Melvin Guillard loss predictions thread

RNChoked out by Diaz in the first round.

I'm thinking triangle.

CRE - Guillard wins this fight

I am on an insane betting streak on mma.tv and let's see if Diaz is the one to stop it

LOL

melvin by rick davis-esque highlight reel KO

melvin had a number of months to vizualise the fight staying at my work establishment :)

CRE - 

Looks like Melvin lacks KO power

I've been around Melvin a few times and he is a really cool dude and extremely talented. The sky is the limit if he can stay focused. Don't count him out against Diaz because he has improved on his submission/submission defense as evidenced in his fight against Gleison Tibau, who is as good or better than Nate in JJ.

War Melvin.

CRE - Guillard wins this fight

I am on an insane betting streak on mma.tv and let's see if Diaz is the one to stop it

I love the Diaz bros but I'm tending to agree with you.  Not many underdogs caught my eye but if Melvin is back to form his strength might win him this one.  Nate can win any number of ways tho.  My gut says Melvin.

toshii - 
CRE - 

You're supposed to KO training partners during sparring?

YHTOMIT2001 - 
toshii - 
CRE - 

You're supposed to KO training partners during sparring?

Looked like he was swing for the fences

lol holy cow @ that pace. I hope Diaz wins

Diaz is a far better striker than Huerta and   Huerta ws getting lit up but did not seem bothered in the least.

CRE - I don't think you guys are visualizing the fight the same way I am, basically Nate is confident in his standup to a fault, he has a reach advantage here but he tends to lean forward and keeps his chin out there pretty high, Melvin Guillard is an excellent striker I know that many of you are down on him, but when it comes to pure natural ability he really has so much to offer when it comes to fighting.

Obviously the big hole in Guillard's game is Diaz big strength and that's the submissions, but if the fight doesn't end up with a submission then what? Is Nate going to control the pace? Is he going to bully Guillard physically around the cage?

Or is he going to fight someone who came into fighting from the streets, get into a streetfight and get KTFO?

I tend to think that he's going to get laid down and it's not because I doubt Nate, but because stylistically he's going to play into Melvin's hands. Don't be surprised if this looks a bit like Maia/Marquardt.

yo cre... put down the crackpipe -don't want you to end up like dj AM

any choke = instant tap from Guillard

Melvin Guillard was the first guy to beat Roger Huerta!  He's no joke, but I do have to agree when he gets in there will world class grapplers (ex. Stevenson) he gets caught quickly.  Stevenson is a blackbelt but Nate's ground game is not far behind.  This is definitely a bad matchup for Melvin but it has potential to be a very competitive fight. 

signed.

Melvin will win this fight.

ahhh nate by whatever he wants.  i was surprised melvin got main event status, but good for both of them.

huerta melvin the rock bet $20 to win $253.60   huerta melvin bet $20 to win $181.60  Favorites can't always win.

melvin by ko