conor wants no part of Khabib, He’s praying Tony wins, I think Tony beat him as well…Expect him to go down to 45 to fight TJ Or Holloway

sassen -

If TJ beats MM and becomes two weight champ. Mcgregor will cut down to 45 again and fight Dillashaw. Easier fight that Khabib or on par with Tony. The marketing potential will be great. Mcgregor the first two weight concurrent champ verses the 2nd and reigning concurrent champ. Be an awesome fight too.

You know that Holloway is 145 champ right? And TJ vs MM will have no actual effect on that. 

Who’s Meltzer?

Defend (for once) or vacate.

FDM

tomtomthumb - Conor wants no part of Khabib, He's praying Tony wins, I think Tony beat him as well....Expect him to go down to 45 to fight TJ Or Holloway

He should have to fight both of them and not let everyone else do the heavy lifting for him knocking each other off while he remains on extended vaca. You know he will act as if there is no one left to fight if he comes back and wins 1 fight.

tomtomthumb - Conor wants no part of Khabib, He's praying Tony wins, I think Tony beat him as well....Expect him to go down to 45 to fight TJ Or Holloway

In some ways I agree. But people said the same about Aldo.